• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Bacon

I ran a couple season sims a few nights ago and it did feel like my simulation was being stopped frequently with injury updates. I didn't count how many there were or anything like that but it felt like a lot.

eznark

Banned
I don't mind injuries either.

Did you settle on number of games per sim & frequency of sims?

7 days per sim, plan on simming every night during the season. There will be times when we'll have a bit longer between sims (last day of ST, draft, etc.) when we have important stuff that needs to get done and times when we don't sim 7 days (during free agency for example).

But the general plan is we sim every a week every day (which will realistically be four or five times a week, I have shit to do too!)

Think the injuries may be small sample size.

Simmed two full seasons so far, have not run into injury epidemics.

Injuries have been significantly increased in OOTP 14 and OOTP 15. Two full seasons without significant injury is an outlier in my experience, but I hope so!

Oh I've had season ending injuries in the two seasons I've run, but I wouldn't say the frequency of major injuries was alarming, or outside of my own perceived norms. I could be totally wrong and just lucky though. Small sample size.

eznark

Banned

Injuries have been significantly increased in OOTP 14 and OOTP 15. Two full seasons without significant injury is an outlier in my experience, but I hope so!

G-Fex

first couple weeks of my team got like several fucking injuries :\ Even managers got injured

Ah well, gotta re-read this manual several times.

I think it was some minor league managers, apparently they pulled their hamstrings or something go figure.

ap3.jpg

Coaching is dangerous.

Oh I've had season ending injuries in the two seasons I've run, but I wouldn't say the frequency of major injuries was alarming, or outside of my own perceived norms. I could be totally wrong and just lucky though. Small sample size.

Yea I think this might be the case. I'm looking at GP stats for each team at the end of my first season, everything seems to be where you would expect in terms of games played. Not to mention my old ass Yankees are probably more prone to injury than most.

BigAT

I started a league last night to begin learning the ropes and right out of the gate I had literally no money to put towards extensions. It was to the point that I couldn't even negotiate with players. Is this something unique about the Reds finances or am I missing something?

Also my owner is oddly obsessed with me extending Kevin Gregg for some reason. Maybe he has a glasses fetish.

TheCrow

I started a league last night to begin learning the ropes and right out of the gate I had literally no money to put towards extensions. It was to the point that I couldn't even negotiate with players. Is this something unique about the Reds finances or am I missing something?

Also my owner is oddly obsessed with me extending Kevin Gregg for some reason. Maybe he has a glasses fetish.
You'll receive money during the season through home games. Should be able to offer extensions by the end of the season. At least I think that's how it works.

eznark

Banned
I mentioned it to AT in mumble, but I'm more than a little concerned about how much impact those very specific owner goals will have.

eznark

Banned
Do they do anything if "can't be fired" is set? I've never really paid attention to them.

They've never been so specific before, but yeah if you consistently underperform there can be significant financial ramifications. I've had budgets slashed for awful seasons.

I had two goals in one of the Brewers sims I ran which were very specific and one was impossible, extend Gomez. Gomez refused to negotiate. The other was sign a hometown kid. Fuck you Mark!

TheCrow

I mentioned it to AT in mumble, but I'm more than a little concerned about how much impact those very specific owner goals will have.
I kinda like it even though I regret offering 20 mil to my third starter. He must've been blackmailing reinsdorf. Adds a bit more flavor to each season. Though I don't partially care for my current goal of raising my fielding percentage. Who cares about defense? Just hit more home runs.

eznark

Banned
I kinda like it even though I regret offering 20 mil to my third starter. He must've been blackmailing reinsdorf. Adds a bit more flavor to each season. Though I don't partially care for my current goal of raising my fielding percentage. Who cares about defense? Just hit more home runs.

I think it's interesting for solo games, gives some goals and objectives for the uncreative, but I don't like it if it dictates the way people feel they need to manage their rosters in a full online league. Especially if they are going to be arbitrary as fuck like "sign a dude from Wisco"

TheCrow

I think it's interesting for solo games, gives some goals and objectives for the uncreative, but I don't like it if it dictates the way people feel they need to manage their rosters in a full online league. Especially if they are going to be arbitrary as fuck like "sign a dude from Wisco"
Yeah didn't think they would get that specific. Though I like the idea of owners demanding you keep a player. You should then be able to talk him out of it.

resign Kevin gregg, wtf? my goals have been pretty normal ones. play .500, improve the LF position (damn you Grandy man :( ) and something about build a team to get into the playoffs in like 5 years.

eznark

Banned
My other league is on draft day and the commish sent out a note, just a heads up that this is an email you are likely to see from me come draft day:

The league is now on draft day.

My schedule will make is very hard to have a live draft -- plus the draft pool is comically bad imo. I am coaching AAU basketball Monday through Thursday night as well as Sunday evening.

The best thing we can do is to let everyone create an IN GAME draft list,.

If you email me a long excel sheet with names -- I will laugh and hit delete.

So let's pause the league until Monday, when I will run the draft based off your lists.

Except unfortunately I do not coach AAU girls basketball

Signed Olivera and a few international FAs to the Braves in my practice season. One had 20 HR power potential but the Angels kept outbidding me so I had to keep increasing my offer now I think I'm going to lose money this season. I increased my ticket prices by 50 cents at the beginning of the season but that just made less people come to the games lol. If I could just get rid of BJ Upton's overpaid contract! At least I'm first in the division!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Agreed...that sort of thing you can disable/override right?

brentech

Lets put up the official league rosters. I want to start scouting the draft pool while at work lol

Believe we're holding out for opening day rosters.

Update #1 just went live earlier today.
We have just released OOTP16 Update #1 for Steam users, version 16.2.9. The update fixes a variety of issues, adds a couple of new features, and includes a roster update.

Version 16.2.9 fixes & improvements:

- Fixed All-Star duplicated players and All-Star ballots not getting cleared
- Fixed financial coefficient applied twice for future salaries
- Fixed draft offers if over budget
- Add HOF voting reminder
- Fixed closers getting wrong text on HOF plaques
- Fixed league schedule length 0 crashes
- Fixed team financial history bug
- Fixed double counting manager runs in manager history
- Fixed missing postseason stats in real MLB games (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Updated rosters (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Fixed several minor bugs and text issues
- Fixed problems with some managers missing in historical leagues
- When importing OOTP 15 leagues, the default play mode is now "General Manager", hence preventing the AI manager to disappear.
- Tweaked Player of the Game code, the winner is now more likely of the winning team
- Add a checkbox to the team lineups screen to disable/enable auto-syncing between lineups & depth charts
- Fixed ticket price bug for historical leagues
- Fixed salaries report for leagues without arbitration

Top Bottom