• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

KaYotiX

Banned
First season as O's GM and I was looking good until All Star break then my pitching went to shit......

Had the guy with the most HRs during the season though :p Missed Wild Card by 4 games.....

Bacon

First season as O's GM and I was looking good until All Star break then my pitching went to shit......

Had the guy with the most HRs during the season though :p Missed Wild Card by 4 games.....

It definitely has the feel of real mlb. That streakiness can drive you crazy!

brentech

Anyone know if you can bind the back (navigation) button to something like Mouse3 easily?
That would be fantastic and make too much sense. I still click it every now and then. Probably after browsing the internet and not thinking.

@ootpbaseball
Adding the back button the mouse was very simple, so it's already in the code for OOTP 16. Thanks, guys!

Just found that tweet from Oct 2014. I'll look through the settings, but it definitely hasn't worked for me with no changes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there a report somewhere in the game listing which team has added the most WAR/value/some-sort-of-stat so far through transactions or something similar? I could've sworn I saw something like that but I can't find it anymore.

Is there a report somewhere in the game listing which team has added the most WAR/value/some-sort-of-stat so far through transactions or something similar? I could've sworn I saw something like that but I can't find it anymore.
I think that's only during the off season.

FILL THIS OUT

lol how do I hide a link in an email tag?
QUOTE FOR LEAGUE SPREADSHEET. I'LL START SENDING INVITES OUT AS SOON AS I CAN

The link that was showing didn't work, but when I quoted it, I was able to copy and paste the link.

I think you do it like this:
[\email]

With the slash going the other way.

eznark

Banned
That one works too as long as you c/p the link after quoting

In other news, we can turn off the Owner Goals, but I will leave them on for now. After a couple seasons if they seem jacked up we'll change it.

We can't actually set up the league until the final rosters are out though, so this is all just prep work still.

brentech

tumblr_lyhiowPkrq1qa9yvvo1_r2_500.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I went ahead and added an optional "Steam ID" column to the Google Doc in case people wanted to exchange them.

Rommel

So stoked to be doing OOTP leagues again. The anticipation is killing me. On the plus side I get MLB the show tomorrow, that should tide me over for a bit :D

Beckx

My Hanshin Tigers first season has gone to hell in a handbasket. A barrage of injuries and bad pitching (except for Randy Messenger as the lone bright spot) and now Matt Murton is gone for 2 months. Last place and it's only getting worse.

And yeah, the new owner goals are bizarro.

eznark

Banned
If you have yet to sign in, do so asap. Rosters will be out by Saturday I assume and there are already vultures circling for the teams whose owners have yet to sign up!

eznark

Banned
THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAVE TIL SATURDAY TO SIGN IN

darkside
frozenprince
purple cheeto
pheenix
mrbob
tekumseh

I'm not going to waste my time PM'ing people. If you aren't signed in by Saturday you aren't in the league. Honestly, if you don't care enough to fill out three cells in a spreadsheet are you going to be worth a shit in a daily upload league?

Rosters should be up Saturday so I will start the league then. It'll probably take a day or two to get everyone logged into the actual league as some of you are mouth breathers who probably will need their hands held during the process (BigAT).

As soon as possible after real rosters are released we will get started.

Top Bottom