• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

BigAT

Are you guys getting responses from free agents? I offered one on the first day it was open and still haven't heard back.

KaYotiX

Banned
How much of a time commitment is it? I've played enough OOTP now that I wouldn't feel completely clueless.

Not alot, my job requires me to be gone every other day or so and I get most stuff done. I miss a few chances to update but it's only a few days of siming so it really isn't that big of deal.

It's pretty fun, never thought I'd get into a game like this so much.

eznark

Banned
84 v. 87 is irrelevant. You had too many transactions during that process to know for sure what caused it, including losing some talent in the Rule 5, so I don't see a great reason to change it.

If you are super super upset about it then fine, it just kind of doesn't matter. It'll be back up after a free agent signing or whatever.

If anyone needs a first baseman I've made Logan Morrison, Ji Man Choi and Jesus Montero all available.

LogDog was second among AL first baseman in WAR last year, he has 2 ARB years left and is making something like $8mm for 2016. In exchange I'd be willing to take a similarly salaried/similarly aged CFer or utility infielder.

I've also thrown Yoervis Media on the block if anyone wants a high strike out right handed reliever.

brentech

We have advanced 3 days.

RF S. Saito signed with PIT @ 8,545,000 6y
1B C.Cron extended with LAA @ 6,450,000 3y
CF A. Altherr signed with LAA @ 2,600,00 2y
RF Y. Rodriguez signed with SEA @ 800,000 1y
RP C. Bedrosian extended with LAA @ 1,622,500 2y

Good lord. I offered Saito 1 year at $850k. Guess Pittsburgh really wanted him.

Also Eznark signed with Seattle to be my back up catcher and Austin Jackson decided to take a 1 year prove it deal in Seattle.

Beckx

Good lord. I offered Saito 1 year at $850k. Guess Pittsburgh really wanted him.

Also Eznark signed with Seattle to be my back up catcher and Austin Jackson decided to take a 1 year prove it deal in Seattle.

No, I Rommel'd. Oh well (at least the last years are team options). I feel like the pressure to be good is now off though so yay! I can now wreck Huntington's team with wild abandon.

Also I'm getting "Error: Could not open a connection to the FTP server" :/ Edit: fixed by rebooting. Got the RP I wanted. I'm pretty much done with FA, heh.

I guess I really do have to hire single A coaches now that I have nothing else left to do in the offseason. Anyone looking to swap a pitching prospect for Salcedo should hit me up.

Rommel

No, I Rommel'd. Oh well (at least the last years are team options). I feel like the pressure to be good is now off though so yay! I can now wreck Huntington's team with wild abandon.

Also I'm getting "Error: Could not open a connection to the FTP server" :/ Edit: fixed by rebooting. Got the RP I wanted. I'm pretty much done with FA, heh.

I guess I really do have to hire single A coaches now that I have nothing else left to do in the offseason. Anyone looking to swap a pitching prospect for Salcedo should hit me up.

So this is a thing now? lol

ryseing

If anyone needs OF I got you covered. Smolinski can hit, DeShields is a speedster, and Kalish is a defensive wiz.

Not looking for a huge return for any of those guys. Decent prospect would be nice.

ryseing

Texas sends RF Jake Smolinski

San Francisco sends C Joaquin Velasquez
2B Christian Arroyo

Pleasure doing business with ya Xia.

Still have extra OF so PM me if that's a need.

brentech

Guess I gotta promote him. international complex isn't an option to force trade from

Said this before, but in the future, if the player isn't on 40 man roster, please state where he can be found.
Alright. Trade is done. Know that the PC auto moved that 2B to SS.

Letting the game automize the sim and upload while I leave the house. It should be up within 15-25m

BigAT

BAfro3K.jpg

But....but I'm the Reds...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If anyone needs a lefty reliever, Javier Lopez is available. I may part with Chris Heston as well for the right deal.

brentech

Top news from the cycle.
Star CF Signs Extension with Los Angeles
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Fans hailed the signing of Kole Calhoun today as the Los Angeles Angels center fielder came to terms with the club.

Set to make $10,040,000 over the upcoming 2 years, Calhoun signed primarily out of loyalty to the organization, thrilling the most diehard supporters who think there isn't much loyalty in a market driven by free agency.
In his career stats Calhoun has compiled a .278 batting average and collected 300 hits, 37 home runs and 146 RBIs.

San Francisco, Texas Agree to Deal
Wednesday, December 9th, 2015
According to BNN there were mixed emotions by the players involved in the trade between the San Francisco Giants and the Texas Rangers. As part of the deal, the Giants swapped 16-year-old minor league C Joaquín Velásquez and 20-year-old minor league SS Christian Arroyo to the Rangers getting 26-year-old LF Jake Smolinski in return. The players indicated it was good to get a fresh new start in another city, but it was difficult to leave your friends on the old team.

Smolinski has chalked up a career batting average of .288 with 120 hits, 13 homers and 61 RBIs.

brentech

I'll let eznark detail the plans on future podcasts, but in terms of soon, I believe the hope is to have one alongside the winter meetings.

Rommel

After a couple more sims of 3 days we are probably good I imagine to go back to 7 day sims or else the offseason could take too long

Almost all coaches and free agents I threw an offer at accepted. Feels like a miracle. I kind of want some better relievers. Good thing I can throw around money.

edit: I would also like another podcast. First one was very well done guys.

edit2: I think the Calhoun deal wasn't too bad. Not sure how that deal happens in RL though.

brentech

We do have a plan to do more podcasts. It's really just a matter of getting everyone together, but we want to do 4 per season. I can't remember the exact milestones, but
Eznark had spots in the season he wanted to do them. Hopefully we get that done because I think it adds a lot to the league in terms of keeping everyone's interest.

Uploading league file right now.

We have a Justin Upton signing.

Top Bottom