• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

Oh wow, you guys actually know about that? (I'm Belgian.)

Yeah, it is pretty insane stuff. When I go to Belgium I bring some back. It is awesome in homemade vanilla ice cream.

I'll try the TJs version next week when I'm in California. It is probably just a rebrand.

Yeah, it is pretty insane stuff. When I go to Belgium I bring some back. It is awesome in homemade vanilla ice cream.

I'll try the TJs version next week when I'm in California. It is probably just a rebrand.

I've tried it, but haven't really bought a jar myself tbh. You can buy a vanilla ice cream variety here with added speculaas paste as well in stores btw. (You know, Ben&Jerry's style)

I prefer just plain and simple speculaas (the traditional cinnamon cookies this paste is based of, which are unfortunately also rather hard to find outside of Belgium and The Netherlands.)

Yes Boss!

I've tried it, but haven't really bought a jar myself tbh. You can buy a vanilla ice cream variety here with added speculaas paste as well in stores btw.

I prefer just plain and simple speculaas (the traditional cinnamon cookies this paste is based of, which are unfortunately also rather hard to find outside of Belgium and The Netherlands.)

Delta Airlines gives them out on their flights.

Beth Cyra

CFmFa.jpg

This bad boy finally came in the mail.

Saroyan

Picked up a 32" Sony Wega TV and Stand off of Craigslist.

The only way to play non HD games. I absolutely love it. Totally worth moving the heavy bastard.

I have the exact same TV, and yeah its a freaking tank, I moved mine by myself and its a real challenge getting through doors with it haha. Awesome picture quality though and perfect for retro consoles.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Whew! What a week!

I had to book a trip to New York for work at the last minute. Since I was gonna be heading back Friday, anyway, I decided to book my return flight for Sunday morning instead. It gave me ~48 hours to power through the city by myself, meet a online friend, and meet up with an ex that I still keep in touch with. Great couple days!

I ended up eating at: Passione Pizza, Norma's, II Brigante, Shake Shack, Sprinkles, and 107 West, amongst a couple other places earlier in the week before entering Manhattan. Some of the highlights:

8088370366_22ecb4445a_z.jpg

8088338719_ffe16119d0_z.jpg

8088340029_2580740c92_z.jpg

8088348251_60c1da1e67_z.jpg

8088351077_2bb8f63613_z.jpg

Also hit the Apple Store on 5th Avenue to satisfy my inner fanboy - MAN that place is busy! But I managed to snag an extra Lightning cable for my iPhone 5 to go with the Mophie Juicepack I picked up at Best Buy while running low on battery:

8088322206_64624da5d4_z.jpg

And picked up some goodies while out and about:

8088330535_f4ebdf7578_z.jpg

8088338027_eb999afba6_z.jpg

8088360047_83bb2b882b_z.jpg

Got to play the WiiU at the Nintendo World Store! Awesome! Can't wait for November!

8088350593_ba57d91086_z.jpg

Grabbed the first couple episodes of Homeland and some music for my return flight... ... ... .... but this old favorite took most of my time:

8088345105_56173a398e_z.jpg

When I got home, I hit up a Target to grab the "Action Pack" deal I saw posted on CAG:

8088355253_f678190f4e_z.jpg

... and finally, while I was gone, I ordered this for my mom and had it shipped to her. She's wanted one for a while :)

8088326220_5a9e173ba1_z.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
I know I say this all the time, but those pictures are gorgeous. I start a photography class next semester, can't wait to start taking some pictures that don't look godawful.

And I've heard lots of good things about Crazy Taxi iOS, I still need to pick that up. Thanks for reminding me.

Non-gaming:

FMA DX Vol. 17
5C7EA8C5-62A9-41DF-8E67-F609B3700BEE-148-000000088FC71FEA.jpg

Gaming:

- $20 PSN card (digital via Amazon)
- Tokyo Jungle
- NiGHTS HD

D73DCF48-114C-4347-8FA5-6B793BD71DD0-148-0000000C7FDC4D26.jpg

Too lazy to turn on my ps3 so above is a screen from my recent purchases off of SEN's site...

MrFortyFive

34jhssx.jpg

Mobo: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
CPU: i7 3820 (OC @ 5.0)
GPU: 2x 690 GTX
Cooler: H100
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair 1200
Media/Games: 2X 1TB Samsung 7200rpm (RAID 0)
Drive: Plextor Bluray
Case: HAF X

In action:

photoqnskb.jpg

So in all seriousness, is there any game/mod out there that this couldn't run at a silky smooth framerate? I have a single stock 680 and an i7 3770 and there is very little outside of mods that I can't overkill, and that's nothing compared to this rig.

MilkLizard

Ordered this for release at amazon.com. After 6 weeks of waiting they told me it got lost during shipping. So canceled my order, got my money back and ordered again at amazon.co.uk. Arrived after 4 days. That will teach me.

