• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Trade processed. 7 Day sim will be available in 5-10min
Note: Start making your draft list now. It will be coming up in just a few sims, and we're going to get right into it.

Trade processed. 7 Day sim will be available in 5-10min
Note: Start making your draft list now. It will be coming up in just a few sims, and we're going to get right into it.

Hey, the transaction log says Carbonell was traded to me on 5/19, but he's still on the Twins and looking at the game log he has stats from a game for them on 5/25. Not sure what happened there. The guys I traded to MIN look like free agents.

brentech

Hey, the transaction log says Carbonell was traded to me on 5/19, but he's still on the Twins and looking at the game log he has stats from a game for them on 5/25. Not sure what happened there. The guys I traded to MIN look like free agents.

Interesting. This has happened before on a couple trades. Trade happens, and game instantly releases them. All I can do is go into editor now and force them onto a team.

Reuploading file with no sim, just placed players on teams. The minor league guys are on Twins DRL

Untitled_zpsdogrfcmt.png

I like how STEVE NOGOSEK's name is in all caps

eznark

Banned
Torn Labrum's in this game are like the death sentence. Engelb Vielma retiring at 23 over a labrum tear seems dumb.

Also, Jake Peavy is twirling if anyone needs a rental. If not I'll probably move him to a CPU team.

Torn Labrum's in this game are like the death sentence. Engelb Vielma retiring at 23 over a labrum tear seems dumb.

I know right. I would have been really annoyed if he was one of my prized prospects.

And piggybacking on the earlier comment, this draft really does seem underwhelming. Well, on the plus side, it's the first year I'm not near the top of the board, so I can't complain too much. Still, it would be nice to have a plethora of options to flesh out your farm system. I'm sure some of these guys will really surprise down the road, but it's going to be even more of a lottery than normal.

brentech

Sim is available.

Indians have come off the tracks, it's fire sale time. Kluber injured 4-5mo, Logan Vick (starting RF, team HR leader and 2nd in RBI) also injured 4-5 months.
Kluber fractured elbow, Vick a concussion.

Rommel

Sim is available.

Indians have come off the tracks, it's fire sale time. Kluber injured 4-5mo, Logan Vick (starting RF, team HR leader and 2nd in RBI) also injured 4-5 months.
Kluber fractured elbow, Vick a concussion.

d24bb983-353e-4af4-88c8-36279369ab21_large.gif

I've heard Bauer wants to play in AZ

6-1 sim and Daniel Carbonell hit 4 HRs as my new clean-up hitter. Machado is having a killer season.

Jaime Garcia has been dealing his past 2 starts. Britton's been one of the best closers in baseball. If I can get over .500 and in the race, I might look to making a move for a starter.

Draft class seems okay according to my scout, though a lot of the guy he's highest on OSA doesn't like. A lot of OFs, which I guess is good for me, though I'd like a premium starting pitcher most.

Daniel Carbonell hit 4 HRs as my new clean-up hitter.

WHAT! Someone hacked my account and made that trade! We've got to fix this!
JK, Actually he didn't like my manager-not interested in extending, and I love the prospects I got in return, and I wanted to give the Tanner English/Randal Grichuk combo a go in right. I'm glad he's playing well for you. He was actually a waiver wire pick up for me, but my scout loved him more than I did. I think he'll probably continue to produce good power #s for a while though.

Just looking at the All Star voting, there are already SIX second basemen in the AL with over 1 WAR accumulated, and a 7th at 0.9 WAR.

Avisail Garcia has already surpassed his career best in WAR and its only June.

Also Mike Trout is somehow listed as a Left Fielder and has almost 4 WAR already.

Jason Hursh is having an incredible season and has like a 0.60 ERA but I can't vote for him for the ASG. I can vote for Wislers sorry ass though

Alex Gordon is actually having a good season finally. Now that he's on the last year of his contract and all of his rating have went to shit. He'll probably get hurt for the season in the next few weeks anyway

Yeah I hate how you can't pick more starters. For example Chase DeJong is my best starter but he's not on the ballot.

2nd in the AL in ERA
4th in Wins
1st in Hits per 9
2nd in Ks
2nd in Ks/9
1st in opponents average
2nd in WHIP

Alas.

