• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
Ugh, welp. I'll be going by the draft log and placing guys onto the appropriate active roster. I will have to manually track add/drops all fucking year now. God damn it.

e: ^4 of my guys shouldn't have been available as per my post below:
No one was involved and you weren't up against the 40 man.
Just thinking off the top of my head, I have no idea what's up.

Here's what I have showing on my team (didn't make any roster changes since the download, just a contract offer to a FA):
These 4 on my active and 40-man roster who were selected but still correctly on my team.
Wp1HOBj.png

I don't know why Cabrera and Casilla are showing as rule 5 eligible.

But looking deeper:
These 2 were chosen, were on minor league teams and not my 40 man/active roster but still on my team:
kFfFys3.png

eTOfKhe.png

Xavier Scruggs was also taken, I honestly don't recall where he was (99% sure not on my active/40-man) but he would likely have been in the same situation as the two above but he's actually on the Mariners now.

Actually surprised I got Rowen. Tuivailala was my #2.

And per my scout, Rowen is immediately my best rated pitcher, and got slotted at closer. Let's see how the league likes a shut-down groundballer who throws 80.

BigAT

So prior to the draft I was told I had 0 eligible Rule 5 players. But somehow I still ended up losing two people off my roster?

brentech

So prior to the draft I was told I had 0 eligible Rule 5 players. But somehow I still ended up losing two people off my roster?

I think before the draft it tells you how many good prospects are elgible. (some sort of wording that means that)

Not sure how it determines who is a good prospect or not though. Still shitty.

eznark

Banned
Yeah it tells you if you have anyone worth protecting basically, but it's almost always shitty. Honestly though, it's pretty rare even in this game to lose any sort of superstar so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I'm going to be out of town all week. I will try and fix the Rule 5 stuff Sunday night but it might not be til Monday, unless Brent gets to it. Then I will be on hotel wifi the rest of the week, and running from Madison to Chicago Friday and Saturday. Assume no regular updates for the rest of the week and be pleasantly surprised if I manage to get them in.

brentech

In the meantime, I'm working on making it so if the league file got stuck while uploading or just isn't there for any reason, it will tell you that on the export page instead of just the latest upload time. (particularly useful because files get dated with a new time when you start the upload and then when you finish the upload).

Hopefully done today. Just trying to make sure it's done in a way that works with any league file name, not just the gobl league.

DId you check your entire roster? I think they mark prospects who are rule 5 eligible with a # or ! or one of those. I was actually going through every other teams rosters looking specifically for those players before the pool went up just to see what was going to be there.

BigAT

DId you check your entire roster? I think they mark prospects who are rule 5 eligible with a # or ! or one of those. I was actually going through every other teams rosters looking specifically for those players before the pool went up just to see what was going to be there.

No, I didn't bother looking after my front page thing said there were 0 players eligible.

brentech

Right now I made it so you know if the file is simply not available/in the process of updating by showing a message in red saying the league file is in processing or failed upload.

The normal message with time stamp in green so long as the file exists in its full form. So that's when the date would matter.

brentech

Alright, to ensure the league doesn't lose interest, I'm going to try to move things along. If you drafted a player in the Rule 5 Draft, they must be on your MLB roster. If not, someone is getting bounced.

Will move players from the trades that list, but didn't actually move as well.

In the meantime, if we know anyone that wants to fill the spots of

AL East
Blue Jays - OPEN

NL East
Marlins - OPEN
Phillies - OPEN

NL West
Dodgers - OPEN

Do let me know.

brentech

Just simmed one day. It will be available for download in the next 10 minutes.

Trades had to be reissues, so it might show up in your news twice, but players are on the right teams now from the trade. Might not be on the right roster, but they are in the correct organization.
Rule 5 players have all been promoted to active roster. They have to remain there all season or they get dropped to FA. Game screwed up so we're going to have to monitor it.

I made a back up of the league file before doing any of this in case anything got weird. If anything is broken or in a completely wrong place, we can revert. For the most part, I think everything should be able to be fixed without backdating.

Edit: Uploaded wrong file. New one is not up. Give me time. The fix should be up by 10:40 est if you want to check it

Just simmed one day. It will be available for download in the next 10 minutes.

Trades had to be reissues, so it might show up in your news twice, but players are on the right teams now from the trade. Might not be on the right roster, but they are in the correct organization.
Rule 5 players have all been promoted to active roster. They have to remain there all season or they get dropped to FA. Game screwed up so we're going to have to monitor it.