MpnZL.jpg

Ban Puncher

yQxf4.jpg

Last weeks pick-ups. Highlight was Guardian Heroes and Double Dragon II for a tenner. Happy to finally score a mint PAL copy of GH - and at an unbelievable price too.

Few bits from the last couple of days. Bought a PAL 250GB 360 slim to take over from my aging Asian Jasper. This will be used for most games, with the Asian one handling imports.

IMG_20121013_183100.jpg

And some other things:

IMG_20121015_134727.jpg

IMG_20121015_124956.jpg

Grief.exe

LOL WHAT A POSER!

Seriously though, I'm curious to hear from someone that isn't stuck up about headphones how these actually are, cause they seem nice.

I've tried them on several times to try to get different opinions on them. By themselves they almost sound a little tinny, and very unbalanced overall. To be honest, they aren't absolutely terrible, but I wouldn't call them very good either.

The real problem for Beats is that they aren't the only headphone on the market, once you start comparing them to other headphones, especially in the price category, they start to get destroyed. If you want perfect sound, there are headphones that absolutely blow the beats out of the water for half the price.

SuperPac

Oh, pretty cool. But you don't (or hardly) find them in supermarkets, right? It's crazy where you sometimes encounter typical Belgian export products like chocolate, beers, waffles or in this case speculaas.

The Publix grocery store near me (in Atlanta, GA) started selling this Biscoff cookie spread. It's near the Nutella and Peanut Butter. And good lord is it godly on a bagel. So good.

The Publix grocery store near me (in Atlanta, GA) started selling this Biscoff cookie spread. It's near the Nutella and Peanut Butter. And good lord is it godly on a bagel. So good.

Saw the biscoff cookie spread at Safeway this morning. Too bad it's more expensive there than at Trader Joe's.

Still, everyone should try the stuff on apple cinnamon bread with peanut butter - it's amazing.

Jomjom

Banned
A Vita for 100$!? Where?

You can go to the Sam's Club website, search "PS Vita" and then enter your local zip code and check store by store. On the upper right of the product page under "Online Price" you will see a "Club Price" if the particular store has one. If you see the magic price of $90-ish or $100-ish, you can try to go into the store and see if it's there. Their system is updated in 1 or 2 days so it should be fairly accurate. If you don't see it on the shelf, you can try to see if you can get an employee to look in the backroom for you, which is where they found mine.

Small note: A lot of people who got in on this deal could only find a display model in stores for that price or some that were missing the game, memory card, or case. I got lucky and mine was completely sealed and new.

One more small note: If you don't have a Sam's Club membership you can Google "one day sam's club pass" and print a PDF of a one day guest pass. That's what I did because I don't have a membership. In certain states, they charge an extra 10% upon purchase of an item, but in states like California, they are not allowed to. I even got some cheap gas with my one day pass!

You can go to the Sam's Club website, search "PS Vita" and then enter your local zip code and check store by store. On the upper right of the product page under "Online Price" you will see a "Club Price" if the particular store has one. If you see the magic price of $90-ish or $100-ish, you can try to go into the store and see if it's there. Their system is updated in 1 or 2 days so it should be fairly accurate. If you don't see it on the shelf, you can try to see if you can get an employee to look in the backroom for you, which is where they found mine.

Small note: A lot of people who got in on this deal could only find a display model in stores for that price or some that were missing the game, memory card, or case. I got lucky and mine was completely sealed and new.

One more small note: If you don't have a Sam's Club membership you can Google "one day sam's club pass" and print a PDF of a one day guest pass. That's what I did because I don't have a membership. In certain states, they charge an extra 10% upon purchase of an item, but in states like California, they are not allowed to. I even got some cheap gas with my one day pass!

Isn't available at all at my store unfortunately. Just the $289.99 3g First edition bundle :(

iP6ER1udYxLQ7.jpg

iz3AZcn6CAqdM.jpg

i3F5rOAKf2XJO.jpg

• Aquanaut's Holiday
• Phantasmagoria
• Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
• Quantum Conundrum
• Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero
• Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire
• Quest for Glory III: Wages of War
• Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
• Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire
• The Walking Dead: Episode 4 - Around Every Corner
• XCOM: Enemy Unknown

jonno394

These are, without a shadow of a doubt, the best looking things in my DVD/BD collection. NISA did an amazing job (pics dont do justice, makes me think I should just buy a camera for this thread lol)

canocha

Got these bad boys!

7qftE.jpg

(and no AAA batteries to use them...)

Pokemon Black 2 and Last Windows

BoTm5.jpg

Rayman Origins and Epic Mickey

JSaXo.jpg

(Pikachu is a sneaky Pokemon!)

Top Bottom