• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

I was going to ask about this because I figured it had to be a mistake. I'm guessing you didn't put him back on your ML roster before his rehab assignment ended and thus he became a free agent.

what the fuck

I didn't even know this was a thing, I thought I could let him hang out in triple A while I work out his trade options

I've been looking at peoples rosters so I apologize to people for getting back slowly but I had no idea this was a thing. fan interest crashed!!

brentech

Yea. You should have had a message saying his rehab assignment time was up and he needed to be activated or would be placed on waivers.

I think that the last sim happened when had like 3 days of rehab left, because I don't think I ever had that message? Maybe I missed it, but I should have just put him back in the majors soon. Can I still have him back? If not I guess it's my fault but I legit didn't know this was a thing so when I saw "3 days left" I just let it sit.

When you put a guy on rehab it tells you that for pitchers it is up to X number of days and for position players its up to Y number of days and after that you have to call them up.

brentech

Because he's found in FA and not on waivers, I don't have a way to know what his contract was. I believe he was currently in arbitration, but I still don't know the value that he should be getting paid this year if I do return him.
nvm: it's 7 million even

If this was DFA lapse, this dude would not be getting returned. There is enough warning on those.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just a heads up that today might be the last sim I'm going to make for about roughly a week, going on vacation and not sure I'm going to be able to find online in the middle of nowhere on my laptop until then.

Lost my starting RFer and starting Catcher for at least a month each :(

Good thing my elite pitching staff is still in tact. And I somehow managed to sign 2 of the 3 best international FA.

And good news for the Swingin' A's! Maybe you guys will finally have some coin to spend. The son doesn't appreciate his wealth- he didn't earn squat! Make it rain boy! ;)

This concept is so alien to me! GIMMIE DAT MONEY DOUGH.

LOL just got a mid-season report card from my owner of a week giving me shit for not executing on the goals he gave me last week. Thanks, boss!

And now I have a $20m DL stalwart in Zobrist. Man that contract was DUM.

In the morning I need to look up how WAR is calculated for pitchers because I don't understand how Johnny Cueto has accumulated almost double the value of Chase DeJong.

In the morning I need to look up how WAR is calculated for pitchers because I don't understand how Johnny Cueto has accumulated almost double the value of Chase DeJong.

Whenever there's a weirdness with WAR, the first place I look is at the fielding stats. It's why my rookie rule 5 LF Alex Abbott is at or near the top of the rookie power leaderboards while putting up scarcely half a win.

My outfield depth chart is now 3 guys who started the year below AAA and 2 guys I got off waivers. So many injuries!

I have the top 2 pitchers in the AL by ERA and neither one is going to the All Star game. They're also #1 and #2 in opponents average against (no idea how much of that is aided by my elite defense).

Brent, can you shop a player to the CPU for me please. I want to see if I can get anything in return for Ehire Adrianza. Trying to make room for some other players.

Also, Indians still hanging around a bit.

Seattle, your team ERA is pretty great. If you make the post-season you'll be a tough nut to crack, as long as your bats don't hibernate.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Rangers could wipe everyone out if they get even average pitching, if they get in the playoffs. But we all know what good pitching does to good hitting...most of the time.

Oh the injuries in Oakland. My starting 1B, LF, 2B all out for at least 3 months. My all star reliever Scribner out 4. 6 of my starting 9 started the year in Nashville lol.

And the owner died.

Brutal!

brentech

Brent, can you shop a player to the CPU for me please. I want to see if I can get anything in return for Ehire Adrianza. Trying to make room for some other players.

Seattle, your team ERA is pretty great. If you make the post-season you'll be a tough nut to crack, as long as your bats don't hibernate.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Rangers could wipe everyone out if they get even average pitching, if they get in the playoffs. But we all know what good pitching does to good hitting...most of the time.

37jYzvL.png

Yeah, a lot of my pitching success is built around my defense. All of the guys I started the season with were above average to elite. So far all the kids and waive guys I've acquired are keeping up the defense.

