• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Chorazin

Lee N said:
Korg DS-10 Plus Limited Edition.

sgCLwVvgU.jpg

Pics of the insides?

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Marwan,

When are you getting yours in the UAE? After handling this thing all evening it is right up your alley. You will love it. LOVE IT.

Thexder Neo good? I still have to get GT Mobile. But I trust your judgement on the Squeenix game and will give it a go in the coming week.

Haters be damned...they were a foolish lot for months and I knew as soon as the machine was released that shit would disappear. I finally gave up going into Go threads because they were just about as bad as Wii threads.

i'm getting my PSP Go in a day or two since my friend ordered it from the states, he's getting it for me as a birthday gift(my bday was on aug 2ug 26th)

i'll be download GT PSP, but the reviews don't seem to be all that great, but i'' get it regardless

marwan said:
i'm getting my PSP Go in a day or two since my friend ordered it from the states, he's getting it for me as a birthday gift(my bday was on aug 2ug 26th)

i'll be download GT PSP, but the reviews don't seem to be all that great, but i'' get it regardless

GT is very good. Not only can you use your DS3 to play it but it feels like a GT game. Everything is there you want and you won't even care about a "real" career mode because there is a lot to do. I did just the events last night for 3 hours straight, those are a ton of fun.

shas'la

Desiato said:
http://i37.tinypic.com/20pwwvs.jpg[IMG]
CD+DVD

I've heard some bad thing about the new Polysics album, but I just finished it now and it's soooo good. Even though it's very short. At least the DVD has over 6 hours of footage![/QUOTE]

Its really polished, and i'd say there wernt as many potential singles on that album as there have been on past ones ( except for we at the machine which had like 2 .. maaaybe 3 ). But its solid, and hell its been ages since a poly album. Glad people (person) have picked it up !

dorkimoe said:
may i ask why so many people are getting black psp go's? havent you guys had enough black?

Personally, I prefer all my electronics to be black. Cell phones, TVs, mp3 players, consoles, dvd players, etc. I just prefer the look of the black devices (bought an elite 360 as soon as it launched to get rid of that ugly white box). It's just more aesthetically pleasing to me.

dorkimoe

FuttBuck said:
I didn't like the visible sparklies on the white one.

ahh

I had a white iphone and upgraded to the 3gs and got a black one. I wish i woulda stayed with white. White gathers 0 fingerprints compared to the black ones. That would be my only reasoning

.hacked

2rzb121.jpg

PSPgo white & black

vvtwx.jpg

10 PSPgo games
LocoRoco 2
Patapon 2
God of War
Gran Turismo
Resistance
Fate/Unlimited Codes
GUN
ManaKhemia
Soul Calibur
Dynasty Warriors StrikeForce

23vxfdy.jpg

Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Away We Go

Yes Boss! said:
t.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020477.jpg[/IMG]

Totally awesome gesture from memecomplex to send me these (if you need anything else from NA, don't hesitate to ask memecomplex!). Love:

P1020336.jpg

Cool! Didn't expect to see that on the pick-up post :)
Likewise Yes Boss! if you need anything from my part of the world, all you have to do is ask!

woodypop

Sephon said:
Almost completely gaming-unrelated.
But I bought a new jacket which some might recognize:
Thriller_Cut.jpg

I actually love it, it's a beauty.
lol, that's GREAT!

Dude, you should totally zombie-fy yourself and wear it out Halloween night!

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
finskninja said:
Man that pic just made my day! O´Brien and Roskopp nostalgia, man those were the days. Not a day goes by without me think of skateboarding again, damn how i miss it.

Then start doing it again. Or start to longboard. I am riding a Loaded Vanguard and orderd this wheels.

lelz forgot that posting pics from google is not done here :D

Lee N

Membre
Rummy Bunnz said:
Snap. Why does it say "Rydeen"? Is there a DS-10 arrangement on the cart or something?
Yeah, The Limited Edition comes preloaded with a version of Rydeen on the cart. Apparently it's arranged by Takahashi Yukihiro from YMO too...

ymmv

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
September pick-ups:

100_0542.jpg

Not too bad for $400.

I think you're the only person on the planet to have bought The Munchables. This must be Namco's worst selling game ever.

marwan

Banned
dorkimoe said:
may i ask why so many people are getting black psp go's? havent you guys had enough black?

cuz pearl white with glitter is ugly! if it were ceramic white, I'd be all over it!

pickups10-09-03.jpg

pickups10-09-02.jpg

pickups10-09-01.jpg

iPhone 3GS - Finally, after one year of my 2g iPhone I'm back on par.
Lost Season One and Two - Halfway through the second season now, still loving it.
The Beatles: Rock Band - One of my favourite games of this year.
Dirt 2 - Also high up my list this year.
The Orange Box - Bought because of Rebel FM's game club. Love Half Life 2 and own it on pc already, had to rebuy this though. :D

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:

Good show donkey! What an experience.

marwan said:
cuz pearl white with glitter is ugly! if it were ceramic white, I'd be all over it!

The glitter is really low-key. I think the photos are magnifying it. But, yeah, Sony and black are two peas in the same pod...just sick of fingerprints after all the other PSPs.

FOOTE

Yay! My Calabrine order came today!

