• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

BigAT

Wow. Outside of the 1 game playoff, I thought the rest of baseball postseason was best of 7.

dac15_fade.gif

Smokey-tier level of baseball.

Everything should be best of 7 though, BO5 is awful.

BigAT

Has a manager ever been fired in the middle of the playoffs? My guy keeps starting Billy Hamilton at SS (35) instead of putting him in center (70).

I just downloaded the file and it's still saying it's the 10th. And it says there's not a newer league file.

Deleted the league files and downloaded the update again and it's still fucking up. Tells me it's in March now. Wtf

So what happens to a player's contract when his career ends? I had Shields locked up for a few more years at $21m per year.

I think it goes away. Gerritt Cole signed an extension with the Pirates in my offline league and then got hurt, had a setback and retired.

Seems to happen a decent amount to pitchers in this game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Resigned Kevin Jepsen to a 1 year 3 million dollar deal in the middle of the year. Honestly don't need him considering hes like my 7th best reliever (actually 8th once I get Venters back next year) even at a pretty good rating. So yeah hes available. Looking for an okay cheap bench bat.

Pyrogeek

Congrats to the Braves who swept my Nationals team 3-0 in the Divisional Round.

On to the post season for me!

I'm pretty happy with my pitching for next season, even without Doug Fister who is asking too much. I'll need a day or two to review things, but I'll likely hit the trade market to improve my offense.

I offered contracts to my 18 minor league coaching vacancies and it all got wiped out. I think my latest upload was bad timing. I think a new league file was made available during the time I was making the changes, so when I uploaded, it wasn't to the latest leageu file. Oh well. I just changed it to have the Assistant GM do it. We'll see how it works out.

I offered contracts to my 18 minor league coaching vacancies and it all got wiped out. I think my latest upload was bad timing. I think a new league file was made available during the time I was making the changes, so when I uploaded, it wasn't to the latest leageu file. Oh well. I just changed it to have the Assistant GM do it. We'll see how it works out.

I think you can just import your file and work from there before the next update.

BigAT

I really regret not firing my manager earlier, the things he was doing to my lineup that were out of my control were absurd. I didn't want to shake the boat or upset the team as long as they were in playoff contention, but it probably didn't help in the long run.

Everyone knew going into the season that game 7 of the ALCS would be a battle of Drews. Pomeranz vs Rucinski.

Been a great series so far. Back and forth, late rallys. Some dominating pitching from guys like CJ Wilson and Dayan Viciedo tearing the cover off the ball. Wish this series was IRL, would love to watch it.

I'm heading out of country for a week. I've put Billy Beane in charge of things until I get back, so I won't be uploading.

Have fun to the World Series contestants and GG Angels.

Pyrogeek

Does anybody need a good bat in left field? I need to open up some salary and have Jason Werth with three years left on his contract. He was a huge bat with 24 HR and a great average, I just need the salary and have brought up Michael Taylor from triple-A during the end of the season.

I'm willing to make a deal there if anyone has the salary room.

I've tried to update twice and both times I got an error. It says " an error occurred while loading the database. Could not load world file." Is this problem just on my end?

Oh it might be because I don't have the new patch installed yet

I've tried to update twice and both times I got an error. It says " an error occurred while loading the database. Could not load world file." Is this problem just on my end?

Oh it might be because I don't have the new patch installed yet

Same problem here, but I also don't have the patch installed though.

Got the same error, it is indeed because we haven't updated. I usually wait a day before I update as the steam patch takes longer to get pushed out.

Won game one on the road! Even if we lose the rest this has been an amazing run!

A lot of my players ratings and potential show one thing in the lineups and their profile page and then show different ratings in their scouting report and it's all set for my scout not OSA. The difference is usually only a couple of points but I just thought that was weird. I mentioned this before but I just noticed that it's doing this for a lot more of my players now.

eznark

Banned
Since Oakland is on auto-pilot, we are moving at the speed of Atlanta. Going to upload now. 1 day at a time til the series is over.

Up 2-0 going to Atlanta! Just can't lose 4 straight like in 96. Which happened the same way by winning the first two on the road.

Oh no my 2nd hottest RP is hurt for 3 weeks!

Uploaded my file. Atlanta is ready.

Top Bottom