• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Letting everyone know that Pedro Stroop will be on waivers if anyone needs a cheap reliever. Hasn't been good this year, but OSA likes him and he could be useful if anyone is desperate. Just needed to make room for young guys.

Finally have everyone off the DL. The rest of the season is going to be very important regarding how my pitching is going to shake out for the future. Hunter Harvey has been lights out in the pen as a set-up man, also going multiple innings (3+) a couple times. I'm moving him to the rotation to see how he does, but I feel like at worst he's a high leverage reliever. Kellogg has been good this year as a late innings reliever, but I'm giving him a shot in the rotation down the stretch. Instead of a rehab assignment, Gausmen is going to the pen. I've got the most invested in him so he'll probably join the rotation at some point. Keeping Davies in the rotation just because he's preformed way better than I ever expected, but he's probably the next guy to get sent down.

Well that was a horrible sim, pitchers crapped the bed. Stanton was fantastic so it wasn't his fault. I need Bumgarner back ASAP. Looks like it's going to be a tight race between me, the Cubbies and the Pirates. Big series for the Pirates killing me that sim.

Oh, and big sim this week for me, 3 v CHI and 3 v PHI.

Ugh Texas go away!

Its funny, Seattle and Texas are basically exact opposites in what they're good at and we're basically tied for first.

I have 7 games coming up with the Rangers in the next 11 days, and I'm a bit concerned. My bats have been slumping collectively a bit, and it's not the time for it. Maybe their pitching will be the cure-all.

Mets with the best record in baseball right now!! Just destroyed the Padres and Giants with our offense too!! its all clicking at the right time

brentech

League File Update is available.

Indians had a 9 game win streak....how the world is this happening? Maybe it's for the best that one of my SP went down with a partially torn labrum. =\
Not really, he's only 24 and is now listed as fragile

dac15_tired.gif

brentech

Cleveland's future looks bright though. Young pitching is playing well. 22yo Justus Sheffield has now played 19 games in GOBL and has a 3.83 ERA.
Before getting injured, Mitch Brown had played 12 games, age 24, with a 3.88 ERA.
I might be able to compete in another year or two's time if my owner doesn't kill my budget. I have A LOT of money for signings should nothing change.

I have another two SPs in AA that are 21/22 and probably ready to get into the bigs next season.

AA team is 92-36, going for that minor league championship!

I got three starts before Ponce blew up for the year. Well done, top prospect.

I rotated about half my front office this sim. Need to send a message. It is always fun to see what your players are rated after changing scouting directors.

Okay, welp, now Oakland goes on an 8-2 run and is only 2.5 back. With 2 guys from the waiver wire in the starting lineup, and a starting catcher I picked up off the free agent scrap heap.

Sure, why not.

I decided to bring up William Wallace. He just turned 20, but I think he's ready to give it a go. He's going to provide stellar defense and offers more pop and speed than Adrianza or Altuve. He's not a leader, but I've got enough of those on this team. Time for the Twins to get serious. Need to make a post-season push while we're in the thick of things this year, even though we're a year (or two) ahead of schedule in terms of my plans.

I didn't really expect to be @ or near the top of the Central most of this year, but have to try and strike while you can. You never know what type of issues may thwart your future.

brentech

5 Day Sim is in processing right now. Meant to do it earlier, but totally forgot.
This takes us to Sept. 1, roster expansion. Give it 10 minutes or so to go up.

1.5 back of the AL West, 2 back of the Wild Card. Can I finally end the longest playoff drought in baseball?

And of course another sim and another injured player, this time Lorenzo Cain for the second time. At least he will be back before the playoffs.

I didn't call up too many of my guys, a lot of my minor league teams look close to the playoffs so I'll wait and see how that goes.

So uh, sorry for just up and disappearing for two months. I started working 50 and 60 hour weeks for awhile and then my computer broke. I did a poor job communicating that in this thread. My bad. I hope whoever took over the Angels continued my tradition of shitting the bed in the first round of the playoffs.

brentech

So uh, sorry for just up and disappearing for two months. I started working 50 and 60 hour weeks for awhile and then my computer broke. I did a poor job communicating that in this thread. My bad. I hope whoever took over the Angels continued my tradition of shitting the bed in the first round of the playoffs.

Heh, funny enough, I meant to, but never remembered to turn them onto CPU control, so you are still the GM

Heh, funny enough, I meant to, but never remembered to turn them onto CPU control, so you are still the GM

Well if no one has any objections I would like to take over again. I'm not working any long weeks (website is launched) and Windows 10 unfucked itself with a couple of big updates on my laptop (it was seriously fubard for awhile there, no matter how many clean installs I did) so I'll be there every day.

brentech

Well if no one has any objections I would like to take over again. I'm not working any long weeks (website is launched) and Windows 10 unfucked itself with a couple of big updates on my laptop (it was seriously fubard for awhile there, no matter how many clean installs I did) so I'll be there every day.

Have at it, it's yours in the waiting

Missed a couple sims because I was out of town. Falling in the standings, but a positive season for the most part. Played up to my original expectations, got a much improved rotation for next season, Machado had a killer year (and stayed healthy), and only have a handful of holes left that I want to plug in the offseason. Better depth on the big league roster would be a huge help. Should have money to spend.

Wow! I'm above .500 and only 5 games back of the wildcard with a 3.1% chance of making the playoffs!

6 game winning streak and 8 of the last 10!

Other than a horrible 8-20 record in June my team hasn't been that bad. Should've been paying more attention but that month destroyed my interest in this season.

Playoff odds down to 46% :( Toukki Touissant stunk it up in 2 starts so to the bullpen he goes!

It would really be nice if John Aiello suddenly remembered that he's a top hitting prospect!

Rommel

Playoff odds down to 46% :( Toukki Touissant stunk it up in 2 starts so to the bullpen he goes!

It would really be nice if John Aiello suddenly remembered that he's a top hitting prospect!

Surprised you brought him up so soon, always thought he was at least another year away. If his command gets up to par he should be a stud.

Surprised you brought him up so soon, always thought he was at least another year away. If his command gets up to par he should be a stud.

AAA season was over and he's already on the 40. I got kind of hurt this year by having to add a lot of guys who don't seem 40 ready to the 40, since its September I might as well try. Alex Cobb wasn't gonna make my rotation again next year so its kind of an open try out between Touki, Flaherty and Gutierrez.

brentech

7 day sim is uploading. That leaves something like 5 days in the regular season. Next sim will go through those remaining days. If I notice a final game that could decide a playoff spot, I'll try to stop it short.

eznark

Banned
7 day sim is uploading. That leaves something like 5 days in the regular season. Next sim will go through those remaining days. If I notice a final game that could decide a playoff spot, I'll try to stop it short.

Oh man just made it in. I think I would have lost Moran (he was out of DL days) again!

brentech

Woot, my AA team, with a record of 103-39 on the season also won the league going 3-0 in the playoff series. I feel like I have a lot of guys on the cusp of the bigs, and a couple that will definitely be brought up for next season.

The Nationals and the Cardinals have a game and a half separating them. Phillies at 84 wins.
While in the AL the Red Sox and Twins are at 87 games a piece, but the Sox are on a 4 game skid. Mariners sitting on 84 wins would need some real help.

Top Bottom