• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm guessing the teams that got those signings have their Assistant GMs control minor league free agent signings/releases or something.

I have my assistant GMs deal with minor leagues. I don't have the time to deal with them :) Think I snagged a guy or 2 that way.

brentech

He paid for minor league rights to a player that was involved in that trade where Houston instantly cut all the players they received.
All the players in the right spot, but didn't think to return his money.

He paid for minor league rights to a player that was involved in that trade where Houston instantly cut all the players they received.
All the players in the right spot, but didn't think to return his money.
This ^
I had made an offer with a $2.2m signing bonus and then realized he shouldn't have been a free agent.

e: Nice to see a couple of my guys make the all-star team. A bit bummed Wacha didn't make it but SP in the NL is definitely loaded.

brentech

ouch. most recent game I lost 1-15. A's crushing it.

Indians with 4 AL all-star starters

Signed IFA C Pepe Castillo. My scout grades him a great deal better than OSA, but for 1M, I had to trust the scout.

Finally called up Lindor to the bigs. He's been cruising in AAA.
Might have to move an infielder. Maybe.

A-Rod hit 3000

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL

How the hell did Casey McGehee get the most overall votes in the NL?

And of course, now I have both him and Hudson injured, pending diagnosis. :(

My AZL manager is weird at managing relievers. One guy has 23 IP and no one else has more than 7.

Also I don't think I got any of the IFA, which makes me sad. There was one kid who was listed as like an outfielder but he had way more potential as a relief pitcher.

Edit: Fernando Rodney blew his first save of the year and gave up his first run of the year. He had 16.2 IP without allowing a run.

Clotidle Camposinhos that's the kid I was thinking of. He's an okay LFer but he has elite reliever written all over him.

Also I'm sad I didn't get Jesus De Jesus who signed with SF. Godspeed Jesus.

Damn Freeman got in All Star roster with one vote coming from me but Alex Wood didn't with 5 votes and he's really the only player on my team that should have made it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm having to reinstall daily because my game refuses to update. FML. Tried all the stuff in this thread, but to no avail.

Have you tried waiting a while after the update? My game will freeze and say "not responding" but I just let it run and like 10 minutes later its updated fine

Rommel

How do the dbacks have money suddenly??

None of my top 5 picks signed.

That would do it. But honest it still makes no sense given I only had a 7.5 million budget planned for picks. I feel like something got double counted along the line and made my budget worse that it already was.

It was weird too, somehow Rodgers got an offer of 7.5 million before the last sim (which I didn't offer him) and caused me to not be able to offer anything more than slot to everyone else. I was going to let Rodgers go, take the comp pick and sign the rest but he was locked in from the previous download.

Oh well, I'll just have to create a crazy budget for the draft next year.

Rommel

Gr8OymM.png

Before the last sim I was. My draft budget was 7.5 million. I've tried to audit my numbers but honestly it makes no sense.

0NXn5na.png

brentech

Honestly, the two financial sheets you're looking at don't compare much. Looking at Budget Information instead of Financial Summary in game would make more sense - since the website screenshot doesn't show any matching categories.

Budget and Player Payroll are all you can compare from those.
lol - you have like 50M less player payroll than the 27th ranked payroll, but have more expenses to date than almost all other teams, if not all.

Shiv47

My league file got completely fucked up, and I can't get the most recent one to download. When I delete all my league files and do a fresh install, downloading the league file only sets me at opening day. I guess I'm deleting the whole game and re-installing now. Ridiculous.

brentech

My league file got completely fucked up, and I can't get the most recent one to download. When I delete all my league files and do a fresh install, downloading the league file only sets me at opening day. I guess I'm deleting the whole game and re-installing now. Ridiculous.

Weird, since the league file overwrites itself every time we update. There is no old file out there. It's either current or it doesn't exist.
A bit strange.

But, from what I read on OOTP forums, totally plausible.

ryseing

Having the same exact problem. Doing a fresh DL in case something was wrong with my backup.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah I managed to sign Aiken on the last sim day. Fucker wanted an 8 mil bonus but eventually got to sign for around 7. TBH would have probably been better off with the compensatory pick given the fact hes not even going to pitch again for like 9 months but whatever. Wish there was simply a do not draft list or something or a way to not have the assistant gm pick guys who won't sign for around slot. Maybe there is and I was just missing it dunno.

Rommel

Yeah I managed to sign Aiken on the last sim day. Fucker wanted an 8 mil bonus but eventually got to sign for around 7. TBH would have probably been better off with the compensatory pick given the fact hes not even going to pitch again for like 9 months but whatever. Wish there was simply a do not draft list or something or a way to not have the assistant gm pick guys who won't sign for around slot. Maybe there is and I was just missing it dunno.

Yah Rodgers wouldn't come down off his price tag. What killed me was college players who were "easy signs" who got offered slot didn't sign. Whatever, I'll just have to shovel my saved payroll next year into the draft now that I can't blow money on IFA's lol

Alright this looks pretty cool and I was told the Angels and Blue Jays were open so I guess give me either one Ez? I'm at work so I'll try to follow the OP as much as possible while I'm not actually working. Don't yell too much at me if I fuck something up the first couple of days, I've never played before.

Alright this looks pretty cool and I was told the Angels and Blue Jays were open so I guess give me either one Ez? I'm at work so I'll try to follow the OP as much as possible while I'm not actually working. Don't yell too much at me if I fuck something up the first couple of days, I've never played before.

Take the Angels and then trade me Mike Trout for all-star Kendal Graveman.

That's just a pro-tip for how to play!!

Just a quick and dirty over view of how the first rounders from this year are doing so far. The hitters largely seem to be ahead of the pitchers.

#1 did not sign
#2 injured and out 8-9 months after 14 awful innings
#3 .871 OPS in 17 games
#4 pitched 21 innings now out for 1 year
#5 .705 OPS in 20 games
#6 .789 OPS in 5 games out 3 weeks
#7 .631 OPS in 16 games (also the lowest rated guy so far by my scout)
#8 35.2 IP 16:13 K:BB first non injured pitcher in the first round
#9 .993 OPS in 5 games (with an OBP of over .500!!)
#10 Didn't sign
#11 Didn't sign
#12 .709 OPS in 17 games with a wacky .298/.411/.298 triple slash
#13 Out for 8 months (brady aiken)
#14 26:19 K:BB in 38.1 IP
#15 .572 OPS in 14 games
#16 Didn't sign
#17 Didn't sign
#18 Has yet to pitch for the Pulaski Yankees. He's currently set at a middle reliever on a team with like 30 pitchers. Just a suggestion but maybe swap him into the rotation for Andrew Chin. Or cut some scrub relievers so he actually pitches.
#19 .604 OPS in 13 games. Another young guy whose OBP is higher than his slugging.
#20 1.014 OPS in 15 games
#21 Sitting in Pittsburgh's players DFA with 9 days left. Get this kid in a rotation somewhere! (you have two other SP prospects that also need assigned!)
#22 16:6 K:BB in 26.2 IP
#23 .738 OPS in 20 games
#24 .833 OPS in 2 games at AAA. Had a .924 OPS in 7 games of A ball and I guess he got promoted? Kansas City?
#25 Didn't sign
#26 .757 OPS in 6 games
#27 Didn't sign
#28 Out 8 months hasn't pitched
#29 1.1218 OPS in 28 games
#30 .472 OPS in 17 games

eznark

Banned
If anyone is looking for a defensive wizard in the outfield and a left handed bat Gerardo Parra is available for any prospect 35+ potential under 20 years old.

Top Bottom