The game also thinks Chris Young is my LFer even though Gardner started more games and Young is on the DL. And it has Trayce Thompson as my CFer on the ballot even though Cain has started almost every game.

2-7 vs Houston, 23-19 against everyone else.

WHAT! Someone hacked my account and made that trade! We've got to fix this!
JK, Actually he didn't like my manager-not interested in extending, and I love the prospects I got in return, and I wanted to give the Tanner English/Randal Grichuk combo a go in right. I'm glad he's playing well for you. He was actually a waiver wire pick up for me, but my scout loved him more than I did. I think he'll probably continue to produce good power #s for a while though.

Yeah, my scout liked both the guys I sent to you so it's probably a fair deal if one of them pans out. He's been a huge upgrade over the trash I've been running out there. Not too many holes left in my line-up, now I just need to fix my rotation.

Alright, so this isn't the year I'm dealing Jose.

BUT...

These others are on the block.

Giancarlo Stanton RF
Matt Garza SP
Henderson Alvarez SP
Dee Gordon 2B/SS
AJ Ramos RP

Also willing to deal LF Yelich at the right price. Same with CF Ozuna. Fuck it, everybody's on the block!!!

Want mostly pitching in return but would check everything.

Alright, so this isn't the year I'm dealing Jose.

BUT...

These others are on the block.

Giancarlo Stanton RF
Matt Garza SP
Henderson Alvarez SP
Dee Gordon 2B/SS
AJ Ramos RP

Also willing to deal LF Yelich at the right price. Same with CF Ozuna. Fuck it, everybody's on the block!!!

Want mostly pitching in return but would check everything.

I might be interested in Yelich, gonna have to look at it.

brentech

**Trade**

Cleveland Sends:
SP Trevor Bauer

Houston Sends:
RF Ronald Washington (NYP, SA)
RP Keith Weisenberg (App Rookie)
SP Kyle Cody (Mid A)

brentech

Cleveland's "overall fan interest almost crashed". They didn't like that, but this major league team is sunk. It's all about that AA championship boys!

Rommel

Literally just read your PM. Cleveland front office phones rattling off the hook.
acheron and I actually switched our trade from 2 of my relievers to Bauer and an extra pint of blood.

Ronald is a stud not going to lie... It will be nice keeping Baker, too bad Moore only has this year left or else I would have had some interest.

Ronald is a stud not going to lie... It will be nice keeping Baker, too bad Moore only has this year left or else I would have had some interest.

Washington and Weisenberg were my #1 and #2 prospects by my ratings. Losing them seriously hurts. But Bauer's contract can't be denied.

Tribe looking to the future. Well, your run came tantalizingly close, like the '97 rl Indians- well, maybe not THAT close.

Heartbreak in Cleveland, art imitating life...or something.

brentech

Tribe looking to the future. Well, your run came tantalizingly close, like the '97 rl Indians- well, maybe not THAT close.

Heartbreak in Cleveland, art imitating life...or something.

Really thought this could be my year. ALCS exit > WS exit > WS Champs?
Picked up some important pieces, but guys like Gomes and Chisenhall who lead my team in RBIs last year have done nothing, and my team just couldn't score. Then Kluber broke and my relievers were mostly bad all year. Have to go all in my the future.

brentech

huh, how has Weisenberg used 3 option years, but 0 days of ML service, and was in your Minor Leagues? Is there something I don't understand about option years? I understand he has a ML contract, and has to be on the 40 man, but it won't let me put him in the minors. Seems odd.

huh, how has Weisenberg used 3 option years, but 0 days of ML service, and was in your Minor Leagues? Is there something I don't understand about option years? I understand he has a ML contract, and has to be on the 40 man, but it won't let me put him in the minors. Seems odd.

I have no idea. OOTP be OOTPing.

brentech

I let it sim to the day of the draft. Tomorrow, the draft happens. Make sure you have your lists in order. All 5 of those important picks.

Annddd OOTP moved all the players we traded around again. I don't get it. Going to place them on correct teams and re-upload, please don't make changes at this moment until update goes through.

The Braves are willing to trade anybody! Well except Shelby Miller. We need offense. Got a lot of good young fast defensive players. 70+ speed and defensive ratings!

Top Bottom