The marvelous box.
IMG_0044.jpg

OMGWTFBBQ free stuff?
IMG_0045.jpg

My new Calabrine biwire speaker cables.
IMG_0046.jpg

Thought my sister deserved this as a little gift.
IMG_0047.jpg

Went ahead and picked this up too.
IMG_0048.jpg

botkiller

Tons of stuff in just a couple days:

20091003-eu73jsyq6q79nug9x9jr8dduyw.jpg

20091003-xtf59tycy226ppe33fesnq7kun.jpg

20091003-rh711tqa668feeunm48jfuuhdr.jpg

20091003-dft9cqnc1xt26qgstt2g3d5ut5.jpg

PSP Go + component cables (cradle is coming next week)

20091003-87mesry99n7pa55d3jra5gmyfn.jpg

Rain Design mStand

20091003-x1qw12gwiqxb56kas81nxefypg.jpg

Apple Wired Keyboard

20091003-dawe1eejaywiqbrrd22cdqsxew.jpg

Logitech Bluetooth mouse

20091003-d5fxb4k5cqkj6f9d9ur7hd6ipy.jpg

iPod Dock

20091003-jjkbdn9236fkjhc4n7119nmq5r.jpg

Work clothes

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
elektrixxx said:
Any particular reason why yours doesn't have the Reach beta sticker on it?
Sticker? I thought it was printed on..

edit:
What do you know, it is a sticker.

Virro

Gloomfire said:
Is there a way to get those Apple keyboards to work on a PC?

I had to change a registry file on my PC partition, but after I made the change and rebooted, everything worked just fine except for either the Tab or ~ key.

GQman2121

Banned
PSP Go with Hard Case.

91m1r4.jpg

Matching Sony ear buds. The white on the buds are actually made with the exact same glittery plastic as the Go. They were on sale and sound great. (model: MDR-EX75)

t5j18p.jpg

Grand Turismo

2vuzst2.jpg

Group photo, white power!

dq67bk.jpg

Got these:
Photo0095-1.jpg

Photo0108.jpg

Look how fucking big this card is!
Photo0114.jpg

Photo0112.jpg

Into this mess:
Photo0119.jpg

I really suck at neat wiring jobs... and I ran into so many issues putting together the thing. The 5870 wouldn't fit and I couldn't figure out how to remove a portion of the case, the non-stock heatsink came with lego-like instructions with pages 2-10 missing and it took me at least an hour to put that together, all the sata ports are covered up by the 5870 so when I tried to plug in my hdds... fffff... take out the card, plug in cables, put card back in, argh! THEN, a screw flew off of somewhere and fell inside the PSU that took another hour to fish out without breaking the thing open. Aaaand, the fans for the ram came with no instructions and I have no idea if they're on right. Ugh... I really wish I could get the cables done in a neater fashion.

JEKKI

whoo! starting off bone thugs month early with the first pickup!!

these are the 358/2 days of our lives

122hg6t.jpg

now come into my kingdom u can see that we are more than hearts

(more than hearts ~ more than hearts ~ more than hearts)

we just a little twist of harmony bud smokin lethal warriors

(warriors ~ warriors ~ warriors)

Yes Boss! said:
Good show donkey! What an experience.
They're such a small company and visiting their studios really puts into perspective the magnitude of stuff on their plate and what they've brought to the table in regards to the playing field. You could easily tell everyone loved working their though.

But I think the best pickup out of that whole time was the business and personal connections with Media Molecule. It's nice to know they have my back when I move over to England next year. =)

This one is my favorite shot there...

dsatmm07.JPG

It looks like I did something like cut a nasty one and their all bouncing out in disgust. :lol

First haul of the month:
b96hqf.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Strategy Guide,
The Bro Code,

2bu0ef.jpg

Umbrella Academy: Dallas TPB,
Dethklok's Dethablum II,
deadmau5' For Lack of a Better Name.

Not sure if this counts as a pick-up, but I did just create myself a fresh new 360 controller. Replaced the standard sticks with dualshock sticks and the d-pad with the d-pad from an old controller S.
IMG_0141.jpg

Truespeed

grap3fruitman said:
Into this mess:
Photo0119.jpg

I really suck at neat wiring jobs... and I ran into so many issues putting together the thing. The 5870 wouldn't fit and I couldn't figure out how to remove a portion of the case, the non-stock heatsink came with lego-like instructions with pages 2-10 missing and it took me at least an hour to put that together, all the sata ports are covered up by the 5870 so when I tried to plug in my hdds... fffff... take out the card, plug in cables, put card back in, argh! THEN, a screw flew off of somewhere and fell inside the PSU that took another hour to fish out without breaking the thing open. Aaaand, the fans for the ram came with no instructions and I have no idea if they're on right. Ugh... I really wish I could get the cables done in a neater fashion.

Ya, I know what you mean. It can be frustrating trying to build a clean looking system. But, once that cover is on who really cares, right? Unless, of course, you have a case window. You've built a system with impressive specs, but you should have probably have gone with a full/mid tower case instead of the mini tower Antec case. Also, a modular power supply would have gotten rid of a lot of those unused cables. Remember, that the Antec 300 has a decent cable management setup so try and snake all of those SATA and power supply cables through the side and into the back.

Here's a picture of my recently built system.

8yfdcj.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Android18a said:
I got Munchables too, but it was only like a tenner at The Hut.
Yep. $9 and change at Fry's. I remember it getting decent reviews so I decided I'd give it a shot. Not the greatest game but not bad...Especially for being so cheap.

Top Bottom