• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - MarkMan Returns!

nny said:
I've been debating getting this as well, looks good, but the Star Wars Legos are a bit overpriced...knowing me, I'll probably end up getting it. )
I'd hurry up because it seems to be getting harder to find

sikkinixx said:
Awesome :D I bought it a while ago too. Fun to build and the way you can crank the wings open and closed kicks ass.
I know, I spent the day just opening and closing the wings and flying it while pew pewing at my cat. Very man childish.

Arucardo

cjelly said:
I went from 26" to 50".

After about 2 weeks you'll wish you'd have gone bigger. I know I do. :Constantly looking at 60"ers. :lol
Indeed, it's crazy how fast you get used to a bigger tv :lol .

JEKKI

I made me kinda of a big purchase recently =P

awown7.jpg

24pcfw0.jpg

my first car! no more hand me downs from the parents! lol

oblo

8a4_grotegedoe.jpg

So happy that I got one of those (very limited, definately not available in stores here in Belgium), signed and everything, well actually I got two, but one's for a friend. Was first released as a free download, been listening to it since that day, absolutely love it. :D

Holy shit the camera on the iPod touch is awful.
IMG_01261.jpg

PC combo thing was $5 and I picked up a second copy of MW2 for $35 and made another gamertag so that two out of the three people in my house can play at the same time.

Snowballo

richisawesome said:
Oh yes.

tS4Ib.jpg

The plastic feels...different to my original SNES controller, and the shoulder buttons are...less 'clicky'. But yeah, it's great.

edit - just had a quick bash at DKC2 with it...and holy shit, this controller is so fucking reponsive compared to my old one. fuuu :D

Can I use it in NBA Jam?

Sew

This might not look very exciting, but C64/MSSIAH fans will know it. Some guy listed a 'Commodore Mouse' on ebay with no other details. I figured there was a .1% chance it was a 1351 (a sought after and hard to find model). I took a punt and scored it for $6. It turned up today and yep, a fully functional 1351. zomg :D :D

GaVne.jpg
Z6rmP.jpg

AkIRA_22

Got this sweet Samurai statue from Japan City in Sydney (They are having a closing down sale people, 40% OFF!)

a11dbd2c.jpg

And my PS3 was getting loud so I got a new Slim 160GB $AU451 with Mafia 2, can't complain. Yes Americans that means my PS3 cost $US450! go fuck yourself if you complain about expensive Consoles.

49af7d35.jpg

Next to his Big Bro

962ee25c.jpg

richisawesome said:
Oh yes.

tS4Ib.jpg

Won0t.jpg

The plastic feels...different to my original SNES controller, and the shoulder buttons are...less 'clicky'. But yeah, it's great.

edit - just had a quick bash at DKC2 with it...and holy shit, this controller is so fucking reponsive compared to my old one. fuuu :D

Wait, is the bottom photo just the back of the box, or the US version?

I'm still waiting for a US version for the purple concave buttons. Doesn't feel genuine to me without them.
If not there ARE adaptors that exist...

Zing

Banned
AkIRA_22 said:
And my PS3 was getting loud so I got a new Slim 160GB $AU451 with Mafia 2, can't complain. Yes Americans that means my PS3 cost $US450! go fuck yourself if you complain about expensive Consoles.

Anyone who drops $450 because his console was "getting loud" clearly is not hurting for money.

jergrah

bjr.jpg

Always wanted to learn piano.....so finally started taking lessons. Am renting this Samick, but if I enjoy it, will transfer my rent over towards purchasing it after 1 year (Approx. $4K). Also.....latest TPs of Locke and Key, Walking Dead and on the gaming side -- Reach, Mafia II ($25 on Glyde.com) and 2K11.

hank_tree

Flek said:
yeha but lets just hope he has a url or something where i can order them <3

Nah I live in Ireland so didn't get to Comic-Con (although I would have loved too).

I got them from the OniPress store on eBay. I just checked and they don't have any left. You can find the websites for the individual artists here. Last time I checked the only ones not sold out were the Kid Chameleon and Crash and the Boys posters.

Ryan_

jergrah said:
bjr.jpg

Always wanted to learn piano.....so finally started taking lessons. Am renting this Samick, but if I enjoy it, will transfer my rent over towards purchasing it after 1 year (Approx. $4K). Also.....latest TPs of Locke and Key, Walking Dead and on the gaming side -- Reach, Mafia II ($25 on Glyde.com) and 2K11.

I started with piano to this year. It's not that easy but I enjoy it immensely.
I hope I can play something Coldplay or some final fantasy soon.

robot

Some NY Comic Con pickups. Some great deals! Using Vignette w/ random filters on my Droid, another pickup this month.

In order:
- Casshern! So awesome.
- Canti Vinyl - been looking for this for awhile.
- Gatchaman! They had Joe too but I had to pass. Maybe ebay.
- Chrono Trigger Figures - set of 4. Were supposed to be $44 but the lady misread it as $14.
- Bass figure - boxes are random...glad I didn't get Roll!
- Samurai Champloo Art Book - only $20!

edit: thumbnails are much easier

tturunen

Neo Member
actually this pickup was from last month:
new shelf, and old tv (37") with superior stand.
oldtv_newshelf.jpg

shelfs are basic (cheap) billy from ikea.

and shelf with my stuff
newshelf.jpg

but this is really from this month:
new tv (samsung 50" series5) and new tv stand.
newtv.jpg

+new mario plushie, gift from my gf :)

tturunen said:
actually this pickup was from last month:
new shelf, and old tv (37") with superior stand.
http://tturunen.net/images/oldtv_newshelf.jpg[IMG]
shelfs are basic (cheap) billy from ikea.

and shelf with my stuff
[IMG]http://tturunen.net/images/newshelf.jpg[IMG]

but this is really from this month:
new tv (samsung 50" series5) and new tv stand.
[IMG]http://tturunen.net/images/newtv.jpg[IMG]
+new mario plushie, gift from my gf :)[/QUOTE]

Nice! Can't wait to move to my own place to spread all my stuff out on one wall like that. Nice TV too, but I hate Samsung :(

CiSTM

Banned
Sew said:
This might not look very exciting, but C64/MSSIAH fans will know it. Some guy listed a 'Commodore Mouse' on ebay with no other details. I figured there was a .1% chance it was a 1351 (a sought after and hard to find model). I took a punt and scored it for $6. It turned up today and yep, a fully functional 1351. zomg :D :D

GaVne.jpg
Z6rmP.jpg

I love the clicking noise of 1351. Good haul.

drkOne said:
How?
I thought Gamestop US wouldn't ship to Europe. Any other store selling it? Or eBay?
They did the last time I checked (about 4-5 months ago), but the postage costs are incredibly high and you need to fax them proof of identity or something.

Sew said:
Is there something special about the 1351 mouse? The old C64 I bought at a car boot a few years ago came with one of those, it's just been tossed up in the attic.

Top Bottom