• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

TheCrow

On the the joys of Hellicksons 4 runs a game and whatever is left in Arroyo's noodle arm

And yes we did

I'll take 4 runs a game from my fifth starter any day. Arroyo will throw batting practices in the minors and then it's off to free agency after this year.

brentech

Stuck on 16%.

Download percent means absolutely nothing. Mine was 'stuck' there as well, but the game also resets the percent all the time. Just let it run. Mine just finished after being on 16 for a couple minutes, then jumped to 22 and then done.

Fuck. Lost 4 in a row.
2 1/2 back again.

Hellickson very quickly already lost a game for Crow, with a 7.5 ERA

It finally finished! Although I guess Brenttech already touched on that.

Man WTF, I put Danny Hultzen in my rotation and Lloyd Keeps skipping him. He started Charlie Furbush instead. Weird.

Rommel

Worked for me.

Huh weird, my draft offers didn't go through.

Once again, this is the last Arizona package to go out the door! Don't miss out.

Cliff Pennington
Oliver Perez
Josh Collmenter
Yasmany Tomas

for

6 mil cash obo

Worked for me.

Huh weird, my draft offers didn't go through.

Once again, this is the last Arizona package to go out the door! Don't miss out.

Cliff Pennington
Oliver Perez
Josh Collmenter
Yasmany Tomas

for

6 mil cash obo

I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I think you would have to pay me to take on this group of misfits

KaYotiX

Banned
Damn I need another stud in my rotation, Chen is the only one really doing it. The rest of the guys all hovering around 4-5 ERA's

Hopefully I can grab a solid guy after the All-Star break. I hate messing with my team too much in the first year.

BigAT

My win percentage with/without Jay Bruce is kind of absurd. He's inserted back into the lineup, Reds win 8 games in a row. Swept the Pirates to go into a tie for first in the Central with them.

If anyone is looking for relief help, Kevin Gregg is available. He's actually got good ability numbers, my manager just refuses to pitch him and I can't control it.

pNtsFt8.jpg

Ratings are my scout, OSA is exactly the same except 65/65 for Stuff. He's making the league minimum this year so he's cheap as well.

So it looks like all the guys going to Houston in the TB/Houston trade ended up as free agents. I was just checking the free agent pool and noticed there were some decent players but then realized it was guys from the trade. (Made an offer to one before I realized it)

ryseing

Alright guys. For real this time.

Trade Announcement

Rangers Send:

SS Josh Morgan

RF Jose Almonte

5 million in cash

Diamondbacks Send:

SP Daniel Hudson

RP Oliver Perez

SS Cliff Pennington

Beckx

What the fuck. The guys that were traded to Houston were immediately released.

oh, haha, that explains why those dudes were in the FA pool. I haven't followed the board, finally updated, two of my pitchers went out, and thought the god of baseball was offering me some gifts. I guess I'll forget about seeing them sign with me. :p

Beckx

Trade Announcement

Diamondbacks Send: SP Collmenter

Pirates Send: $175,000 cash

eznark, I exported this morning and brought up Kingham from AAA - I won't be back in time to reverse that, can you put him back down to make room for Collmenter in the rotation?

eznark

Banned
oh, haha, that explains why those dudes were in the FA pool. I haven't followed the board, finally updated, two of my pitchers went out, and thought the god of baseball was offering me some gifts. I guess I'll forget about seeing them sign with me. :p

Yeah, it's weird, almost like the Astros have auto-GM on or something. It was all in the same day, same entry. "Matt Moore was traded to Houston for xxxxx....released by Houston"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure if this is relevant to that or whatever but the guys I got in the deals yesterday weren't actually on any of my rosters after the trade. I just manually searched the players names and they were still on my team but I had to assign them to the active roster manually. I guess guys are in just some of limbo until you decide where to assign them to after a trade?

eznark

Banned
Not sure if this is relevant to that or whatever but the guys I got in the deals yesterday weren't actually on any of my rosters after the trade. I just manually searched the players names and they were still on my team but I had to assign them to the active roster manually. I guess guys are in just some of limbo until you decide where to assign them to after a trade?

Yes, they are designated for assignment for 15 days following a trade. If you go to your roster screen, you can make one of the boxes your DFA box and they will all be listed there.

So what is super bizarre is that it worked properly for one team but not the other....Houston, check team control settings.

Rommel

Trade Announcement

Diamondbacks Send: SP Collmenter

Pirates Send: $175,000 cash

eznark, I exported this morning and brought up Kingham from AAA - I won't be back in time to reverse that, can you put him back down to make room for Collmenter in the rotation?

Confirm

eznark

Banned
That reminds me, tonight we record...unless the Dota patch goes up. We can talk all start game, recent transactions and milestones, and the playoff hunt.

Also, trading deadline is not that far off, so start using the trade block. I'll highlight guys on the block on the next episode to help spur some movement!

eznark

Banned
Heh I was going to respond with Klein but you threw me off with John something. Must have been one hell of a week to get so attached.

That reminds me, tonight we record...unless the Dota patch goes up. We can talk all start game, recent transactions and milestones, and the playoff hunt.

Also, trading deadline is not that far off, so start using the trade block. I'll highlight guys on the block on the next episode to help spur some movement!

Is it okay if I prep some notes on minor league stuff?

Yes, they are designated for assignment for 15 days following a trade. If you go to your roster screen, you can make one of the boxes your DFA box and they will all be listed there.

So what is super bizarre is that it worked properly for one team but not the other....Houston, check team control settings.

It was all set up for me to control except lineups/depth charts and pitching staff, so I dunno.

Rommel

Arizona's Bargain Bin: 25k per player. Like rummaging through the $5 dvd basket at Best Buy or Walmart.

Matt Reynolds
Tuffy Gosewisch
Gerald Laird
Jordan Pacheco
Nick Evans

Top Bottom