I made a back up of the league file before doing any of this in case anything got weird. If anything is broken or in a completely wrong place, we can revert. For the most part, I think everything should be able to be fixed without backdating.

Edit: Uploaded wrong file. New one is not up. Give me time. The fix should be up by 10:40 est if you want to check it

Send me a message on steam when you're done and I'll give it a whirl.

brentech

Nah, I just realized since I was uploading and then downloading in the game to see if it was okay, I was overwriting my changes. You can see a lot of rule 5 guys not on the active roster.

I had it all done and uploaded the wrong file. I'll get it done later and just post when it's up. I know what I did, I just screwed up after the fact.

brentech

Not yet. I realized it's not just a matter of players from rule 5 not being on active roster, but some guys aren't even in the right organization. That thing really fudged up.

Going to look and see if I can edit players to be locked as a rule 5 player but I don't think it's possible.

Away from PC now, will fix what I can and update it later tonight.

brentech

So, what happened was that the game didn't treat the rule 5 draftees like....rule 5 draftees.
The game isn't marking them as such, so we have to manually keep track of them unless we find a solution (which I don't believe there is one by combing over the OOTP forums).

Also, some of the players were drafted by Team A from Team B, and were still on Team B. So if you drafted someone from Rule 5, make sure they are on your roster. I went through and moved a couple guys, but just be sure.

Remember they must stay on that active roster or they get returned to the original team.
File was fixed and uploaded late last night so I might advance a full 7 days today sometime around 5-6pm.
(I don't see any upcoming events that warrants slowing it down until the Winter Meetings).

For Note Keeping said:
Minnesota Twins: Drafted RP Sam Tuivailala in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 1, 1st overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Houston Astros: Drafted CL Ben Rowen in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 2, 2nd overall Pick), from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Milwaukee Brewers: Drafted RP Lisalverto Bonilla in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 3, 3rd overall Pick), from the Texas Rangers.

Arizona Diamondbacks: Drafted 2B Taylor Lindsey in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 5, 5th overall Pick), from the San Diego Padres.

Seattle Mariners: Drafted 1B Xavier Scruggs in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 12, 12th overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

St. Louis Cardinals: Drafted C Ryan Lavarnway in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 18, 18th overall Pick), from the Baltimore Orioles.

Colorado Rockies: Drafted C Juan Centeno in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 19, 19th overall Pick), from the Milwaukee Brewers.

Boston Red Sox: Drafted C Jack Murphy in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 21, 21st overall Pick), from the Toronto Blue Jays.

Los Angeles Angels: Drafted RP Daniel Webb in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 22, 22nd overall Pick), from the Chicago White Sox.

Oakland Athletics: Drafted CF Thomas Pham in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 24, 24th overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Cincinnati Reds: Drafted CF Gary Brown in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 25, 25th overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Tampa Bay Rays: Drafted 3B Eric S. Campbell in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 27, 27th overall Pick), from the New York Mets.

Washington Nationals: Drafted SS Everth Cabrera in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 28, 28th overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Baltimore Orioles: Drafted CF Mason Williams in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 30, 30th overall Pick), from the New York Yankees.

Milwaukee Brewers: Drafted RP Heath Hembree in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 3, 33rd overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.

Arizona Diamondbacks: Drafted 2B Sean Coyle in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 5, 35th overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.

Boston Red Sox: Drafted RP Brett Marshall in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 21, 51st overall Pick), from the Colorado Rockies.

Los Angeles Angels: Drafted C Ramon Cabrera in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 22, 52nd overall Pick), from the Cincinnati Reds.

Cincinnati Reds: Drafted SS Dixon Machado in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 25, 55th overall Pick), from the Detroit Tigers.

Tampa Bay Rays: Drafted RP Carlos Contreras in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 27, 57th overall Pick), from the Cincinnati Reds.

Washington Nationals: Drafted C Michael Ohlman in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 28, 58th overall Pick), from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Baltimore Orioles: Drafted RF Bryce Brentz in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 30, 60th overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.

Seattle Mariners: Drafted CL Enosil Tejeda in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 12, 72nd overall Pick), from the Cleveland Indians.

Miami Marlins: Drafted RP Jason Garcia in the 2015 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 13, 73rd overall Pick), from the Baltimore Orioles.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If anyone is interested in John Jaso, Kirby Yates or Kevin Jepsen lemme know.

