• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

FuNtW.jpg

$24.50, cracked case, but I don't care because thanks to the new patch I can finally play this game.

suikodan

I've been buying lots of stuff since the end of September and it's the first time that I gather them all together and think about how much I spent for them all.

I come clean GAF.

F37187EF-8920-48C8-A954-7240FA2B7211-640-000000F1688486D0.jpg

Dishonored: That game was really under the radar for me but I had some credits left at EBGames so I paid 35$ in total for it.
Borderlands 2: Traded two 3DS games for it. Still waiting for some friends to grab it as well to start playing.

AE0FD2BD-3824-47BF-B07C-708194283F31-640-000000F1D610E5D1.jpg

Code of Princess: Never heard of this game until the GAF thread talking about tits. Traded a lot of old PS360 games for it.
DoA5: Being a DOA fan since day one, I almost forgot the series since DOA4 which was a trainwreck IMO. Kasumi being my favorite, I failed once again to resist her appeal (read: tits). Paid 40$ for this one.
DOA:Dimensions: At first, I wanted only this game to satisfy my Kasumi craving but this game is rare nowadays (why?) so DOA5 found me before this game came over the email from a eBay seller.

283A84D8-EC8C-4BE4-9A17-94D2F1AD0E02-640-000000F2048A3A41.jpg

Pokemon Games: I got these 3 games for 65$. The French versions are for my wife and niece. Being at the hospital, my wife started playing to avoid boredom but I promised my niece that I would wait to be with her to start my game. :)

7AB5C1A4-D740-4913-A0DB-C5F419429A61-640-000000F226A6340A.jpg

Resident Evil 6: Traded two games for this one. I enjoy it despite its flaws.
LBP PSVita: Found the game when it broke its street date and had a 20$ rebate on it.
Lollipop Chainsaw: Asked a PM of its 20$ price from FutureShop so got it for less.

Ahhh less weight on my shoulders now.
Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Picked up Code of Princess earlier this week. Still no 3DS. I have sent out about 20 emails to sellers on Craig's and get nothing but a run around every time.

Oh well. The packaging sure looks nice. :/

codeop.jpg

aznpxdd

Bought a 3DS XL since I'm starting to travel much more, and needed a portable system for the go. Didn't really consider Vita since...yeah...

is2hYrHZEKDfc.jpg

iblbSho3GEJG5.jpg

ibm6p4H4T3xnSf.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Whelp, just got back from Japan with the missus. Here's the vast majority of my haul minus a few knick-knacks.

DOA5 Collector's Edition and Toki To Towa Limited Edition w/promo phone card for PS3

japanpicsgames_zps69e0c27e.jpg

Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary monster encyclopedia and Xenoblade art book

japanpicsdragonquestxenobladebooks_zps29a15846.jpg

Persona 3 & 4 art books

japanpicspersonabooks_zps4575ddab.jpg

Dark Souls art book

japanpicsdarksoulsbook_zps7cde3a35.jpg

Persona Live in Mayonaka w/bonus CD, Hells and Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Down Below blu-rays

japanpicsblurays_zps028ace9b.jpg

Devil Summoner and Yokai manga

japanpicsmanga_zps6ff8be36.jpg

Soul Hackers OST, Secret of Mana Arrange, Black Mages II, Princess Ghibli II, Ghibli short-film OST CDs

japanpicscds_zpsd6ae01a0.jpg

Master Series Gundam model

japanpicsgundam_zpse45c7b22.jpg

Box-set of chibi Persona 4 figurines

japanpicspersonafigurines_zpsf7cb34c0.jpg

Hellsing shirt front

japanpicshellsingshirtfront_zpsb30b6bda.jpg

Hellsing shirt back

japanpicshellsingshirtback_zpsed17dc42.jpg

Awesome Fire & Rescue shirt front

japanpicsfirefightershirtfront_zps4cbe27f5.jpg

Awesome Fire & Rescue shirt back

japanpicsfirefightershirtback_zps66ecd1cc.jpg

Various Famitsu and manga magazines

japanpicsfamitsu_zps06707354.jpg

Chocolates

japanpicschocolates_zps41911d13.jpg

Bento shaped candy

japanpicscandy_zpsacac7df7.jpg

Sketching pens

japanpicspens_zpsb094fac3.jpg

And the main purchase that I set out to buy in Japan... the Seiko Alpinist SARB017

Japanpicsseiko_zpsa450a6ea.jpg

And a few things I bought for my wife whilst we visited the Ghibli Museum:

Cat Bus and Kodama plushies

japanpicsghibliplushies_zps6e95f7d7.jpg

A beautiful silver Tototro ring

japanpicstotororing_zps021c555b.jpg

All in all a pretty good haul me thinks.

Jomjom

Banned
Yay finally jumped in to the current handheld generation. I thought I was going to get a 3DS first, but this was a decent price so I got a PSV! Time to play some Gravity Rush.

Oh yeah this was at Sam's Club by the way. You can check the webpage and see if any stores in your area have it at the clearanced price and try your luck!

