• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Heck of a sim there. SP only gave up 1 ER over the 3 games, first time my bullpen gave up runs this post-season unfortunately.

Yeah, great but heart-breaking sim. The 11-inning pivotal game 5 went your way, but we're heading back home, so there's hope. It's been a great and tight series so far. I wish Buxton would wake up. It'll be an exciting finish to a great season, either way.

Posey and Heyward have been disappointing so far.

Time to move in the fences!

Or start the fire sale. :p

Keep the Cards in mind if you're moving Posey at some point.

Yeah, great but heart-breaking sim. The 11-inning pivotal game 5 went your way, but we're heading back home, so there's hope. It's been a great and tight series so far. I wish Buxton would wake up. It'll be an exciting finish to a great season, either way.
Yeah, Stanton has been poor this series. Kivlehan and my Pitchers have got me to this point.

I can't wait until I get home, can someone post the scores of the last game(s) pretty please =)

You won game 6 'shaska! (4-1) Congratulations!

Twins had a great year. We're young and talented in most spots, we've got some money to spend and we're excited to try to get back to the Series! We exceeded my expectations, and came up just short of taking it all.

That's 4 straight wins for the NL though. Enough is enough, no?

You won game 6 'shaska! (4-1) Congratulations!

Twins had a great year. We're young and talented in most spots, we've got some money to spend and we're excited to try to get back to the Series! We exceeded my expectations, and came up just short of taking it all.

That's 4 straight wins for the NL though. Enough is enough, no?
Thanks sync, congrats on a good year and nice series.

Can't believe I won this year, didn't expect it after the first half of the year. Came on strong the second half of the year. Looks like Wacha and Martinez killed it inthe ppost season for me. Think they went 10-0 or something like that.

I've got a nice chunk of my roster coming back and some payroll getting freed up so I should be in good shape again next year.

Time to see what tricks this bitch Loria is up to.

What the fuck I need to acquire a home town player

Team payroll 85 million lol

Team payroll up to $170mm. I need to acquire an All Star, anyone got an All Star LFer or CFer they want to give me?

My entire bullpen is up for arbitration, weeeee.

Time to see what tricks this bitch Loria is up to.

What the fuck I need to acquire a home town player

Team payroll 85 million lol
I've had that goal for a few years now, I've basically ignored it.

Congrats to the Cards! The hyumahns triumph once more.
Thanks thanks.

Team payroll up to $170mm. I need to acquire an All Star, anyone got an All Star LFer or CFer they want to give me?

My entire bullpen is up for arbitration, weeeee.
I have a stacked OF, both in the majors and getting ready to play. Lets talk.

The new owner, that replaced the old owner with like a month to go in the season, and who changed every single goal for the year when he took over, is pissed that I didn't meet the goals he set 4 weeks before the season ended.

Wants me to come up with an $18m positive balance on the books by the end of this year or it's my ass.

And then he gives me an Oakland payroll and I have contracts that give me no flexibility this year.

I'm getting fired!!

brentech

The new owner, that replaced the old owner with like a month to go in the season, and who changed every single goal for the year when he took over, is pissed that I didn't meet the goals he set 4 weeks before the season ended.

Wants me to come up with an $18m positive balance on the books by the end of this year or it's my ass.

And then he gives me an Oakland payroll and I have contracts that give me no flexibility this year.

I'm getting fired!!

Good thing firing is turned off!

Owner review went pretty well. I had easy goals, so It wasn't too difficult. I need to build up my farm system, which is easier said than done. I've got $110M team payroll with only $63M on the books. Should be able to be a pretty big spender in FA and can take on big contracts in trades. Looking to improve at catcher if anyone is dealing.

Marcus Semien (3.3 WAR, 60 SS, under control through 2020, $3mish salary) on the block.

Would like high potential A or AA player in return. Or can package with 30+ OVR reliever for AAA.

Brad Miller is available as well. I forget his OVR but he's got a 50 defensive rating and just put up 2.8 WAR and a 134 wRC+. He's signed through 2023 and only making like $5 million right now. I'd be willing to swap him for a similarly skilled OFer or prospects.

Flaherty did well for you this year.

He's probably going to take Cobb's spot in the rotation next season as his September call up went well enough.

I feel like Brad Miller has been available forever

Well short stop is one of the positions I have a ton of depth/talent at. I have Chris Taylor, Ketel Marte and now John Aiello who can all play SS. Marte and Taylor are both amazing second basemen as well. Brad Miller is the best offensive player of the 4 but he only really plays SS (and sort of CF after I tried him there for a season). If Aiello hadn't skyrocketed through my system I probably wouldn't have tried to move Miller so much. As it is I played Marte at second last year and moved Cano to DH, but at some point I have to find a spot for Aiello to play (he's decent at third but I also have Kyle Seager unless someone wants to trade for him!).

I don't really have any CFers worth a shit that are close to ML ready. I've got some LFers that might be ready next season and two ML ready RFers in Alex Jackson and Austin Wilson. So it is mostly about trying to allocate resources in ways that make sense.

Guys I'm totally willing to part with:

Austin Wilson
Brad Miller
Dan Vogelbach
Chris Taylor
Kyle Seager
Robinson Cano (haha no one wants him)

Like I said, my biggest areas of need are LF/CF and maybe first base.

Top Bottom