• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I actually prefer them, I bought Howl and Earthsea, JP versions and I'm wishing I hadn't. I paid £70 for them each and they aren't much of an improvement over the work Optimum did on prior releases, picture quality wise (if AT ALL). I prefer the animation to be free of grain.
Free of grain also means free of fine detail, so uhh.. strange preferences you have there.

Also Howl and Earthsea are digitally animated so they only have a light pass of digital grain that Ghibli adds to their digital movies so, huh. Time for an eye doctor visit.

Yes Boss!

Got a new PS3. Another slim. Taking this one back to the middle east with me.

c1f6f89d.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Went to Walmart at midnight the other day for Zelda, and they told me the CEs were being held for Black Friday, so I only came home with a fattening TV dinner to make me feel better.

6367544931_8cdc739e89_z.jpg

Next morning, though, I hit up Best Buy and snagged it!

6372854385_1f206e860b_z.jpg

and grabbed KH:BBS for $10 while there:

6387785247_540af69fb4_z.jpg

... and the guide for Zelda:

6372864893_19185951ae_z.jpg

And finally, yay for Target Clearance! I snagged Cubic Ninja for me, and Contra for my best friend who is feeling ill.

6387775949_e8f955b9b6_z.jpg

And for something a little less video-game-ish, I had a nice "day date" with the girlfriend since she's back in town for the holiday. We went to the mall, got some clothes, ate at a local BBQ place for lunch, grabbed some snacks, did some reading at the bookstore, some Christmas shopping, etc, etc. A pic of her trying a top on:

6387776441_f81815e0e8_z.jpg

EDIT: Oops; forgot a couple things:

6355634455_bc81d27a4b_z.jpg

6360173433_4c617e251a.jpg

Three months for 10 users. I have three friends I play BF3 with and we wanna chat, and I have two friends I plan on playing ToR with and we'll need to talk.

6348914523_f3d7f75ec0_z.jpg

Executive 3DS case on clearance for $5. Why not?

glaurung

And for something a little less video-game-ish, I had a nice "day date" with the girlfriend since she's back in town for the holiday. We went to the mall, got some clothes, ate at a local BBQ place for lunch, grabbed some snacks, did some reading at the bookstore, some Christmas shopping, etc, etc. A pic of her trying a top on:

6387776441_f81815e0e8_z.jpg
You posted the wrong picture mate, you need to add the one where she does not have a top on.

Nice haul otherwise.

What? What's this? That isn't even a "box."
McW1al.jpg

Fuck you, fucking Amazon warehouse worker!!!! I'm glad you work in a fucking oven 10 months out of the year.
HCUJRl.jpg

The gold foil on the corners is almost all worn off in addition to the box being decently crushed; moreso than it appears in the picture. My Ocarina and Majora boxes are in better condition.

Insult to injury comes from the fact that whoever packed my $16 copy of DNF Balls of Steel did a flawless job.

This is exactly what mine looks like. Bitches. This is apparently hard to find now, right? I'm debating on hitting them up or not, may be out of stock to replace mine (ours).

Massa

This is exactly what mine looks like. Bitches. This is apparently hard to find now, right? I'm debating on hitting them up or not, may be out of stock to replace mine (ours).

Well, send the e-mail and let them deal with it. If they can't replace it you might get a gift card or something.

Sinthetic

Free of grain also means free of fine detail, so uhh.. strange preferences you have there.

Also Howl and Earthsea are digitally animated so they only have a light pass of digital grain that Ghibli adds to their digital movies so, huh. Time for an eye doctor visit.

Yeh, just because you prefer grain, doesn't mean everyone has to friend.

I'm not actually clued up on how the animation is made, I am there for the movies, you can enjoy knowing all the ins and outs of making them.

You come off very condescending, might want to talk to someone about that while I get "my eyes checked".

joelseph

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time together, congratulations on having a girlfriend!

Garryk

Why does Europe get all of the good bundles from Nintendo? Can you import one of those to the US and have it work with all the games here?

Gagaman

DSCF7821.jpg

Not pictured: new 160GB PS3 Slim because my old 60GB model died. That had a 300GB harddrive in it so swapped it into this new one (after backing everything up of course).

Also not pictured: Pixel! and Beat Hazard Ultra on PSN.

DSCF7819.jpg

Arrived earlier today. Not as spectacular as the Sonic Generations CE, but the art book has a lot of nice unique art in it and the soundtrack appears to be the entire game soundtrack (as it should be really).

