• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

6384009077_aec7b22107_b.jpg

KOF13!!!!!

iZqZp.jpg

Got a better deal by abusing 3 promotions at Target rather than waiting for the Black Friday Deal.

pVZvll.jpg

Belmont is dlc... damn you konami... Along with mario 3d, the 3 most important games of November.

vitacola

Needed a new PC, because the display of my laptop died. So I bought some parts. Not many, but enough to make me broke :( I'm poor now.
Although I didn't even buy an HDD
VUorF.jpg

• AMD Phenom II X4 960T (maybe I'm able to unlock the two extra cores)
  • PowerColor ATI HD 4870 (got it for free so it was a no-brainer. Sounds like an A380 sometimes, but it is equal to the performance of 80-90€ graphic cards and yeah, for free :D)
  • TeamGroup Elite 8GB 1333MHz RAM
  • Gigabyte MB
  • bequiet! 450W PSU (normally only for system builder)

Also needed a new DVD burner and a new keyboard. And because I can't afford Super Marion 3D Land some other nice games now, I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for 5€. I hope it finally runs ;)
jrfYv.jpg

Well and some Indie-dev love as well ...
LCONp.jpg

4gQS0.jpg

WJRa9.jpg

iZqZp.jpg

Got a better deal by abusing 3 promotions at Target rather than waiting for the Black Friday Deal.

pVZvll.jpg

Belmont is dlc... damn you konami... Along with mario 3d, the 3 most important games of November.

I saw Okamiden on the clearance rack at my local Target as well...tempted to pick it up.

I did snag Tron Evolution out of it there for around $8, so that's pretty cool.

isny

napkin dispenser
Food pickups from my trip to Japan. (Click for bigger pics)

Strawberry and Pumpkin Cheesecake KitKats, some sort of Dark Chocolate KitKat, Meiji bars (under 100 Yen each!), other Meiji stuff, MeltyKisses!, Pokemon Meiji Candy, Fanta Chewy Candy, Milky Fruity Candy, and Hi Chew! (Just found out Hi Chew is now being sold and marketed in the U.S....nice...)

Clearance games: Sin and Punishment for $5.99 and SMT for $9.99

Pin from Disneyland Paris from my recent trip =D

What? What's this? That isn't even a "box."
McW1al.jpg

Fuck you, fucking Amazon warehouse worker!!!! I'm glad you work in a fucking oven 10 months out of the year.
HCUJRl.jpg

The gold foil on the corners is almost all worn off in addition to the box being decently crushed; moreso than it appears in the picture. My Ocarina and Majora boxes are in better condition.

Insult to injury comes from the fact that whoever packed my $16 copy of DNF Balls of Steel did a flawless job.

Amazon always messes up my cardboard cases. So annoying

They've had a really great track record in my experience. I've had a few get poorly packed out of the 1000+ shipments I've received from Amazon, but obviously this is the one that stings the most. On the plus side, Amazon is refunding me $12 which is pretty awesome. They apparently also have a packing feedback area on the site, so hopefully I can upload a picture showing that the cardboard burrito is not an appropriate shipping method!!!

kiun

They've had a really great track record in my experience. I've had a few get poorly packed out of the 1000+ shipments I've received from Amazon, but obviously this is the one that stings the most. On the plus side, Amazon is refunding me $12 which is pretty awesome. They apparently also have a packing feedback area on the site, so hopefully I can upload a picture showing that the cardboard burrito is not an appropriate shipping method!!!

Its happening quite often now for me recently. Most of my cardboard CE games were shipped in a padded envelope or that cardboard burrito. Not looking forward to receiving my Zelda CE tomorrow.

Saroyan

Fuck you, fucking Amazon warehouse worker!!!! I'm glad you work in a fucking oven 10 months out of the year.

The gold foil on the corners is almost all worn off in addition to the box being decently crushed; moreso than it appears in the picture. My Ocarina and Majora boxes are in better condition.

Insult to injury comes from the fact that whoever packed my $16 copy of DNF Balls of Steel did a flawless job.

My Zelda box was messed up too, not as bad as yours, but enough to annoy me. Funny thing is I got the Trails in the Sky limited edition last month in a bubble mailer and it was perfect. I don't know if Amazon or USPS are to blame.

Sinthetic

McW1al.jpg

HCUJRl.jpg

Fucking hell, I received a blu ray the other day and the case was scuffed, I went absolutely berserk. I can't have my stuff messed up. :( Feel bad for you.

omgkitty

Very expensive past two weeks.

The Phantom Carriage, Paris Texas, Rushmore, 12 Angry Men, Three Colors, The Rules of the Game, Repulsion, The 400 Blows
6386310091_6d39296071_z.jpg

North By Northwest, Doctor Who Season 6, Super 8, Looney Tunes Platinum, Beginners
6386310749_3184fa4928_z.jpg

New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies, Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division - Closer, New Order - Substance (the two Joy Division albums were imports, and I didn't realize until after I opened them that there is no stupid sticker across the top! Damn the US needs to get with that. Hate that shit)
6386311717_82b9c317f7_z.jpg

Picked up an Ikea tv stand off of craigslist for $100. It's a lot bigger than my old one and I love it.
6386312555_7cd9f517fc_z.jpg

Zertez

McW1al.jpg

HCUJRl.jpg

This happens to me every once and awhile with Amazon. UPS is always the shipping company that screws up the packaging and order. Amazon has always sent out a new one in better packaging. They sent out a replacement on overnight shipping, so I did not have to wait long for a new one. Normally it is when they ship a game or dvd out in a bubble envelope when things get mangled. It is like UPS goes out of their way to stack every heavy box possible on top of small envelopes.

omgkitty

Ahhh the Magicker. Yours is sooo neat. Mine is overrun with consoles.

Ikea Magiker! Finally know what it's called haha. The lady I bought it from didn't know the name and Ikea doesn't sell this line any more. Mine is only neat because I just put everything in it last weekend. The only thing I wish is that it was a dark brown color instead of the light wood.

This happens to me every once and awhile with Amazon. UPS is always the shipping company that screws up the packaging and order. Amazon has always sent out a new one in better packaging. They sent out a replacement on overnight shipping, so I did not have to wait long for a new one. Normally it is when they ship a game or dvd out in a bubble envelope when things get mangled. It is like UPS goes out of their way to stack every heavy box possible on top of small envelopes.

Knowing a guy who worked for UPS you are not far from the truth. Basically they back trucks in on a incline and let gravity do the work to unload, according to him.

McW1al.jpg

HCUJRl.jpg

That blows.

Contact Amazon customer service. They're ballin.

zychi

Banned
McW1al.jpg

HCUJRl.jpg

That's exactly what happened to mine! I tried to get a replacement but Amazon "doesn't have any left."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom