• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Just cause I keep getting asked, the guys I'm looking to move most are dudes like Chris Taylor and Jesus Montero, players I don't have a lot of room for at the ML level. However I prefer to get similarly flawed/contract status players back.

IE Chris Taylor is gold glove caliber defender at SS/2B with multiple years of team control and limited offensive upside. If you want to swap a high defense low offense CFer for him then that's okay. Or a high offense low defense CFer.

If you are going to ask about guys who are sitting are below my AAA level then you're going to have to bring more value to the table. I'll be honest my system is heavy on 1B and SS and low on CF, but I have a few ideas of how to work that out if I can't find a deal to my liking.

eznark

Banned
i guess if it bothers you changes r needed. i just met his demands

Well, it bothers me that he accepted it, not that you offered it. It doesn't look like you did anything funky. Maybe moved some money out of the first two years? But nothing egregious.

Cleveland and Milwaukee have a trade in principal.

League question: do we want to hold all transactions until the winter meetings?

Cheaper than the Strasburg, Price and Zimmerman extensions, FWIW.

Something like $50 million less and two years longer than what I had to give Price to extend him. The $150+ million I gave Price was still a bit below what he wanted (like maybe 1 mill a year less than he asked for).

In my solo game, I just got five more years of 30 year-old Tanaka for $1.1M each year, and the last two years are team options.

The game is kooky.

Rumour has another trade going down at the Winter Meetings. It reportedly nearly went down at the trade deadline but didn't go through as the Cards wanted to keep their guy for one last playoff push.

eznark

Banned
So the way we do it in my other league is everyone submits their list of players they want to draft then the commish manually goes through it.

It's a Rule 5, so honestly there shouldn't be a ton of guys drafted so I can probably handle that. We'll do it that way this time and see how it goes.

More pressing issues, Arb hearings are tomorrow, so if you haven't uploaded in a few sim's you want to make sure and check your arb numbers. I'll be advancing tonight at 4:30 ish.

Sweet. Only lost one arb case.

And it's free agency time! Good thing I'm still $15MM over budget (with my 29th of 30 payroll no less) and can't sign anyone!

Seriously, if anyone want's Lowrie, Trumbo, Neshek, Castro, or Valbuena, you can practically have them for nothing.

brentech

Highly recommend using the in game trade options for 'on the block' so other managers can see. Available doesn't put them in any list I'm aware of.

Would be really useful going into these winter meetings.

Ugh, I kinda messed up with Hundley's new contract. The game ended up awarding him the team option for 2016, then tacking on the contract I offered him on top of that one, essentially locking him up for 2 guaranteed years instead of the one year I meant to offer. I guess I had to make sure to void the team option first. If you don't respond to it, I'm assuming the team accepts the option automatically?

My only hope is that David Glass dies and his son or whoever really wants a winner! I have $0 for free agent signings. Alex Gordon is gone even though one of my goals was to extend him. I did not do well in arbitration. The 2016 Kansas City Royals are dooooomed!

Highly recommend using the in game trade options for 'on the block' so other managers can see. Available doesn't put them in any list I'm aware of.

Would be really useful going into these winter meetings.

Doesn't it- at least with some players- have a negative effect on players' morale to be placed 'on the block'? That's my only hesitation with going that route. It's a handy feature, but I'm reluctant to mess with the mojo of guys I may have to depend on if there are no takers. I'd like to keep everything on the hush-hush until deals are done, if possible.

Rommel

My only hope is that David Glass dies and his son or whoever really wants a winner! I have $0 for free agent signings. Alex Gordon is gone even though one of my goals was to extend him. I did not do well in arbitration. The 2016 Kansas City Royals are dooooomed!

I see other owners out there in the available personal section. I dream one of them will buy my team.

Pyrogeek

I will be back from my overseas trip on Friday. In the meantime, I'm happy to discuss any trade options folks may have with the Nationals, via IM.

Beckx

Okay, another year of Neil Walker for $11M? I'll take that.

Almost all my arbitration decisions went in favor of the team, and the couple that went for the player weren't too bad. This year's team salary is kind of high but when Walker and Melancon depart next year it should rationalize.

Salcedo may be available now. I just don't see how I can fit him into the organization with Bell and Harrison looking like they'll be the corners for the future. I need SP and RP, comparable prospects if possible. (I am not interested in any offers that include Bell, Meadows, Broxton, or my SP/RP prospects. ML starting players are generally untouchable except at C. Not interested in trading Walker unless the season goes into the tank.)

There was one instance where the player asked for less money in arbitration than I offered and they ruled in my favor, so I ended up paying more than I should have lol

Top Bottom