Looking for either a decent utility guy (really needs to be able to play 2B and SS, anything else is gravy) to come off my bench or some young SP depth for my minors. Also has to be cheap salary wise because I'm the Rays and totally broke.

eznark

Banned
So, what happened was that the game didn't treat the rule 5 draftees like....rule 5 draftees.
The game isn't marking them as such, so we have to manually keep track of them unless we find a solution (which I don't believe there is one by combing over the OOTP forums).

Also, some of the players were drafted by Team A from Team B, and were still on Team B. So if you drafted someone from Rule 5, make sure they are on your roster. I went through and moved a couple guys, but just be sure.

Remember they must stay on that active roster or they get returned to the original team.
File was fixed and uploaded late last night so I might advance a full 7 days today sometime around 5-6pm.
(I don't see any upcoming events that warrants slowing it down until the Winter Meetings).

Had any one else reported that problem? I just went through and drafted guys using the in game rule five draft, don't get why it wouldn't have worked.

brentech

No, but there was like 5 players that had to be manually moved to the new team when I went through the list. Think I got them all.

Any chance you can do the sim a little bit later? Any time there's a late sim and then an early one the next day I usually don't get home in time to make changes. There's a couple of offers I'd like to make. But won't get a chance to until after work.

brentech

Any chance you can do the sim a little bit later? Any time there's a late sim and then an early one the next day I usually don't get home in time to make changes. There's a couple of offers I'd like to make. But won't get a chance to until after work.

That should be fine. How much later?

Did forget about offers, so I think we have to sim in smaller bunches. 3 days sims

That should be fine. How much later?

Did forget about offers, so I think we have to sim in smaller bunches. 3 days sims
7 or so (eastern). But if you shorten the simple length, it probably wouldn't be a problem. The 7 days had me worried.

The only issue I've had is a sometimes late night sim followed by an early one the next day which didn't give me a chance to upload before getting home from work. Unfortunately I can't install ootp on my work computer or it wouldn't be an issue.

brentech

It's going to be 3 day advance.
I'll do it at 7 tonight and then back to the regular 4:30 or so the rest of the week until eznark is back and does his thing.

Trying my best to find some people to fill our vacancies.

It's going to be 3 day advance.
I'll do it at 7 tonight and then back to the regular 4:30 or so the rest of the week until eznark is back and does his thing.

Trying my best to find some people to fill our vacancies.

Yeah, I hope we can. It's obviously less exciting with a bunch of bot teams filling out the league. I wonder if it's permissible to make a separate thread to announce vacancies. I doubt too many people interested in the game check this thread regularly, assuming that everything is established and all teams are filled.

brentech

Must be gaf members. This thread is where the community is.
We're not going to deal with checking multiple places for transactions and whatnots

Yeah, I hope we can. It's obviously less exciting with a bunch of bot teams filling out the league. I wonder if it's permissible to make a separate thread to announce vacancies. I doubt too many people interested in the game check this thread regularly, assuming that everything is established and all teams are filled.
I thought that we could maybe PM a mod to change the thread title to mention having some spots open.

brentech

How much of a time commitment is it? I've played enough OOTP now that I wouldn't feel completely clueless.

It's pretty limited. Not required to do something every day, but maybe 10 minutes a day if you're on top of it.
Maybe more if you really want to take charge of every bit of your team.

It's pretty limited. Not required to do something every day, but maybe 10 minutes a day if you're on top of it.
Maybe more if you really want to take charge of every bit of your team.
Hey brentech, can you bump my fan interest back to 84? It was at 87 then took a hit to 84 and then 81 due to them reacting to the Wainwright trade twice.

brentech

I'm not seeing a direct history of fan interest changes. You also lost like 4 players via Rule 5 draft. I really don't know that the interest is all from one source. Going to let head commish eznark decide on that one.

Segura living on the edge.
FVGTu9j.png

I'm not seeing a direct history of fan interest changes. You also lost like 4 players via Rule 5 draft. I really don't know that the interest is all from one source. Going to let head commish eznark decide on that one.

I was tracking it manually but I also got two emails mentioning the major loss in fan interest due to it having to go through twice. If it isn't changed it's not the end of the world, it's just a result of the issues with the trade originally.

How in the fuck do you get your fan interest so high? I just thought 80 was the max for it like with player ratings since mine stopped at 79 even after the WS lol.

brentech

It'll probably get adjusted back to 84. Just annoying that we can't view the cause and effect. I don't think eznark will disagree. I know for sure it was at 87 when I checked before the latest advance.

Top Bottom