• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on for some chel in a little while.

Supersonic was on last night. Dollar Taco posted today. Justegarde played some games with us not too long ago. Would be sweet if we could get some other inactive Banhammers chelling again too. So if you guys still poke into this thread, feel free to hop back into some games with us.

me and noz decided to give a team a 3 goal cushion in the first to an opponent. its 4-1 at the end of the first

its the only fair way now

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Pheenix and me had some great games. Dong popped on after Pheenix went to bed and we went 4-1. Currently the club record is 30-26.

Marvie_3

Banned
So from playing some OTP games as goalie, its apprently bad if you use the right stick. Letting the goalie make autosaves is a much better strategy. Nice work EA.

Socreges

Banned
HAI GUYZ

Funny seeing people here that are never in the OT-NHL thread...

I just rented the game and played a bit, but I'll be returning it tomorrow and then getting the game from a friend within the week... so I'm in... but won't be around quite yet.

Maryanne Hossa :lol

Nozdeuce

Welcome Newguy!

Congrats on your first win beating Marvie, definitely starting out right. It'll be cool to have someone so new to play with. Be sure to never let the goalie freeze it, always pass the puck out, it's Marvie's favored technique. Often leads to some sweet stretch passes and odd man rushes.

We never really play positionally much, and at least I play like a crazy person. I'm kind of hoping that my brand of crazy and your newness syncs up.

Welcome aboard, should be fun.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Congrats on your first win beating Marvie, definitely starting out right. It'll be cool to have someone so new to play with.
He actually beat me twice. We played a vs game before the league game. He beat me 1-0 because I Dan Boyle'd my own net. :(

Nozdeuce said:
Be sure to never let the goalie freeze it, always pass the puck out, it's Marvie's favored technique.
Do this and I'll fucking kill you. :lol

Nozdeuce said:
We never really play positionally much, and at least I play like a crazy person. I'm kind of hoping that my brand of crazy and your newness syncs up.
We've been playing a lot better lately. After 8 months we finally figured out how to get a cycle going and smother opponents on defense. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
He actually beat me twice. We played a vs game before the league game. He beat me 1-0 because I Dan Boyle'd my own net. :(
Wow, so does that qualify him as our new Banhammer overlord?

Marvie_3 said:
Do this and I'll fucking kill you. :lol
Okay, so it's my favorite technique. I still don't think you're used to my crazy passing style. I usually like to get puck from goalie and wheel around a bit while friendlies go up ice and hopefully enemies come try to jack it from me. Then I do my best Brett Favre and slang that son of a bitch and wham, Ph33nix scores on the breakaway and gets me a free point (or Dong shoots it straight at the goalie and I swear wildly)

Marvie_3 said:
We've been playing a lot better lately. After 8 months we finally figured out how to get a cycle going and smother opponents on defense. :lol
I blame the above, we're actually breaking in successfully. I'm often able to slam through a defender at the blue line then huck it back to our D at the point, but I lose it just as often. Other times some people don't want to take it in themselves and we got tied up in awkward neutral zone passing with everyone going in diagonals barely staying onside. Sooo I prefer just springing people with a long ass stretch pass

I do like our cycling though, Ph33nix especially is able to wheel around and pull off such random goals. Everyone has been doing way better at puck movement and getting into better positions. I just wish everyone didn't seem like they felt obligated to feed me the puck so often :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Wow, so does that qualify him as our new Banhammer overlord?
Not yet......

Nozdeuce said:
Okay, so it's my favorite technique. I still don't think you're used to my crazy passing style. I usually like to get puck from goalie and wheel around a bit while friendlies go up ice and hopefully enemies come try to jack it from me. Then I do my best Brett Favre and slang that son of a bitch and wham, Ph33nix scores on the breakaway and gets me a free point (or Dong shoots it straight at the goalie and I swear wildly)
The last thing we need on this team is a "Favre". :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
The last thing we need on this team is a "Favre". :lol
Sadly I'm better at that than cycling the puck in the offensive zone. Springing someone with a stretch pass is easy for me, it's when I have to choose between trying a shot or going for another cycle that I fuck up. Case in point the other night while playing with Dong I only managed to get one shot through to the net, hit the post, all the others pinged off people at point blank.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I only managed to get one shot through to the net, hit the post, all the others pinged off people at point blank.
Wow. You'd fit in perfectly with the Chicago Blackhawks' defense. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Wow. You'd fit in perfectly with the Chicago Blackhawks' defense. :lol
I try what I can. My slapshot stats are so low it's a wild adventure for both me and goalie.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What the FUCK is going on in here?
Our league is actively accepting new members? Playoffs are a bizarre time.
Just because you and Noz are xenophobic, doesn't mean ALL of us are. Besides, someone has to take your place since you never play anymore.

By the way, I found the cat version of you in another thread.

208y83r.jpg

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
What the FUCK is going on in here?
Our league is actively accepting new members? Playoffs are a bizarre time.
Well you are our mean drunk, any attempts at hostility would be a mockery of your skills.

Also false sense of security. He's fine now, but hes yet to be traumatized by my sweet passes.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
The Wings game is over. I'm on 360. Nobody else is.

Also, I have
diarrhea
. I got my 360 to work and this is how I'm repaid.
I'll be on shortly, I'd be down for something

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Laserbot is dead??? Better pick up a 40 so I can pour it out for him.
Good call, totally need to buy booze after exam tomorrow. OR BEFORE???

PBY

Banned
oh fuck... finals came at the worst time, the leagues heating up, laserbot's back, and we're actually winning games.... and i don't have time to play b/c I have to study....

Tomorrow night I'll try to sneak in a game or two... no promises though, my life is all kinds of hell right now with school

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
oh fuck... finals came at the worst time, the leagues heating up, laserbot's back, and we're actually winning games.... and i don't have time to play b/c I have to study....

Tomorrow night I'll try to sneak in a game or two... no promises though, my life is all kinds of hell right now with school
Guido cat says you should skip all that and chel.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Sorry. I waited, then my 360 turned itself off, and I took it as a sign to poop some more. What time you guys around tonight?
All good, I was mostly just impressed you were online for more then 8 seconds. Figured something melted or you were in the shower crying with the water going pooping down the drain. Soooo didn't see it being both coming.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I won't care what happens this year in the playoffs as long as Pittsburgh doesn't win again.
All the goalies have been so shakey I think I should win the playoffs. Not like Marc Andre Lelele was anything special in game six, just fuckin dupuis got the single greatest goal of his career. He barely even fuckin hits the net most times. Fuck.

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
set a time, bitches! wilt the stilt is around tonight to bang some goals in and make some passes
yaaaay my tall black ass lucky charm :lol I'm sure I'll be around all night, and had my last exam today sooo yeah, I'm free whenever.

Maximus.

fuck I was dominating a on a ranked online game. I was the Canucks and the opponent was San Jose. There were four people on that team, and honestly they blew. No D, horrible coordination. Anyways, I was up 5-0, had like 2 or 3 breakaway goals and halfway through the third period they disconnected. Motherfuckers.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fraull said:
fuck I was dominating a on a ranked online game. I was the Canucks and the opponent was San Jose. There were four people on that team, and honestly they blew. No D, horrible coordination. Anyways, I was up 5-0, had like 2 or 3 breakaway goals and halfway through the third period they disconnected. Motherfuckers.
Hello, sir. Why aren't you on our team?

Nozdeuce

If we finish with a winning record this month are we gonna retire the jerseys?

Nozdeuce

That was a fucking shitty ending to that game. Sorry about not talking, my god damn mic was acting up. Would have it plugged in and it wouldn't register and shit, was weird. That game was just an abortion though, such awful goals.

Sweet goal during the final minute to tie though :D

Top Bottom