• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Shut up, nerds.
I was going to write like a 3 line blurb from Warhammer40k lore, but suffice it to say that when wanting to passively extricate myself from the presence of a faith based aggressor "Horus Heresy" sounds promisingly religious in nature, at least initially :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I was going to write like a 3 line blurb from Warhammer40k lore, but suffice it to say that when wanting to passively extricate myself from the presence of a faith based aggressor "Horus Heresy" sounds promisingly religious in nature, at least initially :lol
jhzlns.jpg

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Holy shit I can't stop laughing at that.

Basically annoyingly-religious religious chicks don't appreciate it when you try to pass off bad sci-fi lore as biblical

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Holy shit I can't stop laughing at that.

Basically annoyingly-religious religious chicks don't appreciate it when you try to pass off bad sci-fi lore as biblical
I try to avoid these. I do like arguing with them when I do have to cross paths with them though.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Ugh...made it 5 minutes with the Medal of Honor beta. Fuck that game.
:( I appreciate it's lack of helicopters and carpet bombings, just me pistoling the shit out of people

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
:( I appreciate it's lack of helicopters and carpet bombings, just me pistoling the shit out of people
It's crap. Guns are way inaccurate(even more than in BC2) and the controls are just stupid.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
It's crap. Guns are way inaccurate(even more than in BC2) and the controls are just stupid.
Yeah I wasn't really feeling it initially, been 1st place ever since after a first few shakey rounds. Sooooooo easy it's hilarious

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Yeah I wasn't really feeling it initially, been 1st place ever since after a first few shakey rounds. Sooooooo easy it's hilarious
Yeah, I'm just going to stick to BC2. New VIP maps come out tomorrow. :D

Peterboy, Noz, laserbot. We need to finish our league for NHL 10.

By the way.....where the fuck has peterboy been?

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, I'm just going to stick to BC2. New VIP maps come out tomorrow. :D

Peterboy, Noz, laserbot. We need to finish our league for NHL 10.

By the way.....where the fuck has peterboy been?

what league? what am i a chop suey? and where had my duke bro been i need someone to talk to about my favorite college.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
what league? what am i a chop suey? and where had my duke bro been i need someone to talk to about my favorite college.
It was the Vs league we started. You were in it until your xbox broke. I'll send you another invite if you want.

If I was a betting man, I'd say the chances of me putting my NHL 10 disk anywhere but on the shelf are about as good as the odds that the Leafs won last year's Stanley Cup.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
If I was a betting man, I'd say the chances of me putting my NHL 10 disk anywhere but on the shelf are about as good as the odds that the Leafs won last year's Stanley Cup.
Word. I feel that.

Nozdeuce

Sooooooo what's new everyone? New games? New jeans? New kids? I haven't really been playing much lately, been doing a shit load of reading on my new iPad.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
..........:lol:lol:lol
Safari autocorrect is to be blamed for proper iPad capitalization. I really like it so far, given my love for the app store, and since I rarely do anything remotely useful outside of school I've barely used my laptop or netbook since.

SnakeswithLasers said:
You should get Carcassonne!
Is it good? I got it free on xbla but have mostly been scared and confused, I really should learn how to play properly I guess. Any tips?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Safari autocorrect is to be blamed for proper iPad capitalization. I really like it so far, given my love for the app store, and since I rarely do anything remotely useful outside of school I've barely used my laptop or netbook since.
I wasn't laughing about your miscapitalization. I was laughing that you actually bought one.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm not actually any good at carc, but it's a fun 'play by email' game and there are a bunch of gaffers playing it actively. Fun time killer at work.
Lol ahh cool, I'll get it later then after I pickup some more iTunes cards.

Marvie_3 said:
I wasn't laughing about your miscapitalization. I was laughing that you actually bought one.
I know, definitely a to each their own. Personally I don't know how anyone could have a regular mp3 playing mp3 player. For years ive used my ipod touch for apps more than music listening. So for me iPad is right in my wheelhouse, the inane gaf surfing + email + all the apps I wish I had on my laptop and netbook.

How's deadly premonition?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I know, definitely a to each their own. Personally I don't know how anyone could have a regular mp3 playing mp3 player. For years ive used my ipod touch for apps more than music listening. So for me iPad is right in my wheelhouse, the inane gaf surfing + email + all the apps I wish I had on my laptop and netbook.

How's deadly premonition?
My Zune has been going fine for 3+ years now. I can keep it in my pocket and use my phone for anything else I need to do. Works perfect. I didn't think a hard drive based mp3 player would last this long but its been a pleasant surprise. I see the ipad as totally unnecessary and lacking direction, not to mention WAY overpriced.

Deadly Premonition is excellent. Play it.

4 more days until this thread dies.