W5Xf1l.jpg

20ds4l.jpg

Only bad thing about this is that now I won't feel right buying a 3DS XL until it's around $60.

seeds19

Banned
descargawcw.jpg

Metal gear solid risk from vgp and dishonored.

not pictured:

DOSH Aero wallet.
Borderlands 1 and 2, catherine and saints row the third.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
34jhssx.jpg

Mobo: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
CPU: i7 3820 (OC @ 5.0)
GPU: 2x 690 GTX
Cooler: H100
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair 1200
Media/Games: 2X 1TB Samsung 7200rpm (RAID 0)
Drive: Plextor Bluray
Case: HAF X
Jesus fuck my friend, are you trying to run the actual Matrix on that thing?

edit: missed the 32GB RAM
KuGsj.gif
Is this rig just intended to make a mockery of non-Forerunner-technology PCs?

I expect you to have twelve copies of photoshop, 10 folding@home strings, Crysis, Guild Wars 2 and a blu-ray playing at the same time or I will be very disappointed.

dubc35

(terrible camera phone pic)

I haven't played a SO game before so I thought I would start with an old school one.

rrVMV.jpg

My biggest pickup to date. Luckily, most of this was on sale or at a really good price.

Let's get going:

4aphH.jpg

This super comfy chair is a piece of heaven. Nothing spectacular in design or price (~$200) but it's A M A Z I N G. Aaaaaaaaand, it even does this:

587TX.jpg

...my gaming future, my back and butt are thankful. \o/

e22rS.jpg

time to get back into programming. I plan to teach myself Java & OOP. I have this + Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java 4th Ed. Should be good and fun to learn.

f5QvK.jpg

This is actually inspired by Tim Schafer and his epic cool workbooks were he writes all his stuff (from story ideas, to scenarios, everything). Backers of DFA know what I'm talking about. I got these pretty cheap and they're wonderful.

Now onto GAMEZ:

3iKo4.png
lUect.png
8Bnus.png

This is Steam stuff. Crysis 2 was on Sale, Home was cheap and pretty cool and Dishonred was purchased without hesitation with 25% off at GMG. I'll start it tomorrow.

XBLA:

ZMUJT.png

Bought Dust. 1200 MSP well spent and I'm only ~2hrs into game. Beautiful game. And I especially like the fact that it's made almost entirely by one (self taught) programmer/designer. *bow*

and last but certainly not the least, retail stuff:

sbynB.jpg

- I've been eyeballing The Godfather Restoration Collection for a while now. Grabbed it off Zavvi for 14.95GBP.

- The Avengers for $19.99 off Amazon.com (suck it "Avengers Assemble" and Amazon.co.uk)

- Tales of Graces f Day One "limited" (yea right) Edition - Looks great. Have yet to play it.

- Journey PS3 - my first import! \o/

- Bayonetta - Got hooked after playing the demo. Gorgeous game.

- El Shaddai - now this is weird. I ordered this back on Jun 30th but it only arrived a week and a half ago. Case all mashed and semi-broken. I guess it was "forgotten" in the post or something.

That's it folks. Hope you enjoyed it. This is pretty much my last pickup of this magnitude. From now on I continue to go slow. ;)

edit:

oh and this arrived:

PIofY.jpg

L O V E I T! Orderd it from http://www.walls360.com/, 36"x18"

grumpy

cZQKG.jpg

Pokemon Black V2 + Pre order bonuses (poster, stickers, 3/DS case, keychain, cartridge case)

ClgqV.jpg

Pokemon Dream Radar

dubc35

Bought Star Ocean (above) and Tits at the same time but finally got Tits today. I'm thinking of starting with it since it has such high praise.

cGXky.jpg

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
Picked up the astro recently, fixed up the monitor and put a 1-slot MVS board in.

Also snagged a copy of one of my favorite MVS games, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGUE BOWLING!

IMG_20121012_203315.jpg

Also got some Code of Princess today!

sikkinixx

Picked up the astro recently, fixed up the monitor and put a 1-slot MVS board in.

Also snagged a copy of one of my favorite MVS games, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGUE BOWLING!

IMG_20121012_203315.jpg

Forget those awesome cabs, I dig your Mighty Mugg Collection! I wish I could have mine all out together but the fiancé gives me grief so most are stored away...

IMG_20121012_203315.jpg

Welcome to the club. I have two Astro's myself. Much easier to take care of than the Blast city cabs.

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
^Fug that. My fiance buys them for me :)

I really want to trade one of them away so I can have 2 of the same cabs. Either 2 Blasts or 2 Astros.

I finally ended up getting a acceptable (almost new) standard zoom. I bought one and had to return it because it didn't look new at all.

So here's my new baby. Canon 24-70mm 2.8L
vBA46.jpg

And a Pixel Vertax battery grip. It's relatively inexpensive battery grip. Its surprisingly solid

AnlBq.jpg

spirity

Bought Star Ocean (above) and Tits at the same time but finally got Tits today. I'm thinking of starting with it since it has such high praise.

cGXky.jpg

I will never get used to that acronym, and feel I'm the only one on these boards that laughs everytime they see it. The way you've used it doesn't help my sore sides.

Top Bottom