• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Not sure if it's a glitch in the game or what, but the website is showing that Larry walker (my gm) was hired by San Diego and that Colorado hired Tekum Seh. I'm pretty sure I saw that I was the Rockies but it has me second guessing

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I think I have everything sorted out and I've uploaded my file. Pretty excited to get going!

Beckx

Got the league files up and running no problems.

Owner wants me win the world series in 4 years. Well, considering everyone will probably be gone after that, it's reasonable.

Also, he wants an upgrade at First Base? Fine, Alvarez is going to surprise you, too.

DAMN IT CLINT, LET ME CHANGE THE PITCHING STAFF AND LINEUPS!!! Shit. I like messing around with that stuff. Oh well.

Sanjuro

I created a Google+ community for us to talk about all hot stove items. See you there!

EDIT: Fuck. Bob has a LiveJournal ready.

KaYotiX

Banned
Stick around, a few teams look to be opening up soon

I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. If u need to replace me then that's fine. My job requires me to be out of town every other day. If I'm still in I'll try to get my shit done asap every time I'm home.

Is there a way to withdraw contract offers? I accidentally offered a contract to a scout that I don't need. Was trying to find out how to do that before I upload my file.

So I've got everything ready to go. How far do we "advance" the league before uploading again? Or is that part done by you? I'm still a bit fuzzy!

eznark

Banned
So I've got everything ready to go. How far do we "advance" the league before uploading again? Or is that part done by you? I'm still a bit fuzzy!

There will be a new file to download tomorrow night. I'll post when it is up. Right now we're only waiting on 6 teams though so ...

I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. If u need to replace me then that's fine. My job requires me to be out of town every other day. If I'm still in I'll try to get my shit done asap every time I'm home.

lol wasn't talking about you, the clowns who think we need to have the league discussions spread out all over the internet though.....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol wasn't talking about you, the clowns who think we need to have the league discussions spread out all over the internet though.....

So what are the specifics for trade talk? Can we PM people separately to figure stuff out and then post in the thread when we come to an agreement and put things in motion in the game? Or are we to do it completely in-game in terms of the back and forth?

Sanjuro

So what are the specifics for trade talk? Can we PM people separately to figure stuff out and then post in the thread when we come to an agreement and put things in motion in the game? Or are we to do it completely in-game in terms of the back and forth?

What will you give me for Panda Bear?

eznark

Banned

Talk as much as you want! I just don't want public discussion spread out all over different message boards. There is no need, and people will end up missing stuff and trade cliques will start to form.

Before uploading a trade though it must be posted in the thread.

So we want to make changes (hiring coaches, setting line-ups, trading block, etc.), and upload to FTP before the new file is ready. Is that right?

Before we do anything in our in-game, do we always want to download the latest file first?

How often will there be a new file and how much in-game "time" will each new file include?

Sorry for all the questions. I fell way behind in the thread, so apologies if this stuff has already been answered.

eznark

Banned
So we want to make changes (hiring coaches, setting line-ups, trading block, etc.), and upload to FTP before the new file is ready. Is that right?

Before we do anything in our in-game, do we always want to download the latest file first?

How often will there be a new file and how much in-game "time" will each new file include?

Sorry for all the questions. I fell way behind in the thread, so apologies if this stuff has already been answered.

Yes.

Yes.

Every night give or take. Each advance will be 7 days.

Rommel

I updated my trade block in game but I figure I'll put this here again

Available Players:

Mark Trumbo
Aaron Hill
Jeremy Hellickson
Brad Ziegler
Cliff Pennington
Oliver Perez

Willing listen to offers:
Paul Goldschmidt
Addison Reed

What I'm looking for:

Prospects Prospects Prospects

Think I solved my crashing issues, did an uninstall/re-install. I hadn't updated to the latest patch which was a hotfix to the previous one (they had said don't bother to update it if you're on the PC).

Although, I had downloaded some mods too and maybe that was screwing it up.

I'll take time tomorrow to get my stuff done before the evening :)

I'm (Cardinals) looking to upgrade at 1B.

eznark

Banned
So here is the plan for the league. We will advance 7 days this evening once everyone has uploaded. This is the only time I will wait for everyone. Remember, it's not really the end of the world if you miss an update. For a GM, the day to day stuff isn't going to doom your entire franchise if you miss a week, so don't sweat it too hard.

PROCEDURE MOVING FORWARD:

To ensure your file will be included in that weeks advance, upload by 5pm EST daily.

I will be downloading/uploading either before I leave the office or when I get home, so assume a new file will be available by 7pm most nights. If I am not going to advance I'll try and let you all know. If it'll be an extended thing (vacations, etc.), Brent will take care of it.

Every advance during the season will be 7 days. Playoffs will be a day at a time (hopefully more than one sim a day if possible). Off-season will probably be three days at a time once we get to free agency.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions. This is my first time as commish so there will probably be a few hiccups and I know it's most of your first time with the game at all much less in a league. We can all help each other. The worst thing that can happen to an OOTP league is competitive imbalance, so don't be shy.

GOBL GOBL MOTHERFUCKERS

I just tried to download the latest league file and all my moves/lineups/rosters defaulted to how they were at the outset of the league.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just tried to download the latest league file and all my moves/lineups/rosters defaulted to how they were at the outset of the league.

You only download the latest file one time after the main league is updated. After that, you only export/import until the next sim. Export as you make changes, import if you want to pull those changes to another game install. Redownloading the league files may revert your changes.

eznark

Banned
You only download the latest file one time after the main league is updated. After that, you only export/import until the next sim. Export as you make changes, import if you want to pull those changes to another game install.

It won't generally matter because I won't be uploading files without downloading everyone's first (like I have been doing the last day or so to iron things out). It'll just say "there is no new file"

Yep, because we changed some things on the backend. Why did you download the latest file if you already had done so?

I just assumed it would be the thing to do, just in case a new one was available. Crud, now I've got to do it all again. How much time do I have before I have to export for the first league advance?

eznark

Banned
I just assumed it would be the thing to do, just in case a new one was available. Crud, now I've got to do it all again. How much time do I have before I have to export for the first league advance?

Did you export the file that you made all the changes to before?

Top Bottom