• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

NotSelf

New PSU! \o/

xvm1C6l.jpg

I have this one as well it's been running perfectly for a year now nice choice.

Nice to see someone else that does OCR events around here! You should definitely hit up a Tough Mudder next. :-D

That's the goal with my friend, though I will probably have to train like crazy for that one. Funny enough, this was the first OCR event of the year for me and my friend (we try to do the Survivor Mud Run in the spring but didn't this year) though we did other runs like Color Run, Neon Run and a few other 5Ks.

OCR events are far more fun than standard 5Ks though I'm definitely feeling the affects of this Warrior Dash (both legs are bruised, scrapes on my arms and legs, massive road rash on my left elbow & lost my sunglasses). I wouldn't trade my wounds & experiences from this run for anything though.

Chorazin

That's the goal with my friend, though I will probably have to train like crazy for that one. Funny enough, this was the first OCR event of the year for me and my friend (we try to do the Survivor Mud Run in the spring but didn't this year) though we did other runs like Color Run, Neon Run and a few other 5Ks.

OCR events are far more fun than standard 5Ks though I'm definitely feeling the affects of this Warrior Dash (both legs are bruised, scrapes on my arms and legs, massive road rash on my left elbow & lost my sunglasses). I wouldn't trade my wounds & experiences from this run for anything though.

Awesome, I'm glad you aready are looking ahead to one! Just sign up for one early next year and train like hell, it definitely helps to have a goal!

Heck yeah they are way better! I freaking hate running, but I do it so I can run OCRs. In the past 13 months I've done two Tough Mudders, a Spartan Sprint, a Warrior Dash, three Zombie runs, and the GORUCK Nasty. It's addicting! Looking forward to running a ton more next year.

My legs were destroyed from the last TM, cuts and scrapes up and down both legs and arms, and nice deep bruises on my shoulders and the length of both shins. Damn that was fun!

Awesome, I'm glad you aready are looking ahead to one! Just sign up for one early next year and train like hell, it definitely helps to have a goal!

Heck yeah they are way better! I freaking hate running, but I do it so I can run OCRs. In the past 13 months I've done two Tough Mudders, a Spartan Sprint, a Warrior Dash, three Zombie runs, and the GORUCK Nasty. It's addicting! Looking forward to running a ton more next year.

My legs were destroyed from the last TM, cuts and scrapes up and down both legs and arms, and nice deep bruises on my shoulders and the length of both shins. Damn that was fun!

I think what's most hilarious about the medals for Warrior Dash is that they all double as bottle openers. Like they make no bones about people going for the beer tents immediately after the race.

I hate running too, but yeah, these are the only types of things that make me actually want to train due to how fun they are.

Which reminds me, I need some new shoes soon...

Chorazin

I think what's most hilarious about the medals for Warrior Dash is that they all double as bottle openers. Like they make no bones about people going for the beer tents immediately after the race.

I hate running too, but yeah, these are the only types of things that make me actually want to train due to how fun they are.

Which reminds me, I need some new shoes soon...

Salomon Speedcross 3's are my event and trail running/day hiking shoes. So much traction!

DTJAAAAM

10724049_693272734095552_1327022573_n.jpg

More games for the collection, a new Roku 2 to upgrade the one currently in the house, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S since I learned that a Surface Pro 3 just isn't for me.

Sadist

Last week was a good week. Won tickets for an Evil Within event in an amusement park here in Holland (got two tickets for free, they cost € 40 per ticket), won Smash Bros. and got that on friday... plus on satuday I received the Evil Within promo stuff while at the event. I should have gotten the game then as well... but they didn't receive it in time. So I got it today.

Might be time for that Lottery ticket I guess?

jk1s8SS2rOYSn.jpg

Atlas157

Got some good stuff from eBay.

I wanted to replay Final Fantasy VI so I bought Anthology. I know the load times are bad but I don't own a SNES anymore so it's good enough.

I bought this because I heard it's an excellent JRPG and I've been having a JRPG itch lately. Some of the early bosses in this game are brutal.

Just so I can get hyped for Bloodborne even more I got this. I only played Demon's Souls before this so I need to get back into it.

I got a new PS Vita TV! Finally!
ubFy98b.jpg

Time to get my game on! Gonna be friggin great!

Oh noes. I can't log in to my Australian account! #@?!$%!

Time to download that new firmware I guess... Get my Senran Kagura on! :-D

Then...

rKWnDi2.jpg

Just 486 minutes, you say?

Christ. -_-

49WN7Fe.jpg

Back to square one. Thanks, Sony! :-s

iSN45F5giz7yu.jpg

iMYMpiBydo1va.jpg

iz0Uci0bEdoHO.jpg

Handheld game console:
• Vita Slim with Adventure Mega Pack (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, TxK)

Headphones:
• AKG K240 Studio

Games:
• Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)
• Fantasy Life (3DS)
• Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PSV)
• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSV)
• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSV)
• Dragon Quest I (iOS)
• Dragon Quest II (iOS)
• Legend of Grimrock 2 (PC)
• Persona 4 Golden (PSV)
• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)

Handheld game console:
• Vita Slim with Adventure Mega Pack (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, TxK)

Headphones:
• AKG K240 Studio

Games:
• Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)
• Fantasy Life (3DS)
• Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PSV)
• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSV)
• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSV)
• Dragon Quest I (iOS)
• Dragon Quest II (iOS)
• Legend of Grimrock 2 (PC)
• Persona 4 Golden (PSV)
• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)

Mandatory:
maipHb0.gif

Also, great selection of games!

okay now I'm curious. is it always the same person posting this gif or is there a club cycling through watch duty? lol

lol, there does seem to be a merry band of us who post them! They aren't my creations, but I do adore them and think they really give a positive vibe for new Vita owners.

