• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i think the canuck's might be my 4th fav team behind Detroit, kings and blue jackets. weird how i only like western conf teams.
i really like Ryan Kesler, and the sedins, and Mikael Samuelsson use to play with detroit, and pavol demitra and there goalies luongo and raycroft
Canucks are nothing but a bunch of hair-pulling pussies.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Hardyboy1224 said:
i think the canuck's might be my 4th fav team behind Detroit, kings and blue jackets. weird how i only like western conf teams.
i really like Ryan Kesler, and the sedins, and Mikael Samuelsson use to play with detroit, and pavol demitra and there goalies luongo and raycroft
<3 Ryan Kesler

just a heads up i've been contemplating nhl retirement for a bit now

I'm gonna be gone late-may to late-june. I'm not sure what the chances of you guys still play at that point is but I'm thinking by then my mind might be done with this. we'll see!

Maybe I ought to move to goalie to get my passion back! :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
just a heads up i've been contemplating nhl retirement for a bit now

I'm gonna be gone late-may to late-june. I'm not sure what the chances of you guys still play at that point is but I'm thinking by then my mind might be done with this. we'll see!

Maybe I ought to move to goalie to get my passion back! :lol
Do you know how many times I've said I was quitting? :lol

You'll be back soon enough. :D

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So does Marvie still play sucky goalie? Or who is the goalie?
Now he plays sucky D, don't actually have a goalie with Marvie up front and Laserbot dead

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol One of my few memories was you getting frustrated at goalie and saying the game was cheating you. :D
Don't even begin to tell me that this game doesn't fuck you over. I've played 1,000+ games and I've seen every type of bullshit this game is capable of. :lol

ph33nix said:
We're going to win something tonight: the game, or the fight.

That's our club's credo now
Better than our old credo of "Well, we're probably gonna lose but we should at least try to win a fight or score a goal."

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, and a big Congrats to Noz for becoming the team's new leader in worst +/-! After 8 months we finally have a new champion and I can feel a little less shitty. :lol

I dedicate this song to you in honor of your historic achievement!

Marvie_3 said:
Oh, and a big Congrats to Noz for becoming the team's new leader in worst +/-! After 8 months we finally have a new champion and I can feel a little less shitty. :lol

whats his plus/minus since i cant look at it

PBY

Banned
just saw your xbl message marv... to answer your question about why i was playing with vancouver.... i saw last nights game :/

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Fucking bummer.

Also, the comment about Marvie bitching about the game cheating him: That doesn't sound like our Marvie AT ALL. Maybe you were on a different team?
Or maybe....there are TWO Marvies.... *DUN DUN DUN*

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:

FUCK YEAH I'M THE BEST

crown.png

Marvie_3 said:
First info on NHL 11

How much of this stuff is actually done remains to be seen. :lol
Reading that got me zero excited for next year's game.
Honestly, and I'll get it regardless, but if they don't add physics, I'm going to be fucking bummed out. Slow it down, add physics.

AND MAKE IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR EVERYONE TO PRESS A BEFORE EVERY FUCKING FACEOFF. OMG WTF.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Honestly, and I'll get it regardless, but if they don't add physics, I'm going to be fucking bummed out. Slow it down, add physics.

AND MAKE IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR EVERYONE TO PRESS A BEFORE EVERY FUCKING FACEOFF. OMG WTF.
I'm vaguely curious about the unmentionable fix for people getting bumped but still being able to do things. Maybe a little Fifa10 pushing action?

Nozdeuce said:
I'm vaguely curious about the unmentionable fix for people getting bumped but still being able to do things. Maybe a little Fifa10 pushing action?
Just take FIFA, put sticks in their hands and color the grass white and I'll be happy. Don't even need to replace the ball with a puck.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

Yeah, the physics definately need work. The whole magnetic puck-stick stuff is ridiculous. The convenient rebounds that don't go the way they should bounce sucks too. Makes it too hard to play goalie sometimes.

Nozdeuce said:
The player on player collision detection needs to be overhauled as well. I'm sick of hitting someone full speed, and just bouncing off while they maintain complete control of the puck.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Just take FIFA, put sticks in their hands and color the grass white and I'll be happy. Don't even need to replace the ball with a puck.
Tip ins are the new headers? :(

I have a lot of problems with both games, Fifa attributes seem really overpowered and NHLs just seem broken.

For the most part I don't really know what I want fixed. I'm glad the ai defense is actually going to get the puck behind the net finally. Most of my problems are nitpicky, glitched point shots, wristers and all that shit I can get used to and endure. I don't like how your player can kick the puck from his skate to his stick but then can't take control of the slowest moving puck painfully sliding by. The game is so crippled it cripples me, anytime I knock a puck loose it magically slips over to another opposing player, but recently it hasn't been as often. So now I unexpectedly get the puck and dunno wtf to do.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Tip ins are the new headers? :(

I have a lot of problems with both games, Fifa attributes seem really overpowered and NHLs just seem broken.

For the most part I don't really know what I want fixed. I'm glad the ai defense is actually going to get the puck behind the net finally. Most of my problems are nitpicky, glitched point shots, wristers and all that shit I can get used to and endure. I don't like how your player can kick the puck from his skate to his stick but then can't take control of the slowest moving puck painfully sliding by. The game is so crippled it cripples me, anytime I knock a puck loose it magically slips over to another opposing player, but recently it hasn't been as often. So now I unexpectedly get the puck and dunno wtf to do.
AI defense needs a LOT of work. The "momentum" system needs to be scrapped too. It's ridiculous how one sided the games are because of the AI players you get stuck with or because your guy gets knocked down after the whistle.

But, seeing as this is only the first of these blogs, I'm guessing they're saving the big overhauls for later. Hopefully they actually fix them this time.....

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
AI defense needs a LOT of work. The "momentum" system needs to be scrapped too. It's ridiculous how one sided the games are because of the AI players you get stuck with or because your guy gets knocked down after the whistle.

But, seeing as this is only the first of these blogs, I'm guessing they're saving the big overhauls for later. Hopefully they actually fix them this time.....
this is true, we might be treated to another BRAND NEW AMAZING FIGHTING SYSTEM

Nozdeuce said:
this is true, we might be treated to another BRAND NEW AMAZING FIGHTING SYSTEM
:lol :lol :lol

That's probably exactly right, unfortunately.

If I had a few hours I'm sure I could list about a billion complaints that mostly come down to borked physics and hit detection.

Oh, I'm getting Red Dead Redemption, but on PS3. So if any of you are doing that, let me know.
I'm sick of my 360 crapping out and need a game to play while I decide whether I should buy a new one or not.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:

If I had a few hours I'm sure I could list about a billion complaints that mostly come down to borked physics and hit detection.

Oh, I'm getting Red Dead Redemption, but on PS3. So if any of you are doing that, let me know.
I'm sick of my 360 crapping out and need a game to play while I decide whether I should buy a new one or not.
Decide to get a new one now, get Red Dead on 360, play with Marvie and me + others. I find the group mp stuff really compelling, hoping to rope a few friends into joining up. And the more Banhammers the merrier

You obviously need one for team NHL11 anyway, just get an arcade

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

I'm getting it on 360. Eff you.

Top Bottom