A big issue for my team if they make the playoffs is that 3 of my best hitters are running ridiculously lopsided platoon splits against lefties.

brentech

Yeah, a lot of my pitching success is built around my defense. All of the guys I started the season with were above average to elite. So far all the kids and waive guys I've acquired are keeping up the defense.

A big issue for my team if they make the playoffs is that 3 of my best hitters are running ridiculously lopsided platoon splits against lefties.

Year one and two, I tried my best to field the best defensive players regardless of their hitting ability. It really helped my pitchers and they actually did well at the plate, but come playoff time they couldn't hit.

Year one and two, I tried my best to field the best defensive players regardless of their hitting ability. It really helped my pitchers and they actually did well at the plate, but come playoff time they couldn't hit.

My offense was decent in April when everyone but Alex Jackson was healthy, its fallen off a bit as people have gotten hurt sadly. DJ Peterson hit his first 3 homers of the season during the last sim so I'm hoping he's finally regaining his power, he's been getting on base at a pretty nice clip. This is probably the best offense I've had since we started sadly.

At this point I'd be happy making the playoffs.

Next sim Brett Gardner and Lorenzo Cain come off the DL.

Meanwhile I'm going to punt defense in Arizona and play Brad Miller in CF and Robinson Cano at second. Cano hasn't played second all season!

SP Wei-Yin Chen is available for a complete salary dump. I can take back some salary as long as it's an expiring contract. He was pretty average until he got lit on fire in July. I just don't want to pay his buy-out if I don't have to, and I've got plenty of back-end of the rotation options.

Probably the only move I'll make. I rough month for my team, but I still like most of my pieces.

I'm hoping somebody gives Adam Jones a shot next year. He's putting up good numbers as a part-time DH, but it's just so hard for me to keep a guy that's not playable in the field. Maybe I'll try to re-sign him on the cheap.

Well apparently KJ Woods broke a bone in his elbow and is out 7 months. My decision to keep Yelich is easy!

Still working on an AJ Ramos or a Dee Gordon or a Mike Stanton deal with anyone who mentioned them

Oh! And my #2 78 overall guy Adam Conley is out an entire year with Tommy John Surgery!

What a season!!!!!

Seattle is looking for a competent backup ML catcher. Nothing crazy, just a guy who can not embarrass himself.

Edit: Actually Zunino is off the DL in a week so I'm good.

Rommel

Seattle is looking for a competent backup ML catcher. Nothing crazy, just a guy who can not embarrass himself.

Edit: Actually Zunino is off the DL in a week so I'm good.

If you change your mind Perez on my AAA club could be had. Have no room for him but he might start for some teams.

The Cardinals and Marlins have agreed to a trade.

Cardinals give:
SP Ian Anderson
2B Ryan Kriedler
CF Austin Beck

for

giancarlo-stanton-cardinals-marlins-rumor-stlcardinalbaseball1-360x240.jpg

So while we're at it ANY TAKERS FOR SPEEDSTER DEE GORDON AT 2B CAN BE HAD

Cards confirm.

I've somehow been able to lead the division, hoping this gives my team a nice boost until Bumgarner gets back. This gives me a hell of an outfield and a middle of the order.

It's increasingly looking like I'm playing for 2019. I alternate between feeling like I have a budding all-star team, and feeling like I'm just running out a collection of rushed prospects and AAAA vets. Adames has followed up his 4 WAR rookie season with a whopping .1 WAR. A great way to reward me for extending him through 2025! Correa has followed up his two 5 WAR seasons with a 2 WAR pace this year. Fine job for my de facto team captain. Bauer has been an enormous bust and has been replaced in my rotation by my top prospect Ponce. Who I'll probably ruin.

16-8 in July despite losing my entire outfield to injury. Two straight months of 16 wins, 12 games over .500 and only 2.5 up on Texas :(

Zunino off the DL and down to AAA to rehab a bit.

Brent, is it too late to do a trade check with the CPU for Brett Lawrie and Marcus Semien if space available? Need to rebuild. No worries if it's too late.

Top Bottom