• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

Can a podcast explain what is happening in Arizona?

Pretty simple. Screwed myself with the Vlad signing, scraping together pennies to pay my draft picks.

As much as people hate the Goldy trade I've been pretty happy with it. Wong is my 2B for a long while, Adams has been solid (1.4 war) and I expect Gonzalez to be in my starting rotation next year.

The other trades were dumping salary of players who had no future with my team anyways. My scout really didn't like Hudson or Hellickson and I have SP's in the minors who are already rated significantly higher by my scout. I'll plug the holes with some of my older AAA players (IE Blevans) until next year when they will get called up.

eznark

Banned
Next year you will be paying Wong and Adams roughly $6.5m to produce oh, 4 WAR, while the Cardinals will be paying Paul Goldschmidt 5.8m to produce 5 WAR.

Efficient!

An infield of Goldschmidt, Chris Owing at 2B and Nick Ahmed at SS is cheaper and more productive than what you have right now, I'd almost guarantee it. And in 2017 you could bring up Drury and move Owing to SS and probably have a fairly studly IF.

Rommel

When did you buy it? They have a really good warranty. Had mine for almost two years and had a problem with it and they replaced it with a newer model free of charge. Might want to look into that

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
When did you buy it? They have a really good warranty. Had mine for almost two years and had a problem with it and they replaced it with a newer model free of charge. Might want to look into that

I got these 3 or 4 years ago, so I don't think it's covered anymore.

brentech

Got the trades added in, but having a hard time locating the minor leaguers Arizona received.
Alright. Got it worked out. Had to send cash in a separate transaction which is kind of wanky (could have done it together, just something I messed up), but trades are complete.

Rommel

Got the trades added in, but having a hard time locating the minor leaguers Arizona received.
Alright. Got it worked out. Had to send cash in a separate transaction which is kind of wanky (could have done it together, just something I messed up), but trades are complete.

They hiding on the wavier wire? Or you couldn't find them on Tex's roster?

edit: see you got it solved!

brentech

They hiding on the wavier wire? Or you couldn't find them on Tex's roster?

edit: see you got it solved!

Minor league guys don't go to the waiver or DFA. I just missed them on the rosters.

Right now I have an advance error because of something with Jose Altuve. Saying he is a Spring Training invitee on the active roster.
Okay, figured that out. They were on the active roster but not added to the 40 man.

Any reason for me not to use the option to offer all of my expiring minor league coaches extensions? Do minor league managers have anything to do with player progression?

brentech

So Adames is a Cardinal, and the other three are FA's. Helluva trade.

I'm pulling them to your team now.

I was not aware this trade was not fixed. Only looked for transactions since yesterday's advance. Gotta force them to your team and reset to the old contract.

Everyone just hang back on the league file for a couple minutes while I complete this.

brentech

Moore and Franklin are on active roster. Currently puts you at 26 players. Just make sure you make an adjustment obviously.

Willy Adames can be found on your
Houston 2 DSL roster.

Is Brent Honeywell the correct name? I'm not seeing this guy anywhere on the names list.
nvm, I just found him using the transactions tab. Still not sure why he didn't show up in the other area.

He can also be found on your Houston 2 DSL roster.
Uploading new league file.

brentech

Alright. I couldn't go back and re-sim or anything, but your players should be there. League file is updated.
Anyone that already downloaded the advance shouldn't need to do it again.

edit:

Any reason for me not to use the option to offer all of my expiring minor league coaches extensions? Do minor league managers have anything to do with player progression?

They do have influence on player progression. Every coach has manager ratings like: teach pitching, teach hitting, teach fielding, handle veterans, handle rookies.
inexperience doesn't mean bad.
From what I have seen, I don't think reputation makes up their ability to teach though.

If anyone wants to take some salary, I have a handful of guys, and I don't need much more than some magic beans.

Also, it appears that after being teleported onto my roster, Moore lost his sweet contract and became an arb player again.

Apologies for what happened with Adames, I had made the contract offer before realizing what had happened regarding the trade. (Actually the offer led me to figure out what happened)

e: There's probably no way to get back the $2.2 million signing bonus that would have been spent is there?

Chris Archer had such an amazing start as a Brave. 6.1 IP, 7 hits, 5 ER, 2 hr, 2 BB, 5 K, 7.11 ERA. At least he's not doing any worse than Teheran. and we went 4-2 this week!

When did International FA open back up? I thought it was this week but I see a lot of people have already been signed.

ryseing

Heh I was going to respond with Klein but you threw me off with John something. Must have been one hell of a week to get so attached.

He has like a 1.3 ERA (in 7 innings, but still).

He's available but I don't want to give up that CF we were talking about if I do so.

If anyone wants to take some salary, I have a handful of guys, and I don't need much more than some magic beans.

Also, it appears that after being teleported onto my roster, Moore lost his sweet contract and became an arb player again.

Is Gattis still available?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Any right fielders out there? I may need a stopgap solution to stay in the playoff hunt with Pence possibly out until September.

Man, my top pick Walker Buehler out 12-14 months with a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament. That's a kick in the junk.

But on the bright side, from http://www.hopkinsortho.org/ucl.html

Approximately 75-85 percent of athletes return to their previous level of competition following reconstruction of the UCL. Some baseball pitchers even report increased velocity after surgery. The average rehabilitation time for throwing athletes is about 1 year, but it may take up to 24 months for a patient to return to their previous ability level.

Got to keep it positive.

And dang eznark, are you somehow editing results. ;) My Twins are 0-6 against your Brew Crew. Not right man! I know we're bad, but not 0-6 against Milwaukee bad! :p

Rommel

Need to remember to stop before intl players come up. Looks like a few teams got the jump somehow. Wonder if they had the cpu set to handle signings this sim.

brentech

I'm guessing the teams that got those signings have their Assistant GMs control minor league free agent signings/releases or something.

Rommel

I'm guessing the teams that got those signings have their Assistant GMs control minor league free agent signings/releases or something.

Oh well, not like I could have signed anyone this year lol

Geez drop 50ish million in salary and pickup over 6 in cash and still coming in behind on money. Hope my draft picks like slot offers.

eznark

Banned
Oh well, not like I could have signed anyone this year lol

Geez drop 50ish million in salary and pickup over 6 in cash and still coming in behind on money. Hope my draft picks like slot offers.

Your moves have resulted in a massive drop in gate revenue which offset a lot of that work. Keeping Goldy and doing everything else probably would've put you in the black

Top Bottom