• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
$10m signing bonus to a 16 year old Dominican outfielder.....

I am not even a little bit surprised as to who made that deal.

Just a head up, the web site shows the scout ratings based on the OOTP Scouting Agency, not on the scout you hired, and they can be wildly different. My scout hates Vlad Jr. for example, OOTP scouting department is relatively high on him.

brentech

There isn't a way to set what you're looking for IN GAME is there? Like position needs if someone wants to approach you about a trade?

eznark

Banned
Don't sweat it too much. There were like 10 signings and only a couple of which are universally praised.

Rommel takes a giant tax hit for going a ludicrous 344% over the cap and can't sign anyone for more than $250k next year,

There isn't a way to set what you're looking for IN GAME is there? Like position needs if someone wants to approach you about a trade?

Don't think so, but you can go into the Strength Overview ti see positional strength reviews by org. Includes the top MLB player and top prospect at each position.

The next sim will only be 4 days, that way we start a sim on opening day. So I will be simming tonight to April 4th, then tomorrow will be the first week of the season.

Rommel

$10m signing bonus to a 16 year old Dominican outfielder.....

I am not even a little bit surprised as to who made that deal.

Just a head up, the web site shows the scout ratings based on the OOTP Scouting Agency, not on the scout you hired, and they can be wildly different. My scout hates Vlad Jr. for example, OOTP scouting department is relatively high on him.

lol...

Yah it's interesting to see the differences. My scout calls him a generational talent. I haven't played with the intl market at all before in ootp. Last version I played a lot didn't have it. Expensive lesson :)

eznark

Banned
lol...

Yah it's interesting to see the differences. My scout calls him a generational talent. I haven't played with the intl market at all before in ootp. Last version I played a lot didn't have it. Expensive lesson :)

If your scout loves him it's not a bad play, trust your scout. If he is a generational talent then it's probably worth it, since your payroll is essentially nil and your team is a dumpster fire. I hope this league will last long enough for us to see him in action!

KaYotiX

Banned
In the process of setting up a desktop streamer so I can play when at work on my tablet lol

Being at work sucks when I want to fiddle with my team.

Rommel

Given the dumpster fire my team is I feel it's in my best interest for a prospect haul.

I'm officially putting Goldschimdt and Addison Reed on the market. It would need to be a serious haul for Goldy and a solid prospect for Reed. Now if you are willing to take on the contracts of Arroyo and Hill I'm willing to drop the price of Reed to a middling prospect.

Beckx

Hrm. Finally had time to work with it and my "opening day" roster is messed up. Gotta get Rodriguez and Caminero up and move Tabata, who happens to be out of options, down.

and good christ this Bizarro World Clint Hurdle has created some fucked up lineups.

eznark

Banned
Paul Goldschimdt
Aaron Hill
Brad Ziegler

FOR

Kolten Wong
Matt Adams
Marco Gonzales
Vaughn Bryan
Magneuris Sierra

I'm not going to deny this trade, because I don't want to stifle creative GM'ing....but Rommel explain why in all the fucks you agreed to this? Goldschmidt has the worlds most favorable contract and you are moving it essentially for Kolten Wong and an 18 year old right fielder?

eznark

Banned
You can just post it in the thread. Once I get a message saying it's been agreed to in principal I'll make it public anyway. I lean to allowing most trades, but it's possible someone will see an issue I don't.

That's the shittiest trade I've seen in 27 years of playing all forms of fantasy baseball, baseball simulation and fucking baseball card trading.

Rommel

Not the ideal trade, but in the interest of moving contracts off my books and getting another infusion of talent it makes sense to me.

Hill and Ziegler are bad contracts to me and while Goldy is awesome and a great contract he'll be 31-32 by the time I'm in a position to even start winning. At which point he won't be so affordable.

We will see how it plays out but I'm happy with it.

BigAT

That's the shittiest trade I've seen in 27 years of playing all forms of fantasy baseball, baseball simulation and fucking baseball card trading.

gCc6t4h.gif

brentech

This is what I'm working on; would return green if export is newer than the league file, and red if otherwise.
Export Reader
Just stole the teams page and replaced the links with the export times.
Only have a couple teams in it, adding the rest would be easy...buttttt, I know the Yankees one is wrong because we're missing two team exports and it throws off my array.
I need to figure out how to fix that.

Have to fix a couple things in regards to that. Needs to check if all team files are there. Team files are team_31.ootp through team_60.ootp

eznark

Banned
Trade is done.

I was super confused as to how the Diamondbacks were already $8m in the hole, then I remembered they paid essentially $30m for a 16 year old.

Shiv47

Skimming through what I missed, sorry about missing out on initial upload, just got back into the U.S. Won't be home till this evening to do anything though.

Is there any way to influence the starting rotation and lineups? I get this message when trying:

Your manager does not allow you to change the pitching staff or you have assigned control of the pitching staff to the computer AI.

I keep changing the depth chart, thinking that may have an influence, but it reverts back to what it was every time I download a league file. It does the same thing on my offline game. Is the only way to change this involve FIRING NED YOST!!??

ryseing

Anybody want Carlos Quentin?

lol damn

For the right price. PM me.

Is there any way to influence the starting rotation and lineups? I get this message when trying:

Your manager does not allow you to change the pitching staff or you have assigned control of the pitching staff to the computer AI.

I keep changing the depth chart, thinking that may have an influence, but it reverts back to what it was every time I download a league file. It does the same thing on my offline game. Is the only way to change this involve FIRING NED YOST!!??

Go to manager's office, control and autoplay settings.

eznark

Banned
Just an FYI, not every team can change that setting, some managers will not allow it and yeah, you'll have to fire them if you want control.

KaYotiX

Banned
So if I understand correctly I need to upload to the ftp site once I'm done with all my moves correct?

Still trying to wrap my head around this lol. Will be home tonight to work my magic!

Bacon

So what should we be looking to do from week to week once the season starts? Scouting, adjusting lineups, looking for trades etc?

brentech

What time zone are the time stamps?

Eastern, but that really doesn't matter. What matters is that the time is more recent than the league file time at the top.

Green = export is newer than league file.
Red = export is older than league file or export does not exist.

Top Bottom