• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Another great sim, but Machado is going to miss a week with an injury. I'm really happy with my offense. Bundy seems to be pitching well this year.

Excited for the draft. I just changed my pick at #1 this morning. Hoping my original guy drops to 8, if not there's a lot of comparable talents that should be there.

finally, Mets starting rotation and bullpen have reached their potential. best staff in the league, starters ERA 2.56 and bullpen ERA 2.14

I love it - trade the farm for Bauer, so of course Correa had to get hurt and lose a month.

If I miss the playoffs I'm not going to be pleased.

Pleased with the Twins start so far. If we keep it up, we're a year or two ahead of schedule. It's a long season though, but good pitching- especially out of the pen, solid defense, and an offense that can put pressure on you in various ways have us playing well at the moment. Hopefully we can keep it up. The fans are coming out (after lowering ticket prices(again), signing/extending a couple of popular players, and playing well early), and we're winning at a nice clip in the improved home environment. There's a bit of a buzz at the park.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heyward now injured. I don't think I've gone through a whole season yet without having multiple outfielders hit by injury.

brentech

Cleveland reminds the league that players are available. Especially those older than 24.

Today will be a one day sim. Just getting us through the draft so people can make initial offers on this garbage class. 7 day sims return tomorrow. Just be aware that if they allow a renegotiation, your second offer is likely your last.

My scout pretty much hated everybody in the draft. Which sucks cause my minor leagues are horrible too.

AZ will move a kings ransom for Miller... Tell me what it would take.

Lol I knew he was gonna be the only person anybody wanted. Everybody else on my team is trash or on the decline with horrible contracts.

Fuck I suddenly have an outfield jam

young KJ woods started terribly but is cranking in RBIs and homers a plenty. stanton started hot and cooled down, but he's stanton. and ozuna's been playing great

what to do

brentech

A trade is looming. Final confirmation required.

Cleveland sends:
SP Matt Moore

Balitmore sends:
C Matt Wieters (GOBL, involved to make the money work)
SP Tyler Wilson (AAA)
SP Ofelky Peralta (Sal, A)
SP Cole Sands (GCL, R)
LF Brody Wofford (CAR, A)

Just an update, this is true regardless of the sim. I think one of the outfielders must go.

These others are on the block.

Giancarlo Stanton RF
Matt Garza SP
Henderson Alvarez SP
Dee Gordon 2B/SS
AJ Ramos RP
Christian Yelich LF
Marcell Ozuna CF

Just an update, this is true regardless of the sim. I think one of the outfielders must go.

These others are on the block.

Giancarlo Stanton RF
Matt Garza SP
Henderson Alvarez SP
Dee Gordon 2B/SS
AJ Ramos RP
Christian Yelich LF
Marcell Ozuna CF

what type of players you looking for in return for one of Yelich or Ozuna?

what type of players you looking for in return for one of Yelich or Ozuna?

Good ones!

It's kind of hard to say, I have prospects I like at every position but as you know you can never have enough of them or pitching.

And before I keep going it kind of depends on the sim---but I think at this stage I am more ready to unload Stanton and his salary. I may keep onto Ozuna till the off-season cause I got a CF up-and-coming and I think he should be ready for the big leagues soon. KJ Woods strikes out too much but I like his chances of developing, if not I've got plenty coming up.

Doing the All-Star voting, holy shit at some of these guys with ridiculous stats. I need me one of those!!!
Holy shit my own 1B leading the NL in WAR. This is the guy Purple mentioned that I was benching but the guy I started the season with was playing like trash. this new guy has been amazing

brentech

And down goes Brantley lol. I feel your pain Brent.

Yeah, just couldn't trust him to be available. I definitely had the money, and kind of regretted not making him an offer when the season was starting, but due to how my replacement played (really well) and the rest of my older players played (shitty), I'm glad I mostly stayed away from FAs.

Rommel

Yeah, just couldn't trust him to be available. I definitely had the money, and kind of regretted not making him an offer when the season was starting, but due to how my replacement played (really well) and the rest of my older players played (shitty), I'm glad I mostly stayed away from FAs.

Good thing I have decent backup options.

I hope my first rounder signs. If he does it means I got 2 60+ potential players in a pretty mediocre draft.

I was looking through my low minors, my new scout hates the guy my old scout drafted in the first round last year :(

My team is so hot right now. 14-3 in June, 1/2 game back in the division. My offense has been great this year, and hopefully with Moore at the top of my rotation I'll start making strides on that side of the field. Also signed Moore to what I thought was a pretty good extension, 6 years/$67.5 Million w/ a player option after 5. Figure he'd get more than that if he hit free agency and he's been pretty consistent throughout his career. This season is going much better than I expected.

My team is so hot right now. 14-3 in June, 1/2 game back in the division. My offense has been great this year, and hopefully with Moore at the top of my rotation I'll start making strides on that side of the field. Also signed Moore to what I thought was a pretty good extension, 6 years/$67.5 Million w/ a player option after 5. Figure he'd get more than that if he hit free agency and he's been pretty consistent throughout his career. This season is going much better than I expected.

Yeah, you've turned the O's around in a hurry. Pretty dramatic about-face. Last season was about as putrid as it gets.

0-7 sim lol

officially going to blow this shit up. I've been taking a look at the teams I'd trade with but yeaaaaah time to do this for real

brentech

Fucking Bauer. Another blow-up. Now 1-3 with an 8 ERA. Miguel Gonzalez, the jewel of my offseason, has been atrocious too. Sigh.
God damn. He really took the trade hard.

Meanwhile the Indians are forgetting how to fully tank and posting above .500 sims since I made my two big trades. Makes no sense.

Man is Mike Trout having a year. .348-10-40, 1.038 OPS, 195 wRC+, 4.6 WAR. Given the down year he had in 2017, this is a hell of a rebound.

Man is Mike Trout having a year. .348-10-40, 1.038 OPS, 195 wRC+, 4.6 WAR. Given the down year he had in 2017, this is a hell of a rebound.

He's basically the entire Angels offense.

Rough sim, on the one hand I moved back into first and my number 1 pick signed, on the other hand I lost my starting CFer who was on 4 win pace for 6 weeks.

Well, Bauer's out of the rotation until he decides to stop sucking. Can't contend when you're 'ace' is allowing 8 runs a game.

Meanwhile, a rule 5 guy, Alex Abbott has been a big highlight of my offense! I seem to have success pulling guys out of other teams' low minors and putting them right in my starting lineup.

Brent if you have time, can you shop Ehire Adrianza for me. Thanks.

And good news for the Swingin' A's! Maybe you guys will finally have some coin to spend. The son doesn't appreciate his wealth- he didn't earn squat! Make it rain boy! ;)

Whoa whoa whoa

I had Yelich on his rehab assignment but now he's a free agent? Did I do something wrong? I did not want to cut his ass...

Whoa whoa whoa

I had Yelich on his rehab assignment but now he's a free agent? Did I do something wrong? I did not want to cut his ass...

I was going to ask about this because I figured it had to be a mistake. I'm guessing you didn't put him back on your ML roster before his rehab assignment ended and thus he became a free agent.

Top Bottom