• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

KaYotiX

Banned
On the way home to dive into this and learn it fast before we start :) Grabbing that all in one app asap. Gotta have player faces.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If you do I'd be interested. Never heard of this game before.

Edit: If he comes through with a copy, I'll volunteer to be the Phillies. They are my favorite team after all. If not it's no biggie.

I think Shiv already has the Phils claimed.

eznark

Banned
Got it working, ran into some weird conflict with OOTP 14 and 15 so I had to delete ALL of my OOTP filed and refresh the installs.

now to reload the other league I am in. I swear this happens every other year....

Shiv47

yeah just saw :p my bad.

Edit: Shiv, no matter what you do, you'll do better than RAJ :)

You say that now...to be honest, I haven't heard much about the Phillies since the Cardinals beat them in 2011. I know they suck. But I will endeavor to deliver a winner to imaginary digital Phillies fans!

eznark

Banned
We getting there boyz.

I think we'll probably "only" use the MLB (and its affiliates), Japanese League and Cuban League. the sims take forever if you do every league and I just don't see a real reason for it. Once we get a league up and running on test I'll see exactly how long the sim takes and how huge the file is.

I know they suck. But I will endeavor to deliver a winner to imaginary digital Phillies fans!

howard.jpg

Might as well try to solve world hunger, bring peace to the middle east and find good pizza in Los Angeles.

brentech

Game is pretty janky when it comes to adding everyone into the online league. Even though we have our server, everyone is going to have to download a file that we'll link later, and then extract it into their OOTP saved games folder (which I have already made a gif for to help those that might need it).

Once that is done, all other setup and maintenance is done within the game.
When we tried to use the in-game quick join online league option, it disabled the leagues ftp settings in the menus for whatever reason.

eznark

Banned
While janky, the nice thing about it is that it means this league is portable. We can easily move to OOTP 17 and beyond!

Is anyone else finding that the rate of injury is kind of high on default settings? Might just be a small sample size

I was looking at something the other day about last year's game I think that was saying that the high setting is supposed to be the most realistic for baseball now. I don't know if that's true but there are a lot of injuries in baseball.

XiaNaphryz

I'm guessing one of the first things that'll happen in the league is the bidding war for Olivera? ;P

XiaNaphryz

is there a general ootp thread to ask questions in, or can i ask questions about it here?

I'm guessing this thread will double as the OOTP OT as well as the GAF league thread.

Speaking of questions, anyone know if you can have the pitch location window appear in other game views? It looks like it only appears in Webcast view.

sgjackson

I'm guessing this thread will double as the OOTP OT as well as the GAF league thread.

Awesome.

I have a copy of OOTP 14 I mess around with every once in a while. I have a pretty good idea on how to set up monstrous offenses having done it a handful of times now, but I still have no idea how to properly evaluate pitchers, and the quality of my pitching staff always feels like a crapshoot. Help?

brentech

In my solo league, I have 3 starting pitchers, closer (lucky I have a great backup there), and a RP all on the DL for significant time, at least 2 months each.

Game is brutal.

In my solo league, I have 3 starting pitchers, closer (lucky I have a great backup there), and a RP all on the DL for significant time, at least 2 months each.

Game is brutal.

4 of my INFs went down around the same time wtf. and i have the injury thing at normal. high is considered to be realistic to modern day MLB, im afraid what would happen with that setting

eznark

Banned
I'm not at all opposed to turning injuries down. I'll play with it a bit and you guys should too. Sim some seasons and see what you like. The injury rate in this game, while maybe realistic (I question this at times), can be super frustrating.

Nightz

In my league, I've got my 3 starting outfielders, 2 starting pitchers and my closer all on the DL with injuries ranging from 3 weeks to 6 months. Wanted to promote some dudes up from AAA but they're injured as well. -_-

TheCrow

Played two seasons on the default injury setting and only had 3 or 4 injuries that made me use the 60 day DL. Luckily I had a couple guys in triple a that performed decently.

Top Bottom