• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinthetic

Sylver said:
Me too I prefer something like this or God Of War 3/Heavy Rain/Date's Inferno/Dead Space 2 boxes than Steel Boxes.

Definitely! I really love the Heavy Rain box with the rain drops on it.

Yes it's from October, but hey, it officially came out today:

d51637e0.jpg

Anyways, some new stuff to go with it:

3e187ccd.jpg

3213e5d0.jpg

Oxx

I'm liking the new Florence and the Machine album, but it isn't very radio-friendly at all. I hope she doesn't suffer a 2nd album bomba and just drop off the map.

Oxx said:
I'm liking the new Florence and the Machine album, but it isn't very radio-friendly at all. I hope she doesn't suffer a 2nd album bomba and just drop off the map.

Agreed. I loved 'What the Water Gave Me' as a single while thought that 'Shake It Out' was kinda meh as a single but it's hard to pinpoint what would be a good third single off the album to release.

omgkitty

vitacola said:
Hmm, Wikipedia says that there was a 2009 US-Edition of the two books, but I can't find them anywhere ...

As far as what I know, Murakami has stated that he does not ever want these books released to the US or other English speaking countries. He feels they are amateur sub-par works and is not fond of them. It really disappoints me that he thinks this way as I have read Hear the Wind Sing, and while it wasn't his best work, it was certainly interesting and worth reading if you're a Murakami fan. I checked the wikipedia page and saw those books. I searched the ISBN's but all they match are the Japanese copies with the English text. I would love it Vintage released a two book collection with these. I am sure they would sell plenty of copies.

T2QOs.jpg

Vanquish finished, short but intense :)
I've been told The Sky Crawlers is great, I'll try it soon. It cost me 5€ (same for Disaster)
dLC0r.jpg

My weekly fix of licensed manga.

MG310

DSCN0925.jpg

Arkham City CE Guide w/ prints

DSCN0926.jpg

Super cheap DC Direct Arkham Asylum figures from my local comic shop (only had the 3)

DSCN0931.jpg

Shadows of the Damned and WWE All Stars from Gamefly for 18 and 13 respectively. Arkham City and Adam Hughes "Drawing Good Girls" DVD

DSCN0933.jpg

Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition :D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
GTAIV Complete is on clearance at Target for $19.99 (versus $39.99), and they had an error in their system the other morning where 2 games would ring up as B1G1 free. Didn't want to be too greedy, as most everything in their inventory was on the last copy, and I figured I'd let someone who actually wants to keep the games take advantage of the error. That said, both of these are for re-sale; I already have the main game and the expansions on PC.

6297598883_6c41043341_z.jpg

*Finally* finalized my games with the legit Target B2G1 and a pricematch from Kmart:

6303317841_218773a6aa_z.jpg

Also bought these earlier, but am posting them now as they actually release this month:

6303335331_4d69cc73f7_z.jpg

6303335159_945e57cc7f_z.jpg

The Promise of Sleep for some BS credit that I'm apparently missing from university :-/ UGH! They've screwed me FOUR times now. So, I gotta rush through this before I *really* get my degree. Meh. Also, a iPhone AT&T car charger for $2, Applecare+ for my 4S, and some candy for the kiddies last night.

6297588891_c7f64911c1_z.jpg

I filled up my tank of gas and headed out to see my younger sister with my mom for her first "family weekend." Funny, we saw a movie, did some shopping, and saw "In Time"; but the only pic I have is from their very odd shopping mall.

6298119340_3200de6dac_z.jpg

Grabbed a Christmas gift for the GF's parents while there - a Mizzou tree ornament.

6303861764_aeecb686a1_z.jpg

And I recently finished up the shelf I built for my mom for our old TV in the basement.

6303320117_04512e3f29_z.jpg

And finally, I picked up some "fresh" salmon at the grocery store and made myself a nice dinner.

6298120016_3694f9049e_z.jpg

Oh, lol... I keep going through my phone... and tickets to the corn maze for me, my gf, and my friend and his gf.

6297615851_00c0170245_z.jpg
:p

goMaki

My 1st of November pickups:

DSC_0058.jpg

Everything but Tropico 4 is from the Sunday B1G1 deal from Target:

DSC_0052.jpg

Last but not least, I picked up the new Media Remote for XBox:

DSC_0059.jpg

tha_devil

sadromeo said:
@tha_Devil: Here you go, I hope this helps.

