• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
It's free in NHL.

We should figure out some way to use it to set up a league, assuming they haven't added anything to the online league mode for NHL 11.
Well then. UT done right. But, how would that work? I mean, in Fifa, isn't UT, essentially soccer pokemon: buy new packs to get better players to make you team truly ultimate?
How's that going to work in NHL? Can we have a league team or is it individual?

The only things I play on my iPhone anymore are Carc, Words with Friends, Angry Birds, and Peggle. I just picked up Final Fantasy I again and actually am enjoying that too...

Also, SCII is awesome. I just qualified for Gold League. Woot. I'm sure I'll be demoted to Silver then Bronze soon enough. =/

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Well then. UT done right. But, how would that work? I mean, in Fifa, isn't UT, essentially soccer pokemon: buy new packs to get better players to make you team truly ultimate?
How's that going to work in NHL? Can we have a league team or is it individual?
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4C0dPiXI60

SnakeswithLasers said:
The only things I play on my iPhone anymore are Carc, Words with Friends, Angry Birds, and Peggle. I just picked up Final Fantasy I again and actually am enjoying that too...

Also, SCII is awesome. I just qualified for Gold League. Woot. I'm sure I'll be demoted to Silver then Bronze soon enough. =/
juc02b.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
:lol

That looks cool. And by cool, I mean very time consuming.
EASHL will take up most of my time.

I've been meaning to ask you Noren, but have you played much of the NHL games before?

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
EASHL will take up most of my time.

I've been meaning to ask you Noren, but have you played much of the NHL games before?
Pre-current gen, yes. The only sports games I played during the PS1 era were NHL. I played some during my PS2 days. But, I can always log on a few dozen hours to practice.

NoRéN said:
Pre-current gen, yes. The only sports games I played during the PS1 era were NHL. I played some during my PS2 days. But, I can always log on a few dozen hours to practice.
"Practice" for our team means getting drunk while you aren't signed into XBL.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
"Practice" for our team means getting drunk while you aren't signed into XBL.
Damn, then I guess every game I have played on my 360 has been nothing but practice.
Fallout 3: 150 hours of practice.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Ok. Just wanted to make sure you weren't totally new to the series....not that it matters. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
"Practice" for our team means getting drunk while you aren't signed into XBL. Then drinking a lot more while playing.
Fixed for accuracy.

NoRéN said:
Damn, then I guess every game I have played on my 360 has been nothing but practice.
Fallout 3: 150 hours of practice.
Only 150? I just passed 500 last night. :lol

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Woo! 2200 swagbucks in ~2 weeks. NHL 11 is going to be free for me too! :lol
how the fuck did you get so many? I just hoping I can get a few more FIFA...or Fallout New Vegas...or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood....why so many games!!!! Why!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
how the fuck did you get so many? I just hoping I can get a few more FIFA...or Fallout New Vegas...or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood....why so many games!!!! Why!!!
Surveys. :lol

At this rate, the two games I'm buying this year(NHL, Fallout), are going to be free. :D

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Surveys. :lol

At this rate, the two games I'm buying this year(NHL, Fallout), are going to be free. :D
are you getting any of the collector's editions for new vegas?

edit: any good pre-order bonuses for NHL11?
amazon.com said:
Pre-order NHL 11 and receive three free digital issues of The Hockey News

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
are you getting any of the collector's editions for new vegas?

edit: any good pre-order bonuses for NHL11?
Yeah, my love for Fallout requires me to get the super-mega-deluxe edition.

Only preorder bonus I've heard is from Gamestop. You get bonus boost gear for your player if you preorder.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, my love for Fallout requires me to get the super-mega-deluxe edition.

Only preorder bonus I've heard is from Gamestop. You get bonus boost gear for your player if you preorder.
Dammit! I looked it up and amazon, gamestop, walmart, and best buy will be getting their own pre-order packs. Looks like I'll be getting the walmart pre-order.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Dammit! I looked it up and amazon, gamestop, walmart, and best buy will be getting their own pre-order packs. Looks like I'll be getting the walmart pre-order.
Ugh.... I already have it paid off at Gamestop(gift cards). All that other shit will be DLC at some point. The Vault 13 jumpsuit is much cooler than the others anyway. :D

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Ugh.... I already have it paid off at Gamestop(gift cards). All that other shit will be DLC at some point. The Vault 13 jumpsuit is much cooler than the others anyway. :D
You could always cancel.
The caravan outfit and the shotgun > vault 13 jumpsuit and handgun.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I'm really looking forward to the included poker chip. It'll replace my Oblivion coin for making dubious life decisions.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I'm really looking forward to the included poker chip. It'll replace my Oblivion coin for making dubious life decisions.
I really want to preorder the collector's edition but I don't want to spend all that/ I'm tempted to wait since it worked out for Bioshock 2. Got the collector's edition on amazon for $40.
But, damn if that artbook doesn't look cool!

