• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some TimTam's at Target.

g6TpZl.jpg
Somebody ought to teach you how to eat a "Tim Tam Slam". Google it.

DSFan1970

I geeked out on Sonic this month. Made three eBay purchases: Sonic Chronicles (which is... okay. I actually like the way the dialogue is written), this retro Sonic shirt...

...and the collector's edition of Sonic Generations, for which I paid an ungodly sum of money. I felt so celebratory about Sonic's 20th anniversary, I took a photo of as much of my Sonic stuff as I could still find. Because I have no better way to spend a sunny Thursday afternoon.

IMG_9279.jpg

Good golly Miss Molly.

...and the collector's edition of Sonic Generations, for which I paid an ungodly sum of money. I felt so celebratory about Sonic's 20th anniversary, I took a photo of as much of my Sonic stuff as I could still find. Because I have no better way to spend a sunny Thursday afternoon.

IMG_9279.jpg

Great collection!

isny

napkin dispenser

That's pretty epic. I feel similarly though about Sonic. The anniversary is a big deal for me. (So much so, that when I won the Sonic 20th Anniversary Towel from a UFO game in Japan, I literally geeked out)

I even brought home Sonic 20th Anniversary Wet Naps from Sega Joyopolis to give to friends =D

You're missing the Sonic DS Collection though. Portable Genesis Sonic = win

omgkitty

What? What's this? That isn't even a "box."
McW1al.jpg

Fuck you, fucking Amazon warehouse worker!!!! I'm glad you work in a fucking oven 10 months out of the year.
HCUJRl.jpg

The gold foil on the corners is almost all worn off in addition to the box being decently crushed; moreso than it appears in the picture. My Ocarina and Majora boxes are in better condition.

Insult to injury comes from the fact that whoever packed my $16 copy of DNF Balls of Steel did a flawless job.

6392343701_9f562bfcd2_z.jpg

Well would you fucking look at that! I was hoping and praying all day that this wouldn't happen, and when I saw what it was shipped in, I already knew. Almost wish I had gotten your package because mine was worse. I sent Amazon an email and they offered to refund me $21 so I took it. Still pissed off, but with getting money back plus getting a $10 credit from buying it makes me a little happier.

Majine

Banned
It makes me wonder why you buy that stuff on mailorder if you almost kinda expect shit like that to happen. I'm guessing it's a little cheaper, but man, what an inconvenience.

omgkitty

It makes me wonder why you buy that stuff on mailorder if you almost kinda expect shit like that to happen. I'm guessing it's a little cheaper, but man, what an inconvenience.

It's Amazon, and honestly shit like this almost never happens. I order stuff from them several times a week. This was an item I really wanted and knew I could get without having to wander into some place like Gamestop, plus most of these items are never offered somewhere like Target or Walmart.

Game reproductions are the greatest things. I've only had a copy of NES Final Fantasy II made up, but some day I'd like to get hard copies of all the Square games we missed out on.

Well would you fucking look at that! I was hoping and praying all day that this wouldn't happen, and when I saw what it was shipped in, I already knew. Almost wish I had gotten your package because mine was worse. I sent Amazon an email and they offered to refund me $21 so I took it. Still pissed off, but with getting money back plus getting a $10 credit from buying it makes me a little happier.

That happened to my Mario anniversary box last year. Who do you talk to in order to complain about it?

omgkitty

That happened to my Mario anniversary box last year. Who do you talk to in order to complain about it?

If you go to the help page and then click the Contact Us button, you can submit a complaint about an order there. They emailed me back in about an hour after I sent my complaint in.

You're missing the Sonic DS Collection though. Portable Genesis Sonic = win
AUGH. It's so tempting, especially since I can only play the Genesis on one old TV these days (damned Sega not going with regular AV cables!). Maybe next year, after my wallet has recovered. As it is, I'm trying to stave off the temptation to buy the 20th anniversary 6-figure set of the classic characters.

I had those two toys (Sonic and Knuckles on the collectors box), they were from McDonald's/Burger King right?
Yep, those two plus Robotnik came from McDonald's, though I missed the initial promotion. My mom did some serious searching to nab them for me.

6392861323_2de9728531_z.jpg

I busted out the hardware for this shit, but only the game + soundtrack are new.

Humorously, SNK’s own Exar Neo Geo Stick 2 USB for PS3 does not work with the game.

styl3s

It's post like this that make me glad i don't care for outer cardboard boxes for my games/movies.

It's a shitty thing when it happens to you if you actually care about it but atleast you got a total of $31 so not all is lost.

