• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_toa

ihasaflavour said:
Starting the month of strong IMO:

2.JPG

That's two epic pickups right there!

My 6 year old Sharp Aquos 32's display died without warning on me so I had to replace it with something over the weekend.

I ended up getting a Toshiba Regza 40AS2.

NewTV002.jpg

The size difference between 32 and 40 is pretty impressive. I no longer need to lean forward on my sofa to play driving games like Daytona USA. The downside is that I lost a few ports I used to have on the Aquos. I no longer have a DVI/VGA port and one less D terminal input than I would have liked. Other than that, its pretty good and I didn't break the bank on it. I can also use my smartphone as a remote on it. That's kind of neat.

Its also nice to be able to exprience 1080p. My last TV only went up to 720p 1080i max.

DSCF0002.jpg

I also got 2 16gb high speed USB memory drives for 100 yen each at the same electronics store. I immediately plugged them into my classic XBOX 360. Eventually I'll get a 4gb system and plug in my recently purchased USB drives into that once I find somewhere to trade in my old system.

DSCF0001.jpg

nny

5 years? Congrats thread!

It's hard to resist these sales:

gogOct11.png

What's that? A new Yotsuba&! AND a new Layton?!? At the same time?

DSC07406.jpg

Party button!

1zlyvlc.gif

Antagon

The old and the new:

295soyt.jpg

Ignore the cabling, new house and haven't gotten around to putting cables under the floor yet.

tha_devil

sadromeo said:
Nov 2011 Pick-up - Part 1
And finally, LOTR: War In The North Collector's Edition:
IMG_0397.jpg
Could you make more photo's of this item and tell me about the quality of the quiver. I might import it and want to know. Thanks,

Dell 30" 2011 Ultrasharp monitor. The thing is a dream to edit photos and video with. All I did was set it to SRGB and it was good to go. Old, pathetic 24" Ultrasharp on the right.

oi0ia.jpg

4th pair of Onitsuka's. This time, it's the Tai Chi model. Very thin sole, but i like it as a comfortable slip on. Made me realize how weak my feet were.

rc6wm.jpg

New Seiko watch. Been wanting this for awhile but only recently have I had enough cash to not mind throwing down hefty money for it. Probably the nicest wardrobe accessory I own.

RVei6.jpg

Also got some BF3 for PC. Uncharted to arrive shortly.

SUPARSTARX

bluerei said:
4th pair of Onitsuka's. This time, it's the Tai Chi model. Very thin sole, but i like it as a comfortable slip on. Made me realize how weak my feet were.

[]http://i.imgur.com/rc6wm.jpg[/IMG]
I just got the Serrano's! I couldn't find a Tai Chi model for my foot size at the time (12.5). I hear they're pretty comfortable and the newer "toe shoes" like Vibrams are quite comparable.

SUPARSTARX said:
I just got the Serrano's! I couldn't find a Tai Chi model for my foot size at the time (12.5). I hear they're pretty comfortable and the newer "toe shoes" like Vibrams are quite comparable.

You can get away with a 12 since the toes on Onitsuka are usually a bit longer at the tip. I normally wear 12, but I usually order the 11.5 when buying Onitsuka.

dubc35 said:
Where did you get the glass stand thing that the monitors are on? I've been looking for something similar. My monitor is on some flimsy plastic drawer thing right now. :(

I got it as a set from OfficeMax that included a corner desk that is all glass. It wasn't big enough for my speakers, so I got something longer, but kept the glass riser. It's called the Sharper Image Stockton Office Collection. I bought it awhile ago, so I am not sure if they still sell it. Hopefully that will be enough information to start you on the right path.

Barrett2

Aruarian Reflection said:
Got a new laptop, the Zenbook from ASUS....
nqYcG.jpg

Goddamn that is sexy. I was debating getting one of those, but bought a new Mac instead.

That looks like such a rad device. How is it so far?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
bluerei said:
Dell 30" 2011 Ultrasharp monitor. The thing is a dream to edit photos and video with. All I did was set it to SRGB and it was good to go. Old, pathetic 24" Ultrasharp on the right.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/oi0ia.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/rc6wm.jpg[/IMG]

New Seiko watch. Been wanting this for awhile but only recently have I had enough cash to not mind throwing down hefty money for it. Probably the nicest wardrobe accessory I own.

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RVei6.jpg[/IMG]

Also got some BF3 for PC. Uncharted to arrive shortly.

Holy jesus, that monitor is beautiful. Nice pickup!

omgkitty

distantmantra said:
Wow, they've got a huge markup. Both books were crazy cheap in Japan.

Well yeah but even if you bought them from Japan and shipped them here, the shipping costs would be crazy expensive. I considered buying both of these books, but I couldn't justify the $50 for two 100 some odd page books, especially when you can easily find fan translations for them online.

bluerei said:

NIIICE, can you share the wallpaper of the 85mm??? I love it

haikira

Hey guys. Very first thread on a pick-up post. Sorry for the rubish picture.

huefjc.jpg

Was hoping to at least be the first in the UK with a copy here, but looks like one person beat me.

nny said:
What's that? A new Yotsuba&! AND a new Layton?!? At the same time?

DSC07406.jpg

Why have you bought stuff that I wanted to buy?? Do you sleep well at night knowing that you made me jealous?

Shame on you nny.
I'm truly jealous dude

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
neojubei said:
Let us know how good he is.
Dick's alright. I could take it or leave it. I'm not in love with Dick, but I don't hate him. You could say that I'm undecided about Dick.

snap0212

haikira said:
Hey guys. Very first thread on a pick-up post. Sorry for the rubish picture.

http://i42.tinypic.com/huefjc.jpg[IMG]

Was hoping to at least be the first in the UK with a copy here, but looks like one person beat me.[/QUOTE]It was really weird. Amazon Germany sent my copy on Friday even though the game isn't out til tomorrow.

zmet

Uncharted 3
nbr1.jpg

Tatsujin
nbr2.jpg

Man, I really dig the bassline in this version - too bad it disappears as soon as you hit the fire button.

dubc35

bluerei said:
I got it as a set from OfficeMax that included a corner desk that is all glass. It wasn't big enough for my speakers, so I got something longer, but kept the glass riser. It's called the Sharper Image Stockton Office Collection. I bought it awhile ago, so I am not sure if they still sell it. Hopefully that will be enough information to start you on the right path.
Cool, thanks!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
zoner said:
Dick's alright. I could take it or leave it. I'm not in love with Dick, but I don't hate him. You could say that I'm undecided about Dick.

you aint feeling no one, you love dick :d

Sylver

Banned
Sinthetic said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ylv7sl.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/1z17la9.jpg[/MG]

As much as I love Steelbooks, I much prefer having something different like this.[/QUOTE]

Me too I prefer something like this or God Of War 3/Heavy Rain/Date's Inferno/Dead Space 2 boxes than Steel Boxes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tiduz said:
you aint feeling no one, you love dick :d
Dick does feel like their answer to any 'sexist' claims one could have a bout Catwoman. Because his suit is just as tight if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom