• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Anyone else get the same date as before again? or is it just me?

edit: fixed. Simple google search and I found the solution on their forums. For those of you that were having issues with your game not advancing, try erasing every file from the settings folder except accountsdata_commish.dat and accountsdata_gms.dat and attempt to download the league file, if you havent tried already. Fixed it right away for me.
I will switch which files are included in the settings zip to these as well.

two of my pitchers are the worst thing in the world and i need to get them away ASAP

I may have one of my vets available (Not stanton, yelich, or fernandez) if someone has any young prospects willing to deal

I'll give Scott Feldman away for almost literally anything.

Lohse for slightly more than anything.

Gattis, Gregerson, Rasmus (lol), Sipp, Neshek and Castro also available.

BigAT

I feel bad for the Lohse children, being torn up and moved halfway across the country only to be shipped out again.

If you grew up playing baseball and really love the game from a numbers/stats standpoint, it's crack cocaine imo. I think we have a couple inactive teams. Pickup the game and flesh out the league.

And awesome work brentech! That turkey gonna peck that ball all the way to the triple crown! :p
I did not grow up playing baseball. I didn't even grow up watching baseball. I only fell in love with the game a few years ago when I moved to the U.S.

But I can confirm OOTP is indeed crack cocaine on a par with Football Manager. I bought it yesterday and somehow logged 9 hours in the last 24.

Rommel

Jeremy Hellickson and Bronson Arroyo for 1 million cash. First come first serve.

Also Available:

Utility IF Cliff Pennington
Loogy Oliver Perez
SP Josh Collmenter
LF/3B Yasmany Tomas (If you take on salary and send cash back)

I did not grow up playing baseball. I didn't even grow up watching baseball. I only fell in love with the game a few years ago when I moved to the U.S.

But I can confirm OOTP is indeed crack cocaine on a par with Football Manager. I bought it yesterday and somehow logged 9 hours in the last 24.

I didn't mean you have to have played to enjoy, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I also love FM. I'm a HUGE Everton fan. Suck it United! 3-0 :)

Why don't you take over one of our deadbeat teams. I would love it if we could build a league of really passionate and dedicated players, establish some history and a sense of identity for our league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sorry didnt realize there was a standard template!

Trade Announcement

Rays Send:

Matt Moore
Nick Franklin
Brent Honeywell
Willy Adames

Astros Send:

Jose Altuve
Kevin Chapman

eznark

Banned
PRIOR TO POSTING A TRADE OR CONFIRMING A TRADE, UPLOAD YOUR FILE FOR THE DAY.

To complete the trades, I have to import both teams, then export them again. So, if you want your changes for that day, export your team before announcing the trade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do I have to take Matt Moore off the DL or can you guys just put it through with him still on it? He's healthy in 3 days so I'm not sure how this works.

ryseing

I still need established pitching.

Every prospect that isn't top ranked at his position is up for grabs. Willing to take salary hits as well.

Also, RF Jake Smolinski is available. Having a decent season but got squeezed out. Would be a great DH.

eznark

Banned
Do I have to take Matt Moore off the DL or can you guys just put it through with him still on it? He's healthy in 3 days so I'm not sure how this works.

If he is eligible to come off the DL I can do it. If he still has time on the DL you'll have to wait til next sim.

Sanjuro

I still need established pitching.

Every prospect that isn't top ranked at his position is up for grabs. Willing to take salary hits as well.

Also, RF Jake Smolinski is available. Having a decent season but got squeezed out. Would be a great DH.

I might be selling shortly of there is no activity.

TheCrow

PRIOR TO POSTING A TRADE OR CONFIRMING A TRADE, UPLOAD YOUR FILE FOR THE DAY.

To complete the trades, I have to import both teams, then export them again. So, if you want your changes for that day, export your team before announcing the trade.

So I shouldn't export anymore? or can i import and have the players I traded for?

Have to admit I really hope my P Jose Jose makes it to the majors

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/players/player_31709.html

GhszB9J.jpg

eznark

Banned
Trade to announce -

Rays get:
Julio Teheran

Braves get:
Chris Archer
Cameron Varga
Jose Mujica

Atlanta, tell me your thought process

Houston why the fuck are you moving Altuve and a stud relief pitcher??

The trades have been completed an uploaded. I love that the reaction of the White Sox AGM was "NO FUCK NO NOOOOOOOOOO" to the deal.

Teheran has been horrible for me this season. Last 6 games he is 0-5 with an 8.54 ERA. My scout has Teheran at his max potential right now, likes Archer more already, and thinks both of those prospects are potentially better than Teheran.

Do other scouts have Teheran better? Does my scout just suck? Lol

brentech

Houston why the fuck are you moving Altuve and a stud relief pitcher??

The trades have been completed an uploaded. I love that the reaction of the White Sox AGM was "NO FUCK NO NOOOOOOOOOO" to the deal.

Hopefully you can upload successfully today. Maybe try what I was saying yesterday. Use the automator only to progress the days, then use the separate league file center to generate and upload it.

just kind of breaking things down so there are fewer places that could be causing the issue.

eznark

Banned
Teheran has been horrible for me this season. Last 6 games he is 0-5 with an 8.54 ERA. My scout has Teheran at his max potential right now, likes Archer more already, and thinks both of those prospects are potentially better than Teheran.

Thanks

Hopefully you can upload successfully today. Maybe try what I was saying yesterday. Use the automator only to progress the days, then use the separate league file center to generate and upload it.

just kind of breaking things down so there are fewer places that could be causing the issue.

Gonna try in fifteen

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Found this interesting. From my side my scout thinks Teheran is both 10 points better now and potential wise than Archer while the two other guys in the deal were just regular dudes, one of them had like 45 potential though.

My scout also HATES Matt Moore. Like completely loathes him. And thinks Kevin Chapman is a future stud closer right now with something like a 75 rating.

I'm still a little confused as to how the ratings generally work. James Loney has been a bottom tier scrub ratings wise the whole season but he has been my best hitter by far. Guess I'll keep riding that bat till it stops.

TheCrow

Yay, now I can stop sending Hector Noesi every 5 days to give up 8 runs. Did we ever switch to monthly development reports?

Found this interesting. From my side my scout thinks Teheran is both 10 points better now and potential wise than Archer while the two other guys in the deal were just regular dudes, one of them had like 45 potential though.

My scout also HATES Matt Moore. Like completely loathes him. And thinks Kevin Chapman is a future stud closer right now with something like a 75 rating.

I'm still a little confused as to how the ratings generally work. James Loney has been a bottom tier scrub ratings wise the whole season but he has been my best hitter by far. Guess I'll keep riding that bat till it stops.

That's one of the things I really like about this game. My scout says Teheran has maxed out at 53 while Archer is a 59 now with 63 potential. He thinks Varga has 57 potential and Mujica has 50.

I'm starting to think my scout just sucks at least scouting the majors. I was looking at the Rockies a few days ago and all of his SP were 20 ovr with 20-25 potential but Pete told me that his scout has some of them in like the 50s.

Top Bottom