• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

mr_toa

Nothing uber exciting, but some good pickups nonetheless:

Picked up a bunch of games to share with fellow GAFers and friends on other forums from the TRU sale. Only kept a MW3 for myself. (This is just one of my stops)

8064810529_a554a54913_z.jpg

The mother lode :)

canocha

Oh man, how lovely is that. One of my favorite games as a kid, and this is the first time I am seeing (what I think is) the European box art. Nice pick up!

Theres also the updated cover (blue spine), but i like the old one! :)

And yes, its the European cover.

VanWinkle

That's beautiful picture. I like the SIII in the background. What camera did you use? Did you edit the picture (colors, saturation, etc.)?
I got a Sony SLT-A37K a week ago. I know it's an entry level camera, but I am excited to be able to take pictures that look half as good as yours (the same goes for Skel1ingt0n).

Thanks! I used a Pentax Kx. Fairly entry-level DSLR, but most critics consider it one of the best entry level DSLRs you can get (and I think the picture quality speaks for itself). I did not edit the picture, that is straight from the camera except resizing it. Used an older manual 50mm lens.

The camera you got looks pretty awesome! You'll be able to get some great pictures on it.

Sigma722

Where did you get the Mondo Iron Giant print?

Coincidentally, I bought it for him through the official Mondo drop. Now they can only be obtained through Expresso Beans forums and Ebay. As cool as it looks in pictures, it is one that truly looks much better in person. It is super cool.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got a new CC sent to me but the damage was already done lost out on castlevania 64, clay fighter 63/3rd, contra 3 and super double dragon all completes :( still managed to get a couple good ones though

NES: Wizardry, Destiny of an Emperor
wizardryofthemperor.jpg

N64: Blast Corps, Shadow Gate 64
blastgate.jpg

Genesis: Lightening Force, Shadow of the Beast
lighteningofthebeast.jpg

mr stroke

Going back to triple 120hz monitors, colors not as good as IPS but so much smoother

New Panasonic projector set up and new screen

ibcoB9eSk5Q1cQ.JPG

ibsni3qAYJ6IcV.jpg

icmNux9aUfQ4s.JPG

zmet

TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure and Gamespite Journal 12: Sega Vol.1 Arcade Through 32X
jp52.jpg

The Adventures of Batman & Robin and Run Saber
jp53.jpg

Prometheus and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
jp54.jpg

Sagitario

Thanks! I used a Pentax Kx. Fairly entry-level DSLR, but most critics consider it one of the best entry level DSLRs you can get (and I think the picture quality speaks for itself). I did not edit the picture, that is straight from the camera except resizing it. Used an older manual 50mm lens.

The camera you got looks pretty awesome! You'll be able to get some great pictures on it.

You didn't edit it? It looks great!
My problem is: I have no idea how to use it.
I used to know how to handle old school film cameras (I did a quick course when younger), but now I can't remember a thing.

Here are some sample pictures I took: default camera settings, ISO 800, slight/small color correction on Fireworks, resized from 4912x3264.

It's also the most recent pick-up, besides the camera.

With flash:
dsc000861ip6h.jpg

Without flash:
dsc00091edqr4.jpg

I know it doesn't even come close to yours or Skel1ingt0n.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
3458_10100860435447430_135208479_n.jpg

First release Japanese Mega Drive (Genesis), VA1 version with the good sound and everything, in the box. Love that box!

JEKKI

whoooo~!!! I found something awesome today to spend my gift card on!!

003b00e0128411e2a50222000a1fb870_7.jpg

dat clearance!!

hope it works well with PC!

VanWinkle

You didn't edit it? It looks great!
My problem is: I have no idea how to use it.
I used to know how to handle old school film cameras (I did a quick course when younger), but now I can't remember a thing.

Here are some sample pictures I took: default camera settings, ISO 800, slight/small color correction on Fireworks, resized from 4912x3264.

It's also the most recent pick-up, besides the camera.

With flash:
dsc000861ip6h.jpg

Without flash:
dsc00091edqr4.jpg

I know it doesn't even come close to yours or Skel1ingt0n.

Nothing wrong with those pictures at all. Getting good is just a matter of practicing. You'll start having a lot of fun once you get past the kit lens, but just go out and just find things that look interesting to you. Your camera is great, so there's not a problem there at all. Play around with settings, too. You'll get a hang of it.

The amount of retro gaming stuff this month is awesome. Got a lot coming in the next few days myself.

80's and 90's were my favorite era of gaming...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, this just isn't gaming-related at all, but I picked it up last night and love it so much and had to post it.

My new succulent arrangement from Walmart:

8074343136_48800b1316_h.jpg

8074347039_0a5f0cb23b_h.jpg

8074347567_aedf827895_h.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Well, this just isn't gaming-related at all, but I picked it up last night and love it so much and had to post it.

My new succulent arrangement from Walmart:

Forget the plant, that camera's picture quality is amazing @_@

Top Bottom