• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

isny

napkin dispenser
November is off to a good start! =D (Going to be one hell of an expensive month!)

New Super Mario from Amazon.com $30 sale awhile back, Wind Waker from Amazon.com warehouse deals (used, like new, was $13.99), XIII $1.99 from EB, Chrono Cross and FFIX $13 from Amazon.com, and finally BTTF UK Blu Ray Collectors Edition from Amazon.co.uk!

2mo89ac.jpg

For GT5 and SSF4

super comfy set up..the seats reclines and can take a quick nap after you're done playing.

GT5 mode.

5138217399_60477fee48_b.jpg

Easily convert to SSF4 mode.

5138827148_906f36f040_b.jpg

Here's my previous crappy set up :D .....but couldn't play GT5 on it....:lol
3967730579_d21aaf73f0_z.jpg

careksims

Always getting figures >_> Boa Hancock and Saber in the middle.

IMG_1735a.jpg

IMG_1742a.jpg

and congrats to ErnieMcCracken. I do agree, nothing can beat that kind of pick-up :D

Tenkei

careksims, what kind of cabinet do you use to keep your models? IKEA Detolfs aren't doing it for me anymore. :lol

Fox the Sly

ErnieMcCracken said:
Been out of commission the last few weeks due to someone showing up 5 weeks early on 10/16! My ultimate pickup:
5117751055_a2c635a6fb_z.jpg

She and her mom are both doing great. The Dr's are very impressed with her so far.

Nice, congrats! Where did you get her and for how much?

Only pick up so far this month is my pre order of Black Ops.

Thinking about getting the Red Wii though..... we will see.

Its that or the PS3 move.

MidnightRider said:
Only pick up so far this month is my pre order of Black Ops.

Thinking about getting the Red Wii though..... we will see.

Its that or the PS3 move.

If you already have a Wii go for the Sony Move, but if you don't, go for the Wii :D

seady

MidnightRider said:
yeah i don't have a Wii

never really saw any games for it that i just HAD to play

And you think you will find something for the Move that you will HAVE to play?
Anyway, the cost to invest in the Move package with one additional game ($100 basic bundle, $40 Move game, $30 Navigating Controller) is pretty much on par with the whole Wii bundle (which will have 2 games included).

pyros

ErnieMcCracken said:
Been out of commission the last few weeks due to someone showing up 5 weeks early on 10/16! My ultimate pickup:

She and her mom are both doing great. The Dr's are very impressed with her so far.

she is beautiful, congrats, and you have 16yrs to invest in a gun or at least a big stick :D

Picked up the PC version BioShock 2 Special Edition. I would never have done this if it where not for the release of Minerva's Den on the PC, as i hear its great, see you gained one sale by doing this 2K!

Amazing edition, loving the art book and am going to listen to the LP this weekend :)

1x593.jpg

2t6j9.jpg

3cuij.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hori pad for STGs and a PS2 copy of Disgaea 2 for the collection~! Can't wait for Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label EXTRA to get in.
MStSJl.jpg

Infinity

ErnieMcCracken said:

She's beautiful! Welcome to Fatherhood and many congratulations!!!

Yes Boss!

InfiniteNine said:
Hori pad for STGs and a PS2 copy of Disgaea 2 for the collection~! Can't wait for Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label EXTRA to get in.
MStSJl.jpg
Let us know how that d-pad stacks up to some of the nintendo or saturn d-pads out there.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yes Boss! said:
Let us know how that d-pad stacks up to some of the nintendo or saturn d-pads out there.

I have 3 hori pads. The D-pad is fantastic, but the right thumbstick has awful, horrible ghosting issues :/

Massa

seady said:
And you think you will find something for the Move that you will HAVE to play?
Anyway, the cost to invest in the Move package with one additional game ($100 basic bundle, $40 Move game, $30 Navigating Controller) is pretty much on par with the whole Wii bundle (which will have 2 games included).

The $100 bundle already comes with a game and the navigation controller is totally optional. So it's $100 total for Move with a game.

Yes Boss!

DrFunk said:
I have 3 hori pads. The D-pad is fantastic, but the right thumbstick has awful, horrible ghosting issues :/
The thumbsticks would never be used in my case. Just looking for a d-pad similar to something like the GB Micro for the 2d platformers that I've got on XBLA (Metal Slug and the Vanias and things like that). Seems like the new official 360 pad with the improved d-pad is not much of an improvement :-(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes Boss! said:
It's definitely around Nintendo's level for the dpad speaking from playing Touhou with a Wiimote anyways. I've never even held a Saturn pad before so no comparison there. I've been playing DeathSmiles and Espgaluda II for the past few hours and it's just great since I can graze the bullets better without getting hit.

