• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

BigAT

There's no harm in uploading multiple times before an advance I imagine? It would likely just overwrite the previous upload?

eznark

Banned
Waiting on:

Kayotix (he'll be home this afternoon)
frozenprinze
PistolPete
Shiv47
Ryseing

If you think you've uploaded, you have not.

brentech

There's no harm in uploading multiple times before an advance I imagine? It would likely just overwrite the previous upload?

correct

I'm working on a script page that will display whether or not you have exported your team file since the latest league file was uploaded to solve some of these issues.

ryseing

Keep getting error 201 when I try to upload my file. Here's what my settings folder looks like.

http://imgur.com/sCOASVw

Figured out how to adjust lineups and such BTW. Initial setting was for AI. Had to dig in the menus to change. This game can be really obtuse when it comes to those sorts of things.

brentech

Keep getting error 201 when I try to upload my file. Here's what my settings folder looks like.

Figured out how to adjust lineups and such BTW. Initial setting was for AI. Had to dig in the menus to change. This game can be really obtuse when it comes to those sorts of things.

all the files that are in gobl_settings need put directly into the settings folder.
over writing the other files that are there and you will be good to go

i was having the same problem what i did was instead of extract all i did extract here and that worked for some reason.

eznark

Banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159485143&postcount=531

SANJURO, how did you fix your 501 error on your piece of shit fisher price computer? Ryseing has the same one and the same problem.

ryseing

all the files that are in gobl_settings need put directly into the settings folder.
over writing the other files that are there and you will be good to go

So they can't be in a separate subfolder? Gotcha, thanks.

File is uploaded. Sorry I'm such a PITA y'all.

brentech

So they can't be in a separate subfolder? Gotcha, thanks.

correct. that 'settings' directory is specifically for the league.

Each league has its own saved_games folder
which then has its own settings folder

so that doesn't conflict with anything. it literally holds encrypted FTP user/password data so you can hit the server.

ryseing

Now that my technical bullshit is settled, let's get down to business.

I need a LF and a closer. Willing to trade Darvish to get either. Let's get something done.

eznark

Banned
I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. If u need to replace me then that's fine. My job requires me to be out of town every other day. If I'm still in I'll try to get my shit done asap every time I'm home.

Let me know when you get updated, Kayotix. Of the people outstanding you are the only one who has responded, so we can wait a bit for you. Not waiting past 6 est for anyone else.

brentech

And then there were three....

Angels - frozenprince
Marlins - pistolpete
Phillies - shiv47

Are yet to export team file.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Now that my technical bullshit is settled, let's get down to business.

I need a LF and a closer. Willing to trade Darvish to get either. Let's get something done.

Andre Ethier and Zach Lee for Darvish?

If I offer a position to a couple guys (minor league coaches) and they both accept, do I have a chance to choose who I want? I just don't want to offer to one guy and then miss out. Or have two guys accept and then screw myself over.

If I offer a position to a couple guys (minor league coaches) and they both accept, do I have a chance to choose who I want? I just don't want to offer to one guy and then miss out. Or have two guys accept and then screw myself over.

Minor league coaches. There is no way in a million Larry Bowas that a minor league coach could ever screw you over.

ryseing

Check your pm

Iffy about your proposal as well, sorry.

I know Darvish's value is diminished a bit because you won't have him for the first season, and I'm taking that into account.

But he has an incredibly team friendly contract that goes until 2017 and if he bounces back would be a great value.

The only reason I'm considering trading him is that my general outfield situation is utter shite and I don't have any decent prospects in the pipeline, plus my pitching should be OK without him.

I need a borderline All Star back for him. If that takes prospects on my end in addition to Darvish, so be it.

Rommel

I know Darvish's value is diminished a bit because you won't have him for the first season, and I'm taking that into account.

But he has an incredibly team friendly contract that goes until 2017 and if he bounces back would be a great value.

The only reason I'm considering trading him is that my general outfield situation is utter shite and I don't have any decent prospects in the pipeline, plus my pitching should be OK without him.

I need a borderline All Star back for him. If that takes prospects on my end in addition to Darvish, so be it.

I'm open to other players (prospects) of trumbo interests you. Honestly don't need Yu. I just have him and a younger closer available (Russell). Hit me up in pms I won't trade talk in the forum for all to see.

I'm almost ready to fire Ned Yost already because he won't let me adjust the line-ups and he had Erik Kratz batting leadoff against LHP + DH.

Ferny

ARod good enough?

I'm open to other players (prospects) of trumbo interests you. Honestly don't need Yu. I just have him and a younger closer available (Russell). Hit me up in pms I won't trade talk in the forum for all to see.

Why are you so secretive?

Rommel

ARod good enough?

Why are you so secretive?

Just weird to me to do any negotiations in a public forum. Obviously I'll post my trade blocks and finalized trades here and stay in the discussions, I just don't like discussing trades out in the open. Can't imagine any real gm doing to same.

brentech

Figured out some base code for grabbing filename+last changed data of all the team exports. This will let everyone see if they exported since the league last updated (And when they last exported team file). Will be shown in real time.

Figured out the hard part before leaving for dinner.

I'll just throw this out there, but I'm completely open to dealing Nelson Cruz. Not overly concerned with the return but the contracts coming back can't be any worse than his.

Trying to finish but I'm having a hard time finding someone who DOES want to be a pitching coach for my Single A team!

Rommel

Trying to finish but I'm having a hard time finding someone who DOES want to be a pitching coach for my Single A team!

I had that problem. Not a lot of people want to be part of the D'Back org. Just toss an overpay at someone and chances are they'll overlook their disdain

Yeah sorry you can just boot me. Thought I'd have time, haven't had time.

Good luck guys, might jump in next year once pre-law is done.

Sanjuro

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm anticipating this will take all night.

xxECX9G.gif

eznark

Banned
Going to be in first place after this advance.

We all will.

Game crashed when making reports, looks like the advance worked. Brent is going to upload the reports and test the download to make sure. Hold tight.

I'm off to uninstall/reinstall!

Ain't no party like an OOTP party

Top Bottom