• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Hazelhurst

Iu2i9.jpg

I miss Rare. I had alot of fun playing Starfox Adventures back in the day.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Some quality reading and some new toys. The display cabinet always gets me damn it.

While at the local hobby shop found these bad boys.

barbapapa

Went a bit PS3 crazy this month:

ps31.jpg

Those DS games were practically free, as they were part of a 60€ package deal with a black DS Lite, 2 GBA Fire Emblem games boxed, and Phantom Hourglass. All of which I already had and just sold to other people. The most expensive of those PS3 games was MK9, at 30€. The rest varied from 10 to 25.
ps32.jpg

The absolute last PS3 Super Slim + FIFA 13 pack available in my country.

Also got Journey on the PS Store, and still got a couple of games on their way to me, like Brütal Legend and Borderlands 2.

Already finished Arkham Asylum, which was absolutely amazing and basically warranted the PS3 purchase almost on its own.

Picked up a 32" Sony Wega TV and Stand off of Craigslist.

The only way to play non HD games. I absolutely love it. Totally worth moving the heavy bastard.

Also got another SNES game:

MarkusRJR

Oh man I have so many good memories from that SNES Power Rangers game. I think I still have the cartridge somewhere around here too. Such a fun game.

barrin87

Yay finally jumped in to the current handheld generation. I thought I was going to get a 3DS first, but this was a decent price so I got a PSV! Time to play some Gravity Rush.

Oh yeah this was at Sam's Club by the way. You can check the webpage and see if any stores in your area have it at the clearanced price and try your luck!

W5Xf1l.jpg

20ds4l.jpg

Only bad thing about this is that now I won't feel right buying a 3DS XL until it's around $60.

Holy shit, how did you get it for so cheap? It's still listed as $289 on their website.

plc268

I continued my adventure of adding aluminum parts to my 360 controller. This time, aluminum triggers with trigger stops. The triggers have adjustable springs to adjust tension, and the trigger stops simply stops the trigger from fully actuating. So, it's for games that treat the triggers as a digital input instead of an analog.

8080382699_db2939aab4_z.jpg

And then, installed. Having never removed the triggers off of a 360 controller, these were a true pain in the ass to install. Eventually I figured it out though.

8083973740_aeeea77eca_z.jpg

Drain You

Drunk impulse buy fueled by my unhealthy love of Leon. Its an online knockoff but it is actually pretty nice. Also picked up a pair of PAX three day passes and booked a hotel in Boston.
1oLAJ.jpg

Not really games related, but eh, I'll post games later this month:

74D5EFF5-DA0A-46F8-82B8-5B567A035178-2367-000002CDE35DD814.jpg

(Got them for less than $10)

Giant box:
A44C23B8-A4AE-4686-B4B7-6AA6C9F361C4-3640-000002949DF0AAE1.jpg

Contents:
A8CFC90A-B004-4425-9175-57ED2CA1B587-3640-00000294AEF3C799.jpg

5350515C-4A6F-4E27-AC48-4D0FAF885752-3640-00000294A9529FD8.jpg

Big guy will be assembled when I have time...

jbueno

I don´t mean to rain on your parade or anything, but doesn´t that SCIV look odd? I don´t think early SNES carts were made in Mexico (I recall seeing the first ones around 1994-1995), or that they came with the redesigned plastic front, maybe it got reprinted later in the systems life? Hopefuly you got a legit cart and my suspicions are off. This is how I remember the SCIV carts looking.

QZMxz.jpg

Iacobellis

I don´t mean to rain on your parade or anything, but doesn´t that SCIV look odd? I don´t think early SNES carts were made in Mexico (I recall seeing the first ones around 1994-1995), or that they came with the redesigned plastic front, maybe it got reprinted later in the systems life? Hopefuly you got a legit cart and my suspicions are off. This is how I remember the SCIV carts looking.

QZMxz.jpg

It is a legitimate cartridge, but supposedly of lower quality. I read about it here.

jbueno

Good to see my fears put to rest about your cart CoachKevin. Didn´t know SCIV was remanufactured under new standards!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Good to see my fears put to rest about your cart CoachKevin. Didn´t know SCIV was remanufactured under new standards!

So was Contra III, I think. As well as a few Genesis games... Bloodlines? I think so.

Drunk impulse buy fueled by my unhealthy love of Leon. Its an online knockoff but it is actually pretty nice. Also picked up a pair of PAX three day passes and booked a hotel in Boston.
1oLAJ.jpg

That's a badass jacket, and I'm feeling drunk and impulsive. Where did you order it?

Drain You

That's a badass jacket, and I'm feeling drunk and impulsive. Where did you order it?

Ebay hahah. The seller has since raised the price by 100$ from when I bought it. :(

What does the material feel like?

It was advertised as 100% real leather and it feels as such.

New to Gaf and not sure if Ebay links are allowed, and too lazy to check at the moment, so if you'd like a direct link PM me.

zmet

Kendo Rage and SmartBall
jp55.jpg

Sunset Riders and Romancing SaGa OSV
jp57.jpg

Romancing SaGa 2 OSV and Romancing SaGa 3 OSV
jp56.jpg

barrin87

I still want to know where I can buy a Vita for 100$!

The deal was at Sam's Club. It's YMMV though so you might not having luck finding the deal since each Sam's handles clearance items on their specific store. I checked at mine last night and the bundle was still for $289. Oh well, I will just wait until the AssCreed Vita bundle comes out to get that.

Izick

The deal was at Sam's Club. It's YMMV though so you might not having luck finding the deal since each Sam's handles clearance items on their specific store. I checked at mine last night and the bundle was still for $289. Oh well, I will just wait until the AssCreed Vita bundle comes out to get that.

Oh! I see, I guess I was answered before then; I thought he was referring to some other post. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom