• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Limpiz

Neo Member
4AoZ7.jpg

Apenheul

photo-2.JPG

Macbook Pro: because my last one broke just one day before an important deadline. I have a bad karma with Apple products :/

Lynx Hilo: mastering / audiophile-grade DAC. Yeah I care about audio more than I do about pixel density.

Samurai Shodown Anthology: I've always wanted to get into this series because it's fighting system looked interesting. I've only played a bit of SS2 so far and I'm enjoying it.

Pokemon Black 2: Only 12 hours in but enjoying it a lot, as always I intend to "catch them all" and we'll see how far I get this time.

EDIT: Oh and I preordered a premium bundle Wii U.

Shuusui

Couple of pick-ups this month so far - one of them very close to my heart:

19sQ9.jpg

And a couple a little dearer to my belly and my eyes:

ebiNA.jpg

BqQDe.jpg

Gameboy415

I picked up some great stuff this month but haven't had a chance to take pics/post til this weekend.

1210-Games1.jpg

Wasn't really feeling RE6 at first but it finally clicked and I ended up loving it.
I just finished up the 3 main campaigns last night, really looking forward to playing through
Ada's
campaign this week.
I haven't picked up Pokemon B2&W2 yet, but I'll probably get them this week thanks to Best Buy's B2G1 sale. :)

1210-DVD1.jpg

All of the DVD sets were very cheap (between $10-12 each) on Amazon!

1210-Blu1.jpg

I went a little overboard with Best Buy's "Upgrade 2 Blu" promotion over the last 2 weeks, haha.
I had a box of DVDs I'd been trying to sell and I figured $5 a pop wasn't too bad, considering there were several new/cheap Blu-Rays I wanted to get.

Skylanders Giants!

First row: Shroomboom, S2 Chop Chop, S2 Cynder, Punch Pop Fizz
Second row: Glow Cynder, S2 Terrafin, Flashwing, S2 Ignitor, Pop Fizz, S2 Slam Bam, Chill, S2 Zook, S2 Whirlwind, S2 Sonic Boom
Third row: Jet Vac, L Jet Vac, L S2 Slam Bam, L S2 Ignitor, Fright Rider, Lightcore Eruptor, Lightcore Drobot, Lightcore Prism Break, S2 Double Trouble, S2 Drill Sergeant, S2 Stump Smash
Fourth row: S2 Bash, Swarm, Granite Crusher, Bouncer, Tree Rex, L Bouncer, Crusher, S2 Trigger Happy, S2 Flameslinger and an extra Tree Rex

5Pq52.jpg

JEKKI

067a5fe21a5311e2ba9922000a1f9c9a_7.jpg

keepin em on the run with a me shotgun!

I swang with a clip tite clang!

keepin em on the run with a me shotgun!

swaang with a clip tite clang!

ow!

nny

The Unfinished Swan, lovely game:

DSC08006.jpg

Club Nintendo gift coins:

DSC07989.jpg

Games!

DSC08012.jpg

Demetri Martin released a new CD/DVD, here they are with a t-shirt and a print:

DSC08007.jpg

Mags and books (One for a Japanese class, one from GAF's LEGO contest and some Tezuka goodness):

DSC08009.jpg

Hawthorns

These are, without a shadow of a doubt, the best looking things in my DVD/BD collection. NISA did an amazing job (pics dont do justice, makes me think I should just buy a camera for this thread lol)

Dude, I think you're the guy who bought these from me over on AUKF? ;P Haha. How funny to see them here too, if it is indeed you.

omgkitty

It's incredible. I bought two more today. One to drink, one to age for 12 months before drinking.

Nice. I think I'll have to figure out where to get one from.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized that it's a Dogfish Head beer which isn't sold in TN anymore :(

Sticking with just the candy cabs. Way more versatile and I just fell in love with them last time I was in Japan. One is just for Neo Geo stuff the other is my CPS2/Jamma cab.

Those two plus the 32" wega for the NES/SNES/n64 takes up a lot of room.

LiK

Sticking with just the candy cabs. Way more versatile and I just fell in love with them last time I was in Japan. One is just for Neo Geo stuff the other is my CPS2/Jamma cab.

Those two plus the 32" wega for the NES/SNES/n64 takes up a lot of room.

you moved? can i still visit or are you far away now? :(

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i bet the tube tv was probably heavier then the candy cabs without their monitors must of been a bitch getting it down stairs

you moved? can i still visit or are you far away now? :(

Moved up to the second floor apartment in the multifamily house. You are welcome anytime.

Edit:

i bet the tube tv was probably heavier then the candy cabs without their monitors must of been a bitch getting it down stairs

I think the tube is 170lbs and the cabs are about 250. Took the monitors out (obviously by the pic) to make things easier. Still worth having with about 150 games from pre 2000.

Also most of the american cabs are wood, some are even particle board and they deteriorate overtime. I had a milipede that was just decomposing in front of my eyes. The Astro/Blast city and Taito Egret cabs are metal tanks.

My pickup of the next few years(Next on the list is a house...)

MY09 Golf GTI - Limited Pirelli Edition
Fast little thing. Will update with an interior shot tonight. Don't want to risk a ban by using one from google and I currently don't have a self shot interior photo.

Pikma

Banned

Fast little thing. Will update with an interior shot tonight. Don't want to risk a ban by using one from google and I currently don't have a self shot interior photo.

What a beauty!

Congrats!

Ban Puncher

SDI5i.jpg

Arcus Odyssey - fuck yeah Wolfteam soundtracks.
Marvel Land - charming platformer.
Tetris - 10 cents.
Super GameBoy - 20 cents.
Policenauts - couldn't find my original copy so got this cheap to keep alongside the fan-translated English version.
Dead or Alive - set my age to 99.
Yumimi Mix - this and Urusei Yatsura (done by the same studio) on the Mega CD use this fantastic graphic engine that produces unbelievable full screen animation, no shitty FMV in a postage stamp here. Will give this a spin on the Wondermega in celebration of the Mega/Sega CD's 20th Anniversary.

1jpdC.jpg

Battletoads - finally found a copy that wasn't going for inflated 'HELO GAMSPOT DO U HAVE COMBATFROGS LOLOLOLOL' dickhead prices.
Excitebike - tidy freebie.
Famitsu Biohazard 4 SE w/ GC demo disc - This has been something of a personal white whale. Whilst visiting Japan back in late 2004 I saw this in stores and wanted to grab a copy but I was leaving Tokyo that night to hang out in the boonies for a week and wanted to travel as lightly as possible. I would be returning to the city anyhow to conduct a massive spending spree in Akihabara so decided to pick up the magazine then. Seven days later I return but the issue is gone from everywhere. Weekly Famitsu doesn't fuck about and I had been searching ever since. Chuffed to bits to finally have it.

ZerotypeX

IMG_6709.png

Picture with the lights on so you can see the scratches better.
I wonder if there's any way to buff these out?

Awesome on repairing/replacing the screen. Have you thought about replacing the faceplate for your PSP? Which pretty much gets you a new screen and whatever color you wanted for it.

Awesome pickup!

Greets from Wolfsburg!

Doombear

A few of my pickups from this weekend.

102212ag3p4c.jpg

102212bkwrh2.jpg

102212ci8r9i.jpg

102212d7hru7.jpg

Not pictured Valkyrie Profile 2, Dark Cloud 2 and Eternal Poison.

And this, which I found to go rather well with the above purchases =P

102212e7qxpn.jpg

Velcro Fly

xVmBal.jpg

Just got Madden for $6 on clearance. It's not perfect but it is pretty fun.

dcX8Ll.jpg

Got these used from Best Buy. Had a deal for DQV complete that fell through, sadly.

so cool, how do they sound? wich music do you listen?

A little of everything dub step/rap/rock and spanish. Mostly oldies and the occasional Taylor Swift. They have a nice lows and dont give you that fake bass other headphones give you. The best feature they have are they are light stylish, and they are not consider noise canceling but you cant hear crap when you have them on. lol Oh did I mention how confortable they are ?

isny

napkin dispenser
A little of everything dub step/rap/rock and spanish. Mostly oldies and the occasional Taylor Swift. They have a nice lows and dont give you that fake bass other headphones give you. The best feature they have are they are light stylish, and they are not consider noise canceling but you cant hear crap when you have them on. lol Oh did I mention how confortable they are ?

Dubstep and Taylor Swift? Waaaaaaaaa? How are your ears not bleeding =p

Top Bottom