(BTW, the quiver is leather and the map is cloth)
Thanks man, looks great. Now have to find a good site to import it from (or ebay) for a good price.

nny

Like2Drive said:
Why have you bought stuff that I wanted to buy?? Do you sleep well at night knowing that you made me jealous?

Shame on you nny.
I'm truly jealous dude

1237168551645-1.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
KingHenrik30 said:
I fucking hate you Amazon. Why can't they just ship on release dates if they don't offer release date delivery on a game.

uncharted 3? same thing happened to me so i bought my copy at best buy

mik83kuu

Banned
justinschwimmer said:
Perfect pushups.
4iZgy.jpg

You do realize that somewhere out there a bearded sweaty man is doing push ups without using such fancy sci-fi equipment and in the end, he'll beat you up? Just sayin'...

JEKKI

maaaaaaan I went to Apple store today to pick up the new iphone...

they wouldnt sell it to me!!!! wtheck?!?!?!

they said if I didnt reserve it I had to wait outside for 2 hours o_O

Mmmhmm yes, it is that time again. Before I post the actual pickup, I have to give some props to the packaging.

Pre-paid shipping label? NO SIR
001.JPG

And not a single fuck was given.
002.JPG

Ok, here they are.

003.JPG

The Associates - From The Ground Up (Nujabes Remix) | Absolute sealed mint condition. Limited to 2000 copies.
Funky DL - Day By Day
Funky DL - Don't Even Try It
Nujabes feat. Funky DL - Peoples Don't Stray
Substantial - To This Union A Sun Was Born | This one is quite difficult to find, nice double LP
Nujabes - Blessing It/The Final View | Also in super nice mint condition
Substantial - CIM
Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Luv(sic) Pt. 1 | This is actually the one I'm most excited about. The Luv(sic) hexalogy is some of my favorite music ever.

The 7" on the left is
Nujabes - Next View/Beyond | Limited to probably around 1000 copies.

And the other one is an extra that he threw in.
Nomak feat. Pismo - Geishas In The Days

He knows his stuff because I love Nomak :)

I now have 12 releases left before I have the complete Hydeout Productions.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wormdundee said:
Ok, here they are.
The Associates - From The Ground Up (Nujabes Remix) | Absolute sealed mint condition. Limited to 2000 copies.
Funky DL - Day By Day
Substantial - To This Union A Sun Was Born | This one is quite difficult to find, nice double LP
Substantial - CIM
Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Luv(sic) Pt. 1 | This is actually the one I'm most excited about. The Luv(sic) hexalogy is some of my favorite music ever.

The 7" on the left is

Good lord, amazing pick-up. Mind sharing ballpark $ how much that cost?

I used to love buying stuff from Yahoo Japan auctions but the exchange rate is so bad I haven't done it in a couple years =/

Acrylic7

GodfatherX said:
been looking for a good deal on a GO, but havent found them at less then $120, details please

they're very rare now. only advice I can give you is Target. $70 if you find one.

styl3s

JEKKI said:
the day after halloween!!!!

7f40b4ca050611e19896123138142014_7.jpg

aka supermarket sweep!!!
raid walgreens?

I did and bought about 8 bags of candy for 50-80% off. Fucking love the day after halloween candy clearance, gets even better on the 2nd day after if all of it hasn't been raided.

overcast

Wormdundee said:
003.JPG

Funky DL - Day By Day
Substantial - CIM

The 7" on the left is

I now have 12 releases left before I have the complete Hydeout Productions.
Dude, great pick ups. Substantial is so good. I don't have to say much about Nujabes.

Flunkie

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:
GTAIV Complete is on clearance at Target for $19.99 (versus $39.99), and they had an error in their system the other morning where 2 games would ring up as B1G1 free. Didn't want to be too greedy, as most everything in their inventory was on the last copy, and I figured I'd let someone who actually wants to keep the games take advantage of the error. That said, both of these are for re-sale; I already have the main game and the expansions on PC.
Hello CoMo :)

Lily

P1020398.jpg

- Uncharted 3
- Sonic Generations
- Gran Turismo 5 (with special bonus hideous packaging)

P1020400.jpg

- Final Fantasy XII OST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom