• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

swapped my iPad1 to an iPad3, but that's not important, what is:
560821_4684571473404_128787739_n.jpg

custom game art? I must know where this came from!

Rich!

got one of these yesterday, didn't feel like getting a pre-owned one

was free, surprisingly - but the delivery really stung. She's stuck in the shop for a while with my girlfriend, but I'll be able to download her to my home in a few days.

Only weighed four pounds. Same size as a Wii, should be quite energy efficient and fun!!!

/gamingside.

StayDead

was free, surprisingly - but the delivery really stung. She's stuck in the shop for a while with my girlfriend, but I'll be able to download her to my home in a few days.

Only weighed four pounds. Same size as a Wii, should be quite energy efficient and fun!!!

/gamingside.

Shame about those things though, free to play but to continue playing you need to spend a bunch on microtransactions...

Seriously though, grats. ^^

Parallacs

/gamingside.

Congrats!

You will receive a lot of advice in the coming weeks. You can ignore almost everything. The only two things that truely will make your life easier:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M77N22/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZI1R2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seriously. Also, make sure your gf doesn't download every bit of DLC content. My daughter hasn't worn the same outfit twice and she's four months...

Rich!

Congrats!

You will receive a lot of advice in the coming weeks. You can ignore almost everything. The only two things that truely will make your life easier:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M77N22/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZI1R2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seriously. Also, make sure your gf doesn't download every bit of DLC content. My daughter hasn't worn the same outfit twice and she's four months...

UK bro, but I'll have a look for equivalents if they do those two here!

Luckily, we've decided against any extra clothes or gear for her. Her side of the family is quite large (her mother has 12 siblings...), so we've ended up with an entire room full of clothes, nappies, wipes, cots, toys...everything. It's almost too much.

but we're not complaining. We've also been told that my parents are building us a house, and that's made us quite happy with our future.

bitoriginal

/gamingside.

Congratulations fella! The thought of children terrifies me but she's a cutey. I wish you luck for the sleepless nights ahead!

Rich!

Congratulations fella! The thought of children terrifies me but she's a cutey. I wish you luck for the sleepless nights ahead!

It's fucking terrifying.

Even just holding her, I'm worried her head will slip off my arm and snap back (babies cannot support the weight of their heads on their own).

However by now, I've realised that the chances of that happening are near zero. It doesn't stop me from imagining the worst. Was holding her earlier, and suddenly got the image of me dropping her, and her crashing onto the floor.

It wouldn't happen, but just the sheer thought terrified me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lombax

Banned
UK bro, but I'll have a look for equivalents if they do those two here!

Luckily, we've decided against any extra clothes or gear for her. Her side of the family is quite large (her mother has 12 siblings...), so we've ended up with an entire room full of clothes, nappies, wipes, cots, toys...everything. It's almost too much.

but we're not complaining. We've also been told that my parents are building us a house, and that's made us quite happy with our future.

While you are out be sure to pick up a Sleep Sheep [I even used the amazon uk link]

best of luck and congratulations.

guest1321

Damn it now I see it I'll have to have one especially the blue LED's I have changed all my retro consoles to have blue LED's or colour change so this is a guaranteed purchase for me wish I could change the LED's on my 360 lol

You could always get the Halo 4 limited edition console that has blue led's...and forerunner noises for opening/closing the drive and on/off.

Wow... I love the look of that controller!! is it available in Best buy and gamestop yet?

Just grabbed mine from Best Buy. Now my reach controller has a brother!

BCoo8.jpg

Also grabbed Dishonored earlier this month. Along with the goofy whale-oil lamp pre order bonus. Definitely my GOTY so far.

TH0m7.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the package that was supposed to be with the other showed up

NES: Archon
archon.jpg

Gensis: Star Flight, Venom and Spiderman: Separation Anxiety
staranxiety.jpg

Ended up hating the Panasonic camera I just picked up so I went with this Canon. It is a much nicer camera. Better form factor, better video quality.

And again... More SNES games... Including a new copy of TMNT after the first one I got was all fucked up.

The Boat

Ahhh Spiderman: Separation Anxiety!!! I still need to get that... can't find the PAL version with manual anywhere!
I might settle for the NTSC!

I had a burning desire for this as a kid, never got it :( Se calhar é o nosso destino como Portugueses.

andylsun

/gamingside.

You should look at these

http://gro.co.uk/grobag-baby-sleep-bags

Used for our daughter and she slept very well for the first couple of years with one.

mr_toa

/gamingside.

gz :)

Some recent pick-ups:

- Final volume of 20th Century Boys (english edition).
- Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer: I really like how it's fast-paced. Also got some promo's alongside the main game.
- Some games I had on my list for a while (Wario, Star Ocean and DDS (already owned DDS2))
- Divinity Anthology (with dev journal signed by the devs). Just had to support my fellow compatriots.

EfnXW.jpg

SoulClap

Jealous.
Having both side by side, what are your thoughts?

Right now I'm finding it hard to get used to the BenQ's inferior color reproduction and contrast ratio when it's right next to the Shimian. After a few hours of use I count myself in the IPS 2560 x 1440 > TN 120Hz camp. I'm looking forward to a future where I don't have to choose.

ACH1LL3US

Right now I'm finding it hard to get used to the BenQ's inferior color reproduction and contrast ratio when it's right next to the Shimian. After a few hours of use I count myself in the IPS 2560 x 1440 > TN 120Hz camp. I'm looking forward to a future where I don't have to choose.

Yea, I have a ACD 27 inch and had the Samsung 750d 27 inch 120hz tn. I just couldnt get over the poor viewing angles, contrast and color of the Samsung. Yes it blurred much less and 120fps with games but everything mention above was a real downer.

Also I have found the ACD to have the most uniform picture as I am very sensitive to non uniform displays, the Samsung TN was not uniform at all and when you would do panning from left to right or vice versa it looked horribly uneven.

Sushigod7

Congrats!! Don't worry about dropping her you'll be fine. At 8 months mine is crawling, rolling and sort of walking. It goes by fast enjoy it!! I second Parallacs said ignore almost all advice people talk to much!

barbapapa

Continuing to build my PS3 backlog:
ps333.jpg

Still incoming:
Skyrim
Fallout 3 GOTY
BioShock

Used games for PS3 are just SO dirt cheap.

/gamingside.

Trust me, like any free used car, they come with expenses. Congrats ;)

Smokey

Yep.

I have a Dell U3011 and a Asus 120Hz monitor next to it as secondary...there's no contest in PQ. 120Hz is cool to but I prefer the IPS panel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also bought that Halo controller because of the blue lights and translucence.

Now I'm going to feel like a poser for not buying Halo 4

Top Bottom