• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Damn, this might be one sided.
Braves only dropped one game in the playoffs so far.

Clearly fantasy baseball. :p

Seriously though, congrats to them. They won 4 straight to just get in as a WC, if I remember correctly, too. (Not looking at OOTP at the moment.) Get in, get hot, get champagne.

Damn it Alex Wood was only at 80% cause he threw 130 fucking pitches the last game and I had to start Archer. Wood will finish it off the next game so we won't have to go back to Oakland, hopefully.

Oh shit BRAVES WIN BRAVES WIN!!!!!!!!!

dogpile.jpg

Andrelton Simmons MVP!!!!

andrelton-simmons-freddie-freeman-mlb-atlanta-braves-pittsburgh-pirates-850x560.jpg

eznark

Banned
Congrats to the Braves, and to everyone on making it through our inaugural season!

I think we have mostly ironed out the kinks and can start tweaking a little bit. The only major thing we need to do is adjust starting pitcher stamina down to Low (apparently this is the "present" setting).

Any other issues people are having? I was happy with the pace of the season for sure. It'll slow down a little bit now as we go into arbitration and free agency and the like, but this is the time when you should be more active.

eznark

Banned
The next advance will be one day again, to get us to the offseason officially and to make sure the pitcher stamina changes worked. I haven't changed settings mid-game before so I just want to be safe.

After that I will advance a week at a time again as I think the only things you can really do are coach signings and arb offers (which aren't a negotiation) until November 26th, when salary arbitration hearings start.

On november 29th we have free agency filings.

on December 1st we have the Rule 5 Draft, so make sure you have a handle on your 40 man.

Congrats to the Braves, and to everyone on making it through our inaugural season!

I think we have mostly ironed out the kinks and can start tweaking a little bit. The only major thing we need to do is adjust starting pitcher stamina down to Low (apparently this is the "present" setting).

Any other issues people are having? I was happy with the pace of the season for sure. It'll slow down a little bit now as we go into arbitration and free agency and the like, but this is the time when you should be more active.

Does anyone else get a lot of repeat emails inside your GMs email box? It gets kinda annoying.

This game can be so weird at times. Brad Ausmus' contract was up and instead of resigning with me he decided to take a job managing in low A ball. Anthony Gose turned down a contract offer only to ask for a lower one.

eznark

Banned
My goals for next year:

Don't suck completely
Acquire a hometown player (fuck you)
Upgrade at left field (fuck Khris Davis!)

eznark

Banned
um.....fuck

I accidentally finished voting. I assumed the "Finish Voting" button was just to indicate that my ballot was complete!

My goals for next year:

Don't suck completely
Acquire a hometown player (fuck you)
Upgrade at left field (fuck Khris Davis!)

I have to find a nationally popular player (Nelson Cruz just wasn't popular enough, play .500 ball and the nebulous "build your team up to make the playoffs in the next 5 years".

I apparently failed all my goals for this past season :(

In other news Willie "Boom Boom" Bloomquist and Joe Beimel have retired.

On a funny note, Like Greggerson satisfied the "sign a Top Player" goal. lol

You're welcome.

Trumbo did not satisfy the 'upgrade 1st' goal. Bummer.
And I see that no team lost more money than me, and only 3 teams lost money at all. Thanks for nothing, garbage Houston fans. I need to find a way to get 3000+ more per game out, while probably cutting salary even further and raising ticket prices. Should be fun. They better fucking fall in love with Correa in a hurry.

This game can be so weird at times. Brad Ausmus' contract was up and instead of resigning with me he decided to take a job managing in low A ball. Anthony Gose turned down a contract offer only to ask for a lower one.

It's almost like they're not even real people. ;) But yeah, there are some weird things in the engine. I really enjoy the game, but these sort of things can sometimes pull me out of the fantasy a bit. Still great fun, nonetheless.

Pyrogeek

I won't be able to put my update in until after I get home from work this evening, though don't wait on my account.

I'll be traveling overseas so will have limited access to update until I get back next week, as well. I should still be able to handle trade requests or similar things, though.

brentech

Felt good to end some negotiations with some of those guys.
Others, I might regret, but I'm trying to build each position with a very specific set of skills.

I'm willing to listen to offers for SS/2B Danny Santana if anyone is interested. I'm looking for pitching and/or prospect(s) (positions negotiable) and for a trade partner to take back an unwanted contract in return. (Ervin Santana or Ricky Nolasco) If you've got any interest, lemme know.

Top Bottom