• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

If my scout is to be believed, the pitching crop was garbage compared to the hitters. I'm happy with the SS CPU Huntington drafted for me.

My scout had the same opinion. He also favors ability and there was very little in the way of advanced pitching this draft.

Hey, who owns the Mets? I have a trade proposal for you.

Nice job!

And holy crap .472 OPS

In fairness he is a 17 year old SS starting in rookie ball. My scout has him as a 76 potential. If I was the Angels I wouldn't be exceptionally worried. His numbers are trending upward as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My scout had the same opinion. He also favors ability and there was very little in the way of advanced pitching this draft.

There were a few really good pitchers according to my scout, OSA had them all rated terribly. I managed to draft and sign one of them, high 70s in overall potential.

Beckx

Oh shit, Ichiro was on waivers, damn. Though I don't really need an outfielder. Still would've been cool to say Ichiro was a Buc.

OSA loves one my pitching prospects (1st rounder), my scout hates him, we'll see how it all pans out. My system is really weak on pitchers so I'm taking the gamble.

Just a quick and dirty over view of how the first rounders from this year are doing so far. The hitters largely seem to be ahead of the pitchers.

#4 pitched 21 innings now out for 1 year

Why...why do you have to remind me? He's going to be a stud, if he recovers fully though. I'm convinced of that.

My scout is rated as Outstanding for amateurs and he liked a lot of the pitchers in the draft. The one I drafted in the 1st started out slow but he's hot now. My scout has him at 78 potential. I checked out his real scouting report online too and he also sounds pretty good in real life so I hope he develops into an ace.

I can't believe they're allowed to use the real names of kids in this game. The generated pitcher for my pick looks just like how he does in real life! Acne and all

XiaNaphryz

My scout is rated as Outstanding for amateurs and he liked a lot of the pitchers in the draft.

Same with me, but only a small handful were in the upper tiers of potential. A lot of them were in the 50s-60s, but overall I had a ton of position players that were rated higher than most of the pitchers this past draft.

brentech

no.gif

Dream is dead.

Trevor Bauer has given up his first loss. 16-1 record.
Both teams scored one in the 9th giving the A's the win. Lost 3 to 4 while getting swept by the A's in the 3 game series.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Teams keep winning. Rooks keep struggling. Guess I called up Robertson too soon x_x. Fucking Longo got hurt, the one player I really couldn't afford to lose sigh.

O'Connor giving me the same level of production that Rene Rivera was so whatever there I guess.

If anyone has a cheap veteran 3B or SS I'm interested. Really looking for a guy who is just decent and making nearly nothing even as a rental for the rest of the year.

Teams keep winning. Rooks keep struggling. Guess I called up Robertson too soon x_x. Fucking Longo got hurt, the one player I really couldn't afford to lose sigh.

O'Connor giving me the same level of production that Rene Rivera was so whatever there I guess.

If anyone has a cheap veteran 3B or SS I'm interested. Really looking for a guy who is just decent and making nearly nothing even as a rental for the rest of the year.

Do you have any CFers?

Edit: Ick, not really it seems...

Unless you'd be open to dealing Kiermaier.

Not really no. Trying to lock up Jennings long term but its so stupid, keep getting him to "agree" to an extension and then we sim he changes his fucking mind and wants like 15 more million than what we agreed to. Fuck his agent.

Oh wait you're looking for vets. I was gonna offer you a young guy for Kiermaier but I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense.

I can send you Willie Bloomquist for something. Doesn't have to be anything good.

Beckx

LOL. Neil Walker wants $22M.

Bye Neil.

Antonio Bastardo supposedly wants $6.5M but refuses to negotiate b/c he hates Hurdle. Dammit.

XiaNaphryz

LOL. Neil Walker wants $22M.

Bye Neil.

Antonio Bastardo supposedly wants $6.5M but refuses to negotiate b/c he hates Hurdle. Dammit.

There's always this guy on the market looking to manage a team if you want to replace Hurdle!

jZqwr7O.png

ryseing

What team are you?

Rangers.

You can have Rosales for a small amount of cash.

So I go to choose a manager and the Astros are listed twice and I don't see the Angels. Also some of the names are actual forum names on here and some aren't. So should I just choose the Blue Jays? The Doctor currently is the manager.

edit: Also on the mac OOTP makes a save in Application support not AS/Steam/OOTP so that was a fun witch hunt for 15 minutes. I'm listening to the first podcast right now while reading some tutorials. Good work guys.

brentech

So I go to choose a manager and the Astros are listed twice and I don't see the Angels. Also some of the names are actual forum names on here and some aren't. So should I just choose the Blue Jays? The Doctor currently is the manager.

You don't see them because it's based on the manager. We need to create you.
Would you prefer the Angels?

brentech

I feel like the Angels aren't as garbagey as the Jays, so yes if that works for everyone.

What do you want your GM name to be, and then once I got that, give me some time to upload a fresh league file with you in it. You'll need to download latest league file after I do that. I'll let you know when it's done.

Nobody else that already is up to date will need to redownload it.

What do you want your GM name to be, and then once I got that, give me some time to upload a fresh league file with you in it. You'll need to download latest league file after I do that. I'll let you know when it's done.

Nobody else that already is up to date will need to redownload it.

My user name here is fine. Awesome thank you!

Shiv47

So are there contenders out there interested in Hamels or Papelbon? Time to start rebuilding this shitfest of a team. We need just about everything, especially outfield and first base. Hamels is just about back from a brief muscle pull IIRC, so he's rested and ready to go. Papelbon's been my setup guy, but could easily slot in as a closer as well, I'm assuming. And if you're really the gambling type, Cliff Lee is just about back from rehab and is a FA at the end of the year, if you'd rather have a rental.

eznark

Banned
TWO MORE SIMS TIL THE TRADING DEADLINE

I recommend everyone taking a few minutes and posting what you have and what you want in the thread, if you are looking to make moved. We'll do a full sim tonight, then I will sim up to the 31st. Saturday. I will sim past the trade deadline on Monday, giving the full weekend to make any deals.

Beckx

I am mostly of a mind to ride this team to the end this season and see if we can catch a good break. Like real life though, no illusions that our pitching staff is good enough to win the WS.

Next season things get interesting. Burnett is supposed to retire in real life & probably will here too, and Walker will be gone, so the Kang/Mercer middle infield will be a reality.

Top Bottom