MG310

Did those Zelda LE's ship from Kentucky by any chance? I swear the employees in that warehouse do a Randy Savage flying elbow drop on every package before it leaves.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's Amazon, and honestly shit like this almost never happens. I order stuff from them several times a week.
Lucky.

I get pretty much everything from them in a goddamn bubble mailer now. The worst offender was when they sent me Seven Samurai BD (it's the worst offender because it was expensive, can't they spare a cardboard box for a ~$40 movie?!) in a bubble mailer, it got kinda damaged so I asked for a replacement while stating that the bubble mailer was poor protection for a movie with nonstandard cardboard packaging, and they send me a replacement that arrives in another fucking bubble mailer that arrived in worse condition than my first one.

It's awful and I'm really considering cutting back my purchases from Amazon because of it.

FaithRaven

Neo Member
It's post like this that make me glad i don't care for outer cardboard boxes for my games/movies.

It's a shitty thing when it happens to you if you actually care about it but atleast you got a total of $31 so not all is lost.

You guys just made me feel like shit for throwing in the garbage bin the box that arrived in perfect condition from ShopTo.

Yes Boss!

Yes Boss, how do you find the time to play and watch the tons of games and movies you buy? Or do you just like to collect?
Definitely collect. I probably play play 40% of what I buy, beat 25%, and 100% complete 10%. But When I play a game, I totally play...like, I logged 33 hours of gameplay on Bit Trip Runner for 3DS.

Gagaman

IMG_9279.jpg

Sweet collection mate. I would do the same again but it would probably take me all day to get half of it out of my loft! :S

01DragonFly

yeah mine was also bent a little in one of the corners , that day was raining and the packing box was a little wet, lucky it was just the outside box.

<.< i would have been pissed too ,it if look it like yours, damn you amazon

Rich!

To be completely honest, the USA Skyward Sword boxes look like flimsy shit anyway.

My UK Skyward Sword LE isn't shiny, but at least it's sturdy as fuck, using much thicker cardboard.

Sinthetic

To be completely honest, the USA Skyward Sword boxes look like flimsy shit anyway.

My UK Skyward Sword LE isn't shiny, but at least it's sturdy as fuck, using much thicker cardboard.

I'm not sure what I'd rather, an ugly UK box with that horrible USK logo on it (but in perfect condition), or a lovely shiny US box without the ugly USK logo on it (but in battered condition).

omgkitty

Did those Zelda LE's ship from Kentucky by any chance? I swear the employees in that warehouse do a Randy Savage flying elbow drop on every package before it leaves.

No these shipped from PA. Kind of wish they had come from Lexington seeing as I am in Nashville, and I always get next day shipping from there and they always seem to do a good job. Basically makes me think that this is all UPS's fault. They just don't know how to stack shit correctly without crushing things.

Lucky.

I get pretty much everything from them in a goddamn bubble mailer now. The worst offender was when they sent me Seven Samurai BD (it's the worst offender because it was expensive, can't they spare a cardboard box for a ~$40 movie?!) in a bubble mailer, it got kinda damaged so I asked for a replacement while stating that the bubble mailer was poor protection for a movie with nonstandard cardboard packaging, and they send me a replacement that arrives in another fucking bubble mailer that arrived in worse condition than my first one.

It's awful and I'm really considering cutting back my purchases from Amazon because of it.

That really fucking sucks. Send it back again, demand a refund and a gift card of some sort for making you go through the trouble and then order it from Criterions site. I ordered mine from there and they sent it in a nice cardboard box just like they should when you pay $30 to $40 for ANYTHING.

999 and KOF 13. Class.

Thank you. I've been wanting my own copy of 999 for quite a while, but the game never even appeared in this country (well, at least my city, but it's extremely unlikely I could've found it somewhere else anyways) and when i had the chance when I went to the US some months ago, I had already ran out of money I could spend :|

MEATER

A 5-disc set of Toaplan shooting game music.

This thing cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm pretty sure I broke some laws buying directly from Sweep Records, and having Tenso.com ship it over to my foreign ass. This is my Christmas present to myself.

Most awesome pickup ever! Worth the arm and the leg! Enjoy it!

Rich!

I'm not sure what I'd rather, an ugly UK box with that horrible USK logo on it (but in perfect condition), or a lovely shiny US box without the ugly USK logo on it (but in battered condition).

heh

what USK logo? There's none on my box.

We don't get USK ratings in the UK. Just a small PEGI rating, which is the same size as your ERSB ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom