• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Black Lion came in today....

CF11Y.jpg

Fully assembled with dog for size reference lol

m10gM.jpg

pax217

Kindle Paperwhite owners:

How is it? I'm considering the upgrade, but am happy enough with my current Kindle that I haven't done so yet.

Another SNES game arrived.

SOS. (AKA Septentrion in Japan)

Saw this on an episode of Gamecenter CX. Been wanting to check it out for a while.

And also a new camera, which took these pictures.

pax217

I decided to go with the 103 this time instead of the 105. Wasn't sure I could justify the wait and the $500 price difference. Kudos to Oppo on their customer service and allowing me to purchase before release.

mblitek

My first VW and first diesel! Just picked her up last Saturday. 2012 Jetta TDI Highline, 6 speed manual, leather, Nav/Tech package

Front View:
rQ893l.jpg

Rear View:

Perfect spec for a VW TDI, I'm so happy you went with a manual transmission! Proper gearbox, more driving fun, lighter, cheaper and in real world application - probably better MPG. Enjoy the car :)

Edit: If you don't know, the vwvortex.com forums are your answer for anything & everything.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Atari 2600: Kool-Aid Man, Phoenix
koolaidpheonixooohyeaaah.jpg

NES: AD&D Dragon Strike, Lode Runner
adddragonrunner.jpg

Sega CD: Dark Wizard, Star Wars Rebel Assault
starwarsdarkwizard.jpg

Master System: Rastan, Alien Syndrome
rastansyndrome.jpg

Genesis: Cosmic Space Head
cosmicspacehead.jpg

should have a straggler package tomorrow

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I decided to go with the 103 this time instead of the 105. Wasn't sure I could justify the wait and the $500 price difference. Kudos to Oppo on their customer service and allowing me to purchase before release.

Nice. Didn't realize the 103 was shipping already. I really wanna nab one of those, but as far as I know, my disposable income is already allocated to other stuff for the time being. But I convinced the 'rents to get a BDP-93 last year, and the performance of that thing is something truly special. I've wanted one ever since.

pax217

Nice. Didn't realize the 103 was shipping already. I really wanna nab one of those, but as far as I know, my disposable income is already allocated to other stuff for the time being. But I convinced the 'rents to get a BDP-93 last year, and the performance of that thing is something truly special. I've wanted one ever since.

It's not shipping yet, but if you'd like I can PM you the contact at Oppo that shipped me one early... And yeah, a lot of money for a BD player (especially since the PS3 is inches away).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's not shipping yet, but if you'd like I can PM you the contact at Oppo that shipped me one early... And yeah, a lot of money for a BD player (especially since the PS3 is inches away).

Naaaah, I'd better hold off for right now. Maybe I'll bite the bullet in a couple months.

But yeah, even though it's a lot to drop on a BD player when there's already the PS3, it sure does make movies look pretty amazing.

pax217

Naaaah, I'd better hold off for right now. Maybe I'll bite the bullet in a couple months.

But yeah, even though it's a lot to drop on a BD player when there's already the PS3, it sure does make movies look pretty amazing.

I actually have only watched about 10 minutes of "Quantum of Solace" thus far; really, really impressed.

zmet

Sky Blazer and Bonanza Brothers
jp58.jpg

Moonrise Kingdom and Avatar Limited 3D Edition
jp59.jpg

Casshan: Robot Hunter Casshern and Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy
jp60.jpg

jns

Horribad pictures incoming ...

I picked up 3(11) new Blurays today.
- Let me in (American Version with alt cover)
- Necronomicon edition Army of Darkness
- Universal Studios 'Monsters' collection which contains; Dracula 1931, Frankenstein 1931, The Mummy 1932, The Invisible Man 1933, The Bride of Frankenstein 1935, The Wolf Man 1941, The Phantom of the Opera, 1943, Creature of the Black Lagoon 1954. It also has a postcard from each movie and a little book.

iOFpj9AUh7fLR.jpg

ibs3Aw8VY1FUDU.jpg

sorry for the quality ...

maskrider

Very nice. Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow as well. What do you plan to do with it? I am planning to add the raspberry pi to my current robot project.

I work full time with MCU (mostly ARM based) and embedded systems (with and without OS), I bought the Pi for leisure, along with my Pandaboard ES, don't have any specific project at the moment. I suppose mostly on media related stuffs.

BTW, I think its power drawn is a bit too much for small autonomous robots.

Lombax

Banned
I work full time with MCU (mostly ARM based) and embedded systems (with and without OS), I bought the Pi for leisure, along with my Pandaboard ES, don't have any specific project at the moment. I suppose mostly on media related stuffs.

BTW, I think its power drawn is a bit too much for small autonomous robots.

Aye that thought had popped into my head. This is my first robot so I am still learning a lot. One of the guys in my office used a pandaboard for his robot [so it could chase a red ball].
If I have to keep it tethered for the time being so be it.

out of curiosity where did you buy the pandaboard from?

maskrider

Aye that thought had popped into my head. This is my first robot so I am still learning a lot. One of the guys in my office used a pandaboard for his robot [so it could chase a red ball].
If I have to keep it tethered for the time being so be it.

out of curiosity where did you buy the pandaboard from?

I bought my Pandaboard ES from Mouser (have to fill an export compliance form).

The Pi (B) from element14, and its stock ran out within 2 days.

My first VW and first diesel! Just picked her up last Saturday. 2012 Jetta TDI Highline, 6 speed manual, leather, Nav/Tech package

Front View:
rQ893l.jpg

Rear View:
FkYmGl.jpg

Grats on the TDI, you're going to love it. I've got a 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI and I still get excited about it. And they are great at not only holding their value, but gaining in value. My dealership has spent the last two years trying to buy it back off me for more than I paid.

You know what the best part about a TDI is? Blowing past a Prius on the freeway and knowing you're getting better mileage and having more fun doing it. Sure they beat us everywhere else, but whatever. :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

Nice! I have a BDP-95 and love it very much. Oppo rocks!

Front View:
rQ893l.jpg

Rear View:
FkYmGl.jpg

Congrats on the car and welcome to the Vdub family :-D

I've got a 2010 Shadow Blue GTI myself in 6-speed; it's the most fun you'll ever have. The VW manuals are so easy to drive and every time I get into my car i'm excited to drive (and I've had it for close to 3 years now).

Top Bottom