Oli said:
Boys in Skirts?
It's good stuff man.

Anth0ny

isny said:
November is off to a good start! =D (Going to be one hell of an expensive month!)

New Super Mario from Amazon.com $30 sale awhile back, Wind Waker from Amazon.com warehouse deals (used, like new, was $13.99), XIII $1.99 from EB, Chrono Cross and FFIX $13 from Amazon.com, and finally BTTF UK Blu Ray Collectors Edition from Amazon.co.uk!

2mo89ac.jpg

Is that BTTF set region free? Fucking beautiful stuff right there.

mjc

moop2000 said:
Wouldn't Amazon have resulted in less blood loss? Great pick-ups either way.

Actually, the prices for The Pacific and the Toy Story boxset were the same at Best Buy as they are on Amazon. I think I got The Pacific for $56 and Toy Story for $64.

bestami

electristan said:
Bioshock 2 stuff
Woah wait. Last time i checked they weren't going to release Minerva's Den on pc. I even ordered the ps3 version. Is there a new development i should know about ?

5140594907_b0f45b14a5_z.jpg

5140595361_d4245f42b3_z.jpg

I think I like the new controller. The dpad has a springy sound that I'm not too fond of however. It has a nice much more matte feel than the standard 360 controllers and the analog sticks feels interesting and like they could be better but I haven't tried them out in any shooters yet (not that I'm any good anyway).

Quake1028

D6SeX.jpg

4xHDMI cables for $10 from a w00t sale
Criterions for $13.00 each from B&N (Seven Samurai was $17.50)
Psycho UK Steelbook
Evil Dead LE Blu-ray
NBA 2K11 $40

Gouken

Banned
i went pretty insane this time around, bought 2 500GB OCZ SSDs to Raid 0. second SSD box is not showing cuz it's on it's way :)
plus a 64GB iPod Touch 4G(and a back cover), iPad cover(better than the apple one) and enelope battery charger.

i have no clue why people rave enelope batteries so i bought them cuz of the hype :lol

IMG_0253.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh shit! I forgot the Pacific was coming out. I just watched Band of Brothers for the first time in September, and it was fucking excellent. Definitely need to get The Pacific ASAP.

mjc said:
My wallet is on the floor bleeding profusely :(

e957d878.jpg

careksims

Tenkei said:
careksims, what kind of cabinet do you use to keep your models? IKEA Detolfs aren't doing it for me anymore. :lol

LOL it was a $200 cabinet from the Navy Exchange. It was a long time ago. What I do is exchange the figures every now and then like a showcase of the month type thing. I like to have a bigger one later on or several...

Ugh... I want The Pacific!!!!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
11d790fd12.jpg

new 15 inch macbook pro, finally turned to the dark side (last hold out in my house).

Rubius

I was at Walmart for some work Shoes, and saw those games I was already modly interested in...
Never owned a Genesis until really recently and only have a baseball game for it.
Lets see if it had good games...
And for "Sonic and Sega All stars racing with Banjo-Kazooie" I heard that it was Mario Kart, in HD and with a better Online. So why not.
Also, my old Ipod Touch protector broke, so here a new one.
Also. Subscribed for WoW Magasine in August last year. Stopped playing WoW in November last year.
Really good quality magazine anyway... just dont want to go back to WoW.

BumRush

ErnieMcCracken said:

Congrats man! Very exciting!

WEGGLES

Gouken said:
i went pretty insane this time around, bought 2 500GB OCZ SSDs to Raid 0. second SSD box is not showing cuz it's on it's way :)
plus a 64GB iPod Touch 4G(and a back cover), iPad cover(better than the apple one) and enelope battery charger.

i have no clue why people rave enelope batteries so i bought them cuz of the hype :lol

IMG_0253.jpg
How much for a 500GB SSD?!

Zertez

ErnieMcCracken said:

Congratulations, good to hear everything is ok with her being over a month premature.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anth0ny said:
Is that BTTF set region free? Fucking beautiful stuff right there.

Just popped it in with my region set to A, seems to play fine =) (Not sure if the special features that are in standard def would be region free, but the main movies are!)

Top Bottom