This one however, is mine - as I just this minute finished putting it together. I'm sure it will see some use next month :)

ii8unJsU3NS0Q.gif

.hacked

mdDrcLr.jpg

Snagged a Titanfall CE for about $10 after I trade in the copy of the game it came with (have it on the Xbox One). So glad I did not blow $250 on this.

javac

Very nice set of pick-ups, especially Steins;Gate!

Thanks :) I haven't seen both Geass and Steins;Gate so I look forward to watching them! My brother loves both a lot and they are both highly regarded but was I was pessimistic in regards to these shows to say the least until recently but my brothers enthusiasm towards the two finally got me to pull the trigger and I've taken a more open mind towards such shows. I'm confident that I'll enjoy them :)

bobawesome

Thanks :) I haven't seen both Geass and Steins;Gate so I look forward to watching them! My brother loves both a lot and they are both highly regarded but was I was pessimistic in regards to these shows to say the least until recently but my brothers enthusiasm towards the two finally got me to pull the trigger and I've taken a more open mind towards such shows. I'm confident that I'll enjoy them :)

Tell your brother some random guy on the internet says he has excellent taste! Both are some of my favorite pieces of anime.

Gurren Lagann is also pretty darn good, don't get me wrong. :p

javac

Tell your brother some random guy on the internet says he has excellent taste! Both are some of my favorite pieces of anime.

Gurren Lagann is also pretty darn good, don't get me wrong. :p

Haha I'll let him know! We both brag over who watches the better shows so that might be a point to him on this front :p Both do look great, I'm actually excited to watch them and can't wait! I'll let you my thoughts when I'm done with them :)

And yes, Lagann is amazing! :D

dodgeme

How about some PS2 love. Continuing to rebuild my PS2 collection. Got the two Devil Summoner games new from Amazon and the bottom three came on the cheap from a local game store. Always heard good things about God Hand and figured I may as well grab the MGS games on the cheap.

bigmac996

How about some PS2 love. Continuing to rebuild my PS2 collection. Got the two Devil Summoner games new from Amazon and the bottom three came on the cheap from a local game store. Always heard good things about God Hand and figured I may as well grab the MGS games on the cheap.

Good man! Awesome choices. Love the Devil Summoner games especially.

Just picked these two babies up today:

i5ulGXS.jpg

Still some good deals to be had in Japan. Lots of Saturn/DC games for under $4. Only expensive item was Guardian Heroes.
Also got some game soundtracks from Amazon Japan:

JEKKI

yo I got some fresh new gear from my new favorite online clothes store, the jack of all threads!!

10725065_1493766037542329_1046766659_n.jpg

and they even randomly threw in a stick of gilette deodorant!!

lol thanks, I guess??

Hawthorns

Picked up some bits and pieces from a local artist. Bookmark, stickers, keyrings, a magnet, and an original drawing, too. (These were actually all thrown in for free with the below prints.)

rFa2mCkl.jpg

Epic beard A3 prints. Excuse the quality here.

etLMY5Rl.jpg

And lastly, some new shoes. Nike SB Bruin for anyone who might wonder.

Xv5pf3pl.jpg

Took 5000 that I had sitting in savings and made a starter investment in a couple mutual funds.
You'll have to imagine that I've posted a picture of a mutual fund.

helloiamgary

Neo Member
I think this is my first pickups post, though it pretty apt that I've just returned from Japan with a case full of games and nonsense.

First pickup was a new lens for my X-E1, 27mm pancake.
gSb1qTOs.jpg

My pilgrimage to Super Potato, Denden town and Nakano Broadway resulted in a Super Famicom, N64 and 34 SF, N64, PS and PS2 games, 2 new Dualshock 4s and a charging dock that I picked up in Sofmap for half price used, which was spotless.
9eVD7xSs.jpg
NLKpQCEs.jpg
GVngPUWs.jpg
IVghKI6s.jpg
s8LYxsfs.jpg
IjZgbius.jpg
GMYqEj6s.jpg
iH1jxfrs.jpg

Bought a couple of model kits for the winter from the Ghibli Museum, and some nice metal Star Wars models
5JANBTds.jpg
dLMFCWbs.jpg

Due to the above purchases I had to upgrade my hand luggage so picked up a nice bag from Burton, weird built in hood and a dry mat for sitting on which came in very handy as Tokyo entertained me with 2 Typhoons while I was there.
l5YMC2bs.jpg

Came home to a 4670K for my PC build, a gallery 1988 Ghostbusters print, a care package from the states full of Poler hats and pocket quadcopters, and some new running shoes. And some dismembered limbs.
YBuM5res.jpg
w0r4lC4s.jpg
kLe4UQFs.jpg
IR5PKobs.jpg
GIxfZ7Hs.jpg

There's a wireless keyboard and mouse combo coming for my pc and 14 UGCs for the loose S Famicom games that hasn't arrived yet. Pretty heavy buying month, roll on payday.

Top Bottom