• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

------------------------------------

GAF Online Baseball League: Initial Instructions

------------------------------------

Every GM will need to do these steps in order to join the league. Their quick-join code doesn't work yet, this is just how it's done. Once you do this, you should never need to manually unpack your league file unless playing from multiple machines.

Read the instructions!
Sanjuro!

Once you have completed the steps in the above link and are loaded into the league, select your Manager/Team, then I recommend clicking on FILE -> Online League -> Download Latest League File

If it downloads again, it's adding some stuff to your local database. Then on the right side select Manager & GM ACTIONS - > Export Team via FTP. Make sure that successfully works.

If you don't want others to have access to your team, you can set a password from the MANAGER SETTINGS tab. Mark the use a password for login checkbox.

Instructions worked like a dream. Thank you, gents.

AI has Billy Burns batting 1st and Billy Butler batting 3rd.

Billybillybillybillybilly

caddyshack.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
League files downloaded and upload seems to work fine. Already put in personnel offers for vacant spots in my minor league system!

Also...

DE1ao9X.png

Very funny ez. ;P

Okay so as far as I understand, I am to dowload the league file every night, play my week, and export my file when I'm finished. Am I getting this right?

brentech

hey brentech, when i right click on the league file, none of the options say extract.

And they won't unless you have 7zip or WinRAR installed (or something of that nature), the built in windows tool will not cut it.
Even then, you right click, go to 7zip, then extract files.

brentech

It's kind of broken right now because the logo was too large for the OOTP created webpage. These reports were also uploaded before any other managers were added, was just done for testing, but it is the league.
I'll provide a website with more league info and such a little bit later. Testing some things.

ANnnnddd I just got done testing a cron job auto extractor so we don't have to have OOTP upload the league files one-by-one. It worked, but the archive the game creates has an extra folder; so that address is going to change. Removing the link from this post.

eznark

Banned
I'll be back home on Saturday hopefully it's all up and running. Going to be fun! Thanks for putting it all together Ez

Right now Brent is doing the heavy lifting. Thank him!

League files downloaded and upload seems to work fine. Already put in personnel offers for vacant spots in my minor league system!

Also...

DE1ao9X.png

Very funny ez. ;P

Just the way it works. You are the Giants right? When you add a manager you're basically overwriting the last guy, so you may see duplicate news stories BBut ultimately everyone should have their correct teams.

It's kind of broken right now because the logo was too large for the OOTP created webpage. These reports were also uploaded before any other managers were added, was just done for testing, but it is the league.
I'll provide a website with more league info and such a little bit later. Testing some things.

ANnnnddd I just got done testing a cron job auto extractor so we don't have to have OOTP upload the league files one-by-one. It worked, but the archive the game creates has an extra folder; so that address is going to change. Removing the link from this post.

I'll fix the logo when I get to work. Let me know how the other thing is going.

Rommel

Available Players:

Mark Trumbo
Aaron Hill
Jeremy Hellickson
Brad Ziegler
Cliff Pennington
Oliver Perez

Willing listen to offers:
Paul Goldschmidt
Addison Reed

What I'm looking for:

Prospects Prospects Prospects

Why does it say I'm the new GM of the Royals. (Harry Bottoms :p)

My home screen is the Twins, but the inbox tabs me as the KC GM? Did I do something wrong?

edit: and it says Oscar Herrera is the Twins new man.

brentech

Why does it say I'm the new GM of the Royals. (Harry Bottoms :p)

My home screen is the Twins, but the inbox tabs me as the KC GM? Did I do something wrong?

edit: and it says Oscar Herrera is the Twins new man.

Exit to the start screen and reload the game.
Select your Manager name / Team. If it's messed up on your end, that's fine, just go to File -> Online League -> Download Latest League file in order to get back to the starting ground.

Nothing you do right now changes anything for anyone else until you export and eznark imports+reuploads the league file.
So no one else has changed teams, you just selected to act as other managers.

I have the latest league file, and I'm in control of the Twins, but the messages regarding the hirings in my inbox didn't reflect that. I just was confused because of that inconsistency. I don't know.

Okay, so isn't it possible that, if multiple users are playing around the same time frame, you could lose progress that you made because someone uploaded an older file after you export yours?

Example:

User 1 downloads league file
User 2 downloads league file
User 1 finishes his week and exports the file
User 2 finishes his week and exports the file

Wouldn't user 1's changes be nullified by user 2's file or am I missing something?

brentech

I have the latest league file, and I'm in control of the Twins, but the messages regarding the hirings in my inbox didn't reflect that. I just was confused because of that inconsistency. I don't know.
Oh, don't worry about those. GMs have to be added in a very particular way in order for the messages to be correct, but that has no impact on the league.
Okay, so isn't it possible that, if multiple users are playing around the same time frame, you could lose progress that you made because someone uploaded an older file after you export yours?

Example:

Wouldn't user 1's changes be nullified by user 2's file or am I missing something?
You're over thinking it. Each player only controls their own TEAM file. When you export your team file, you're only exporting a small file called team_28 or something.

When you export your team file. Nothing changes immediately for anyone else. The only time something changes is when Eznark or I import all the team files, and then upload those changes in the new league file. No one else has any effect on the league file.

eznark

Banned

Example:

You are spokes, I am the hub. Nothing happens til I say it happens. Your files never touch anyone elses files.

Sanjuro

For those on OSX, the "saved_games" folder is hidden from regular access. In the OOTP troubleshooting, they have a quick link to that exact folder, and just plop both files in there.

I'm used to the Windows method more where that folder normally appears in the My Documents.

eznark

Banned
FIRST ADVANCE WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW EVENNG

Rommel