• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Aren't the Mariners virtually tied in the AL West with the Rangers? I'm not looking at it now, but I thought they were only 1/2 game out. If so, that's their best road to the playoffs.

Twins are looking good to make their first post-season trip since we started. I'm not bubbling with optimism about our prospects once we get in, but we're good enough this year that anything could conceivably happen. I was hoping to win the division and have home-field cooking for a series or two. We've been very good @ home. Division is a real long-shot at this point and Wild Card is a lottery.

Yeah got the league loaded up just now. I'm 1/2 game back with 5 to go and 2 of those 5 are against Texas. It looks like it would be Taijuan Walker vs Jordan Zimmerman and Felix Hernandez vs Martin Perez.

After that I have 3 games against the Oakland A's and Texas has 4 against the Angels.

So if I win the last two against Texas I'd have a 1.5 game lead. It is gonna be close for sure.

Ending the season on a 12 game losing streak seems appropriate. Fucking scrubs.

Gotta love an 18-11 May giving me hope (and making me go all-in with the Bauer deal) then not having another winning month the rest of the season. And thank fuck I signed Adames through 2025. I look forward to another 7 seasons of .190/.275/.300 from a guy who put up 4 WAR as a rookie. I think I got Listach'd.

Man, Stanton really shit the bed.

tumblr_n9ysnciIZK1ry46hlo1_r1_500.gif

He's been way better for the Cardinals than he was for me though.

Thought he had like a 1.2 WAR over 120 games?
A bit more than that but I've only had him for a month and he's hit 10 bombs or so in that time.y biggest pickup has been Lucroy I think, he's been hitting like a madman since signing him. So thanks for that one.

eznark

Banned
A bit more than that but I've only had him for a month and he's hit 10 bombs or so in that time.y biggest pickup has been Lucroy I think, he's been hitting like a madman since signing him. So thanks for that one.

I'm sure he would have gotten me up over the 70 win hump

Man, Stanton really shit the bed.

Well, there's always taking comfort in that budget-friendly contract. :p

I'm happy we get the Yankees at home. In a one-game situation, you'd definitely prefer that. We've played very well at home this season, so I hope it carries over in this elimination game.

Regardless, I'm happy with the team's direction. After 4 seasons, I've started to be able to mold the team to my liking. We're a balanced team that doesn't have any glaring deficiencies and we're starting to have some funds to work with. (Bye Bye Mauer. ;) Although he had a pretty good final year for me.) Every season is a new beast, but I like the way things are trending for the Twins.

Ehhh, I moved Heyward last season with the expectation of pushing hard for Stanton so the contract isn't the end of the world. My window is open for a few years so I'm good with it.

Well, being the Twins GM, I think in different terms. I can't help it. If I had your kind of money to spend, I'd gorge on big deals without choking too. I'm not jealous or anything though... :p

Woo, narrow victory. Only had 1 win vs Washington all year and decided to roll with Wacha over Bumgarner, looks like it was the right choice.

Get the ol' Wong vs Goldschmidt rematch going on.

Nice start to the post-season. Few things are more satisfying than eliminating the Yankees, and now if we can win one of the next three, it's on to the ALCS.

I think I'd rather face the Red Sox than the Rangers in the ALCS. My defense is great and my pitching has been very good as well, but I just have a feeling that we'll struggle against Texas. Maybe I'm wrong though, and I'm just happy to be in this position whoever we face. Hopefully we can keep it going.

And yeah, Gallo is insane so far in his young career. I'm hoping I have my version of him in Jarid Joseph, but he's struggled in a season-plus in the minors. Maybe he's bored.

With the lack of responses, I can only hope those that remain the playoffs are keeping up.
Sim is going up right now.

Yeah, I'm tuned in- like always. Just biting my nails over this tough series. :p

Things could really go either way. I just hope we're able to quiet their bats enough to squeak through.

brentech

3 day sim is up. I can't see it yet, but I think there is a chance one of the series continues for a 1 day sim. I'll be heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow morning and back Monday to sim.

Top Bottom