BOTEC

This just walked in the door:

VN3wj.jpg

Toaplan Shooting Chronicle. A 5-disc set of Toaplan shooting game music. From Tiger Heli to Batsugun. Comes with a DVD of Fireshark and Twin Cobra superplays, and a not-so-super first loop of Truxton.

S5g1d.jpg

Disc 6 has PDF's of all the game flyers, old Gamest magazine interviews, and a 14-page interview with the composers that will appear in a future issue of Arcadia(?). But the coolest thing has to be scans of the original design docs. Stuff like this:

1Mewz.jpg

There is also stuff that looks like hand written memory maps? From 00 to F0.

This thing cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm pretty sure I broke some laws buying directly from Sweep Records, and having Tenso.com ship it over to my foreign ass. This is my Christmas present to myself.

Buttons

MbOO7.jpg

Hello there, I'm exited for Sonic Generations 3DS :D

Wow very nice. I know it was asked already but could you please post some photos of the 3DS? I preordered that bundle and it's being released in two days and am still a bit unsure whether I want the Zelda one or the white 3ds. :D

Disc 6 has PDF's of all the game flyers, old Gamest magazine interviews, and a 14-page interview with the composers that will appear in a future issue of Arcadia(?). But the coolest thing has to be scans of the original design docs. Stuff like this:

This is amazing, congratulations for this pick up!

Yes Boss!

Days of Heaven is the jewel of my blu-ray collection. Absolutely amazing film and a cinematographic masterpiece.
Oh yeah, indeed! Second best movie ever made, for me, after The Conformist.

My brother decided not to collect criterion blu-rays anymore and donated the Days disc to me. I think I'm going to grab his Close Up as well before he puts them up on eBay.

zmet

VN3wj.jpg

Toaplan Shooting Chronicle. A 5-disc set of Toaplan shooting game music. From Tiger Heli to Batsugun. Comes with a DVD of Fireshark and Twin Cobra superplays, and a not-so-super first loop of Truxton.

S5g1d.jpg

Oh man that Toaplan CD set looks good! I have my copy arriving next week - can't wait to bask in the FM synth.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

VN3wj.jpg

S5g1d.jpg

Oh man that's so awesome. I love batsugun's ost. Does it have the saturn arrange?

Hellish

Got the replacement

(if you would like to see an unboxing even though you see no more then what is in the picture you can click it to watch)

Congratz on the Toaplan Shooting chronicle CD set and nice to see you also have the pre order superplay DVD .

Are these for your cabinets?

One LS 56-01 for my HRAP to replace the Sanwa JLF
One LS-55-01 for my Madcatz to replace the Sanwa JLF
2 LS-56 to replace the LS 32 on my Cabs , shorter throw and more tight springs .

BOTEC

Oh man that's so awesome. I love batsugun's ost. Does it have the saturn arrange?

Nope, these are direct captures from the actual arcade boards.

Here's a tracklist if anyone's interested.

Currently watching the DVD. Man, I wish these guys would use better capture equipment. The low res video and odd refresh rate make it hard to see some low contrast bullets.

warpaint

VN3wj.jpg

S5g1d.jpg

1Mewz.jpg

This thing cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm pretty sure I broke some laws buying directly from Sweep Records, and having Tenso.com ship it over to my foreign ass. This is my Christmas present to myself.

very sweet

Yes Boss!

Yeah, that Toaplan shit is sweet!

Caught up on all my PSN purchases, sixteen games total, but Daytona USA is the one I was most looking forward to. Looks crazy on a big TV!

8edcad75.jpg

JEKKI

iZqZp.jpg

Got a better deal by abusing 3 promotions at Target rather than waiting for the Black Friday Deal.
whooo~!!! thanks for posting this! I saw it yesterday and now didnt have to wait for black friday anymore!!!

b31af9f4162711e19896123138142014_7.jpg

and I got it for $5 cheaper!! bomba!!!

best pickup since I got the new iphone!!

isny

napkin dispenser
The only one I saw was the Walmart bundle and that was a regular black 3DS.

From CAG.

3DS Zelda Edition: Ocarina of Time 3D $179.99 at Best Buy - Friday 12:01AM
3DS Zelda Edition with Ocarina of Time 3D $199.99 at GameStop

I geeked out on Sonic this month. Made three eBay purchases: Sonic Chronicles (which is... okay. I actually like the way the dialogue is written), this retro Sonic shirt...

IMG_9280.jpg

...and the collector's edition of Sonic Generations, for which I paid an ungodly sum of money. I felt so celebratory about Sonic's 20th anniversary, I took a photo of as much of my Sonic stuff as I could still find. Because I have no better way to spend a sunny Thursday afternoon.

IMG_9279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom