• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Back. Trip got cut short because my dogsitter decided to let my dog run away and now she's been gone for 3 days with no sign. She's chipped, tagged, posters everywhere, everyone possible notified. She just vanished. Everything right now is shit.

But congrats to the Braves!! Well played, good sirs.

Was just happy to participate in the glory of the GOBL WS.

Um, did anybody else's manager get fired?? I see a news article saying that the Cardinals fired Matheny but I certainly didn't fire him (nor did I want to fire him), his contract wasn't up, and there's nothing from my owner saying he fired him.

Not sure what is up with that. He won't consider an offer from me and now I have millions of expenses already on the books from paying out his contract.

Rommel

Love how Seattle gained .9 War by Boom Boom retiring

And screw my owner. I want you to have $17 mil profit by 2019, oh and I'm slashing your budget $10 mil

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Um, did anybody else's manager get fired?? I see a news article saying that the Cardinals fired Matheny but I certainly didn't fire him (nor did I want to fire him), his contract wasn't up, and there's nothing from my owner saying he fired him.

Not sure what is up with that. He won't consider an offer from me and now I have millions of expenses already on the books from paying out his contract.

I think I saw another manager get fired a couple updates back as well.

Maybe the owners got tired of their shit and pulled rank over the GMs, lol.

My assistant GM is done. Is there any purpose to keeping an assistant GM in OOTP? I really don't care if I have one or not, unless he is serving some important role in the game. I see that big red VACANT though, and it makes me nervous. :p

Congrats to the Braves, and to everyone on making it through our inaugural season!

I think we have mostly ironed out the kinks and can start tweaking a little bit. The only major thing we need to do is adjust starting pitcher stamina down to Low (apparently this is the "present" setting).

Any other issues people are having? I was happy with the pace of the season for sure. It'll slow down a little bit now as we go into arbitration and free agency and the like, but this is the time when you should be more active.

I thought that the "caught stealing" number seemed really high on my team. The latest update had a message with the leaders for that category and seems like that may have been league-wide? Not really a huge deal, but if there's a setting for it, maybe it could be adjusted.

I think I saw another manager get fired a couple updates back as well.

Maybe the owners got tired of their shit and pulled rank over the GMs, lol.

I fired Hinch personally right around the start of the playoffs. It wasn't the owner's doing, if that's the firing you're referring to.

I'm also curious where our "talent change randomness" setting is set. After doing quite a bit of reading, I've become comfortable altering that number away from the default for my personal league. I like having some unpredictability, some ups and downs, in terms of career arcs- it makes things more realistic imo. I've currently got it set at 135, but I've considered raising it as high as 145.

Here's a link that fueled my curiosity and got me started digging around into the nuts and bolts of the engine.

I'm also curious where our scouting is set. It may have been mentioned way back in the beginning, but I hope we're not too high in terms of accuracy. It's nice having grey areas imo.

eznark

Banned
I'm also curious where our "talent change randomness" setting is set. After doing quite a bit of reading, I've become comfortable altering that number away from the default for my personal league. I like having some unpredictability, some ups and downs, in terms of career arcs- it makes things more realistic imo. I've currently got it set at 135, but I've considered raising it as high as 145.

Here's a link that fueled my curiosity and got me started digging around into the nuts and bolts of the engine.

I'm also curious where our scouting is set. It may have been mentioned way back in the beginning, but I hope we're not too high in terms of accuracy. It's nice having grey areas imo.

I did not adjust any of those settings. I have since adjusted the pitcher stamina. I'll be uploading in a bit.

ryseing

I actually need to log in today.

It was nice having a break during the playoffs. Hopefully that won't be the case next season though.

And of course the game needs to update first. Can you give me a couple of hours before you upload Ez? I have to download multiple things and my internet is shite.

Out of sheer curiosity, I went to see what Torii Hunter wanted for a contract, since he's Very Popular. He wants 4 years (plus two vesting option years) at $16MM/yr! Get fucked Torii!

This guy.

Outside of SS and LF, I basically need everything as I try to get players that fit my mold. Don't care about age or money really, but they have to be the type of players I'm looking for.

I might not have anything that you need but if you want to give a look over of my roster/minors let me know if anything you see is interesting.

Beckx

Ugh. I just couldn't make it through making offers to all the open coaching slots. Hit the wall at single A. Those guys I'll deal with tomorrow.

ryseing

Out of sheer curiosity, I went to see what Torii Hunter wanted for a contract, since he's Very Popular. He wants 4 years (plus two vesting option years) at $16MM/yr! Get fucked Torii!

One of my goals is acquire a very popular player, so I looked into Torii for a short contract.

LOL NO.

I'm desperate for a CFer but not Torii Hunter desperate.

You still want Delino?

Looking to move either Tomas or Inciarte this offseason feel free to make offers

Now you want to get rid of Inciarte. Goddamnit.

ryseing

Top ranked by OSA standards you mean. ;P

Yeah. Mine's third and has prospects I absolutely hate.

OSA is weird.

For now I'm waiting until free agency starts before I take any offers, unless people blow me out of the water.

I'm not giving up a lot of value for light hitting CFers with no on base skills though.

Shh.

Not looking for a ton for him though. If you have a decent catcher I'm willing to combo him + someone else.

Sigh.

Pro-tip, don't have your ass GM handle sign/fire personnel. After seeing an offer to a guy I definitely don't want, I realized something has to be up. I guess I changed that setting to assistant GM so he's the reason Matheny was dumped and there's an offer out for a guy I don't want.

Pretty much screwed over my team for the near future :( If I wasn't about to waste a total of $10 million on him firing a guy I didn't want fired, and hiring a guy I don't want, he'd be out the door already.

brentech

Indians interest (don't necessarily think I have a chance at all of them, but just putting it out there): SS Lindor / P Kluber / P Bauer not available.

Preliminary, still working on it. I didn't look at contract details or ensure that the teams still have future rights, but will be doing so If you have any interest in my guys.

ARI Ender Inciarte
MIL Josh Fellhaurer
KC Lorenzo Cain
STL Steven Piscotty
BOS Jackie Bradley Jr
MIN Byron Buxton
BAL Jonathan Schoop
NYM Matt Reynolds
PIT Edward Salcedo

Or do anything, really. Beane put both Nolin and Bassitt on waivers for reasons that are mystifying.

And I'm grateful to Billy-ball. I don't know what I'll get from Nolin, but we're (Twins) so pitching bereft (at the big-league level) that I currently have him penciled in as my # 3 starter. I should have gobbled up Bassitt too. (I somehow missed him.) But yeah, I think it's best to handle everything yourself.

Indians interest (don't necessarily think I have a chance at all of them, but just putting it out there): SS Lindor / P Kluber / P Bauer not available.

Preliminary, still working on it. I didn't look at contract details or ensure that the teams still have future rights, but will be doing so If you have any interest in my guys.

MIN Byron Buxton

I'm mostly always open to negotiating and trying to make deals that are beneficial to both parties, but not with Buxton. I'm hoping for him to be a real cornerstone for us. Maybe he doesn't reach his potential, but he could be absolutely incredible, and that's something I've got to hold onto.

Matt Holliday is available. Looking to get younger and upgrade my infield.

ARI Ender Inciarte
MIL Josh Fellhaurer
KC Lorenzo Cain
STL Steven Piscotty
BOS Jackie Bradley Jr
MIN Byron Buxton
BAL Jonathan Schoop
NYM Matt Reynolds
PIT Edward Salcedo
I'm always open to trades, only exceptions would be my young Sis. Piscotty would be available, the offer would have to be good though. Nice young, cheap player with good upside.

Top Bottom