I dunno, I'll probably end up getting an iPad next year. My laptop is getting ready to kick the bucket, so I may end up buying a desktop instead. At that point, I'll need something convenient to lug around for netflix/espn3/internet browsing.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I dunno, I'll probably end up getting an iPad next year. My laptop is getting ready to kick the bucket, so I may end up buying a desktop instead. At that point, I'll need something convenient to lug around for netflix/espn3/internet browsing.
I'd rather just buy a decent netbook and use the assload of money I saved to buy beer.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
My Zune has been going fine for 3+ years now. I can keep it in my pocket and use my phone for anything else I need to do. Works perfect. I didn't think a hard drive based mp3 player would last this long but its been a pleasant surprise. I see the ipad as totally unnecessary and lacking direction, not to mention WAY overpriced.

Deadly Premonition is excellent. Play it.

4 more days until this thread dies.
Wtb apps brah. Zune got angry birds? Fruit ninja? Reeder? Functionally I love my blackberry, has a keyboard and does everything I want it to. I would never describe it or think of it as fun. So that's where my iPod touch comes in, shit load of apps, from kindle for ebooks (which is now on bb too) to sudoku to whatever. I'd never played sudoku ever aside from a regretful puzzle in splinter cell double agent but got a free sudoku app on my touch and turned out to be one. Of my favorite things to do just before going to sleep, or waiting for a prof to start lecturing or whatever.

iPad is overpriced, but then ive already spent over a hundred dollars in apps since Wednesday so whatever, now checking rss feeds is a much better experience than on any pc.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Not a bad idea, I've only used my laptop (my primary computer) for downloading torrents and syncing my iPad since I got it. All the google stuff, email, calendars and contacts syncs super easily, reeder app makes reading rss feeds godly. It does everything fun I want it to, and I guess if I used a Bluetooth keyboard I would be able to use it for writing up documents too.

Nozdeuce

Oookay now I now why people use the neogaf second app thing, can't scroll inside of the posting window :lol Anywho

Marvie_3 said:
I'd rather just buy a decent netbook and use the assload of money I saved to buy beer.
There are no decent netbooks, at least in my mind. I have one and it's great, it's light, the keyboard is easy to use and I take it to school everyday to take my notes on. I'll still be taking it to school with me this fall. I just won't be using it around the house as much anymore, since iPad fills that niche for lightweight mobile computing and fun stuff (wheee apps, I really like apps)

I'm also totally still buying beer

Marvie_3 said:
A nice netbook is almost 400, an iPad is 500... Not that huge of a difference. That'd buy a lot of High Life, sure, but beer made me fat.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
A nice netbook is almost 400, an iPad is 500... Not that huge of a difference. That'd buy a lot of High Life, sure, but beer made me fat.
Yeah, with it's whopping 16GB of storage. I have an SD card that holds that. :lol

Here's the netbook I have: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Mi...lack/9996501.p?id=1218206183903&skuId=9996501

For roughly half the price I have:

10x the HDD space
a faster processor
bigger screen
4x the RAM

But....have fun with your....apps? I'll have fun with my extra money.

Never claimed it was perfect; just that it makes sense for what I'd use it for--sitting on the couch watching netflix or surfing the internet while Megan watches Top Chef, or taking it to work for note taking (which I currently use my iPhone for).

I don't need a dedicated keyboard or a lot storage for either of those things.

Although I was considering getting one of those M11x laptops and just having the best of both worlds with some compromise, but I wouldn't need to build a desktop.

Edit: Of course, I wouldn't be able to take it to work because it looks like a toy, so I'd have to stick with my iPhone for that aspect.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
That'd buy a lot of High Life, sure, but beer made me fat.
Damn beer! that's why started drinking vodka.

...I'm at $55 in my amazon account! I'm getting the game for free!!!

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Never claimed it was perfect; just that it makes sense for what I'd use it for--sitting on the couch watching netflix or surfing the internet while Megan watches Top Chef, or taking it to work for note taking (which I currently use my iPhone for).

I don't need a dedicated keyboard or a lot storage for either of those things.

Although I was considering getting one of those M11x laptops and just having the best of both worlds with some compromise, but I wouldn't need to build a desktop.

Edit: Of course, I wouldn't be able to take it to work because it looks like a toy, so I'd have to stick with my iPhone for that aspect.
If your thinking about a laptop for the couch area I have to suggest the as seen on tv table mate or ripoff/clone thereof. I use a 15 inch Dell on mine with enough space beside it for phones and drinks.

I got Carc and got absolutely demolished by an easy ai at the endgame scoring. I apparently have a lot more reading up to do before round 2. Any other suggestions for iPhone games? I have pretty much everything on the gaf spreadsheet, except for zenbound which seems too out there for me. As a dark horse pick I really like Bowquest: Pandamania, 99c with a free lite version. You play as a panda who guards his tower by arrowing various things in the face

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
So, we get to spend more money for an online mode?
It's free in NHL.

We should figure out some way to use it to set up a league, assuming they haven't added anything to the online league mode for NHL 11.

Top Bottom