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
You should burn half of your face off so you can be like the Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face!

NoRéN said:
I really want to preorder the collector's edition but I don't want to spend all that/ I'm tempted to wait since it worked out for Bioshock 2. Got the collector's edition on amazon for $40.
I stopped buying collector's editions of games a long time ago. Not worth it. But I do love the Fallout series enough to go all out for this one.

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
So jealous, Canadian Amazon is super useless. I'm kinda worried about New Vegas since Obsidian is making it, and I really haven't liked anything they've made, not to mention all their games are horrible buggy abortions. If all goes south I'll at least have the Poker Chip and Artbook :lol

Marvie_3 said:
You should burn half of your face off so you can be like the Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face!

I stopped buying collector's editions of games a long time ago. Not worth it. But I do love the Fallout series enough to go all out for this one.
Man, now there's a movie. Are the women of batman cursed? I'd say Kidman peaked in that one, and Silverstone hasn't been seen since. Katie Holmes is generally awol/locked in a dungeon.

With the amount of game trade ins I do I only get CEs for games I know I'm going to keep forever.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
So jealous, Canadian Amazon is super useless. I'm kinda worried about New Vegas since Obsidian is making it, and I really haven't liked anything they've made, not to mention all their games are horrible buggy abortions. If all goes south I'll at least have the Poker Chip and Artbook :lol
Bethesda is much worse when it comes to buggy messes. I just like that a lot of the same developers that started the series are back working on it. The writing should be a lot better in NV than it was in F3 and hopefully it's more in line with F1 and F2.

Oh, and Kidman peaked with Moulin Rouge.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Me too. But, that how I am with Bioshock as well. Very few games would I get a collectors edition of. Fallout and Bioshock would be the exceptions. Since my lady wanted the soundtrack, couldn't say no for $40(normally $100).

And yeah, Bethesda and bugged games go together like, how you say, spagetti and meatball.
...if yet to visit Shalebridge in Fallout 3.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
...if yet to visit Shalebridge in Fallout 3.
I'm still finding new little places to go in F3. I've been discovering little caves and sewers to explore lately. Plus there are places on the map that I've never been inside either. :lol

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I want a Galaxy News Radio app :(
fixed cuz you so dum
you so dum
fo' real
Marvie_3 said:
I'm still finding new little places to go in F3. I've been discovering little caves and sewers to explore lately. Plus there are places on the map that I've never been inside either. :lol
One of the last perks I got was one that unlocked all locations on the map. It was overwhelming.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
fixed cuz you so dum
you so dum
fo' real

One of the last perks I got was one that unlocked all locations on the map. It was overwhelming.
I didn't even see that perk until my 2nd playthrough. By then I'd already wandered for hours finding everything. :lol

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
fixed cuz you so dum
you so dum
fo' real

I liked President Eden :(

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
lone wanderer: You should blow yourself up.
President Eden: No
lone wanderer: Yes.
President Eden: ok.
Yeeeah that was pretty poor. But that's what denial's for. Enclave radio and the Republic of Dave are like my two favorite things.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
Yeeeah that was pretty poor. But that's what denial's for. Enclave radio and the Republic of Dave are like my two favorite things.
I freaking knew it! You're a polygamist robot!!!

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
I freaking knew it! You're a polygamist robot!!!
I do kind of like the idea of a "bang wife" as well as a "cooking wife". That's how that shit works right?

Nozdeuce

Mark your calendars friends. October 1st at 10pm is the A&E premiere of Teach, starring actor turned Philadelphia highschool english teacher Tony Danza. I'm stoked.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
Mark your calendars friends. October 1st at 10pm is the A&E premiere of Teach, starring actor turned Philadelphia highschool english teacher Tony Danza. I'm stoked.
You won't have time to watch, with all the NHL and FIFA going on.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Normally I support anything Tony Danza does, but I cannot support this.

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
You won't have time to watch, with all the NHL and FIFA going on.
If
when
I score a lot can I get time off for good behavior?

Marvie_3 said:
Normally I support anything Tony Danza does, but I cannot support this.
Neither could the State of New York since he has no teaching certificate. The land of the Fresh Prince is slightly more forgiving apparently

Top Bottom