• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone seeing weirdness with scouting ratings?

It will say one thing in the profile view, but if you look at the Development view and look through your scout's history I have completely different numbers.

Beckx

Kinda baffled at why there is a 70 OVR closer in the Rule 5 draft.

Baffled at a lot of these guys being there. Why not attempt to trade them if they weren't worth a 40 man spot?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anyone seeing weirdness with scouting ratings?

It will say one thing in the profile view, but if you look at the Development view and look through your scout's history I have completely different numbers.

Yeah same here. Sometimes the ratings difference is really drastic, like a 20 point difference between what my scout supposedly thinks now and what he told me in his scouting reports all season long.

edit - actually thinking about it 20 isnt that drastic. would basically just be 1 star if we were still using that so its not that crazy.

eznark

Banned
Kinda baffled at why there is a 70 OVR closer in the Rule 5 draft.

Baffled at a lot of these guys being there. Why not attempt to trade them if they weren't worth a 40 man spot?

It's annoying because they only have 34 on their 40 man. The Dodgers don't have an owner but I would have expected the CPU to be better than this.

It's not a huge deal, the guy is 27 and has been stuck in AAA for four seasons so I doubt he is the next Rivera but still, shouldn't be there.

eznark

Banned
the fuck, looks like those trades didn't go through....though I have emails in my inbox regarding both of them!

This game is a mystery!

brentech

AL East
Blue Jays - OPEN

NL East
Marlins - OPEN
Phillies - ???
Nationals - ???

NL West
Dodgers - ???

Bacon (Nationals) I don't know if just hasn't felt the need to update. The others I presume gone.
Ferny (Yankees) still in.

the fuck, looks like those trades didn't go through....though I have emails in my inbox regarding both of them!

This game is a mystery!
I know right? It's weird though, my budget reflects Wainwright being gone and my fan interest level decreased as I expected. Maybe they'll be on the teams once we advance again?

brentech

I know right? It's weird though, my budget reflects Wainwright being gone and my fan interest level decreased as I expected. Maybe they'll be on the teams once we advance again?

I was wondering the same thing when I first looked yesterday. Says the trades happened and all that.

eznark

Banned

I'll advance one day after the draft tonight and hopefully it's reflected. Disappointing that it happened, was hoping we finally had this dumb game figured!

Dodgers are officially open, by the way. I just retired him.

AL East
Blue Jays - OPEN

NL East
Marlins - OPEN
Phillies - ???
Nationals - ???

NL West
Dodgers - OPEN
Man, when I first saw this thread 2 of the 3 teams I wanted (Dodgers and Nationals) were available but I didn't sign up immediately because I didn't want to commit then. Come back a couple hours later and they were taken. Funnily enough, my first choice would've been the Jays. And now all 3 are likely available.

If we get a new Jays Gm, talk to me about Batista.

It's annoying because they only have 34 on their 40 man. The Dodgers don't have an owner but I would have expected the CPU to be better than this.

It's not a huge deal, the guy is 27 and has been stuck in AAA for four seasons so I doubt he is the next Rivera but still, shouldn't be there.

I grabbed him in the Rule 5 in an offline league. He ended up pretty good!

He doesn't have top shelf velocity though so that probably hurts him some.

eznark

Banned
Haven't done anything yet, you're fine. Game won't load for me so it won't happen for awhile yet as I troubleshoot!

brentech

Nationals are active. I was just on a work trip overseas until today, so haven't been able to export. Terrible timing!

Oh see, didn't even have the right username on that cause I was asking about bacon.

AL East
Blue Jays - OPEN

NL East
Marlins - OPEN
Phillies - OPEN

NL West
Dodgers - OPEN

Saw this on Twitter:

CGvahu_VAAEHG4s.png

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

eznark

Banned
Draft is done. Tons of catchers and lots of value at RP for teams like mine (MIL) who aren't looking to contend next year.

Rommel

Seems like the trade still hasn't gone through. Anyone know where to find the Rule 5 draft recap?

Go to the Offseason center > News & Logs > Complete Transaction Log

Looks like I got two of my top 5. Interesting.

Also not seeing them on my roster which is a bit weird.

Edit: Found them on my DSL team. Lindsey to the ML and Coyle can stay in the minors it seems.

So a couple of my guys were drafted even though I put them my 40 man roster, not sure how that happens. They're still on my team though which makes sense, guess the game figured it out at some point. I had noticed something screwy with Tuivailala where he was appearing and not appearing, after a re-download though it fixed things on my end anyway.

Maybe the Wainwright trade/non-trade screwed things up?

e: I had guys on my active roster picked? That doesn't make any sense. Again, they're still on my team but I don't know why they would be listed in the first place.

Top Bottom