• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
I'll have to pawn it off to try and afford another arm of the parade of pain continues through my staff.

I literally don't see any way for you to be able to add salary. You are 4.1m in the hole and your largest contracts this year (Reed, Adams, Pollock) are only making 6.5, 4.8, 4.8 and I don't see how you get rid of any of them. Imagine how f'd you'd be if I hadn't taken Tomas!

eznark

Banned
What is the average $/win in this league? I think it would be an interesting study.

Looking at my existing contracts, I'm paying around $6 mil/win to my stars that are on their big contracts (Choo, Fielder). $5 mil/win doesn't seem completely ridiculous.

Add in the risk of not being able to find a starting LF before my prospects mature and the contract seems reasonable to me.

Last year you paid $12m per win for Fielder. If that's your benchmark though, then sure, this is a steal!

Rommel

I literally don't see any way for you to be able to add salary. You are 4.1m in the hole and your largest contracts this year (Reed, Adams, Pollock) are only making 6.5, 4.8, 4.8 and I don't see how you get rid of any of them. Imagine how f'd you'd be if I hadn't taken Tomas!

I thank you for that lol.

I'll probably move Owings for a AAA starter for some depth.

Had a couple people DM me about it so just an FYI. If you are working a trade with Arizona, Houston, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, San Diego or Toronto know that each is significantly under water re: their annual budget and will have to shed millions (up to $9m for worst offender) in salary to make any deals work. If you are one of those teams and are trying to trade without factoring in your financial situation, stop it. You are wasting the other persons time and my time.

Colorado, Oakland and Philly are all just about even right now so they can't take on any salary.
To those teams, I might be willing to take on salary dumps if a good prospect is included.

Matt Moore is going to be so sad when I tell him he's probably going to remain an Astro through 2018. Maybe he can give Appel some tips on his changeup.

Sanjuro

I will entertain offers for Hanley.

Rusney Castillo has good numbers seaside his low scouting. Under contract for a while at not obscene rate.

Jackie Bradley Jr. also.

Need an ace.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just got home. Hopefully my slow-ass DSL line doesn't take forever to grab the download...I'll post when I've uploaded so hopefully ez can sim right after.

Twins send:

Ervin Santana
Huascar Ynoa
Aaron Hicks

to the Cards

for

Tim Cooney
Patrick Wisdom
Randal Grichuk

Hope Ynoa becomes what he's capable of Shalashaska. Bye Bye Santana. :p Small market Twins playing small-market ball. :(

eznark

Banned
Working on transactions now. You want your trades done promptly send them in like this, with current teams listed. Makes it a ton easier.

Trade 1

To STL:
Ervin Santana (AAA - Rochester)
Huascar Ynoa (A - Fort Myers)
Aaron Hicks (Minnesota)

To MIN:
Tim Cooney (AAA - Memphis)
Patrick Wisdom (AA - Springfield)
Randal Grichuk (AAA - Memphis)

Trade 2

To Milwaukee:
Chris Owings

To Arizona
Tyler Thornburg (AAA - Colorado)

Trade 3

To Seattle
Delino DeShields

To Texas
Logan Morrison

Cards agree.

I liked Grichuk but Hicks should be an improvement and replace one of my OFs who will be leaving in the off-season *cough*Holliday*cough*

Basically paying Santana's terrible contract in the hopes Ynoa turns out.

eznark

Banned
In-game reactions:

Cardinals and Twins AGM's liked it.

Diamondbacks AGM hates it.

Rangers AGM wanted to murder someone.

brentech

I've asked people to list players league if not on the active roster numerous times now. Think it's safe to say I ain't even searching anymore.
Yall can wait another day if you don't include that information.

Hell, one time one of the players was in the international complex.

eznark

Banned
lol for fucks sakes, Texas immediately released LoMo during the three day sim. I'll have to fix that. It doesn't even say they released him in the transaction log. Says they traded for him and now he is a FA. Fuck you OOTP

Any other trades get screwie?

Damn, GG Baltimore on getting Ocasio. Really wanted him, should've just went all in on the guy.

My scout pretty much thought he was the second coming of Mike Trout

I was going to throw the bank at him till I realized I was allowed to spend a grand total of zero dollars!

My scout pretty much thought he was the second coming of Mike Trout
Yeah, wish I spent more ;_;

Not a bad last month for adding to my prospect pool, not that the OSA is everything but through the draft and that last trade, I now have 3 of the top 15 rated prospects. Oh and now I'm first in overall ranking systems when I was near the bottom.

The Cards are here to stay folks.

brentech

lol
I3HoFvg.png

Well, since you're playing for the Indians, we'll have to take all things in consideration.

He gave up a top prospect for 3 months of Logan Morrison in a year he isn't in contention.....

And he has a farm system full of highly regarded first basemen. I didn't propose the trade, I just took what was offered!

Actually Round Rock has FOUR first basemen and ZERO short stops. That is some amazing roster construction.

So it says Delino DeShields Jr got traded but he's still on the Round Rock Express.

It looks like he actually played a game for my AAA team though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
al east is just pathetic. boston might win the division by 15 games.

also jake odorizzi is still on my 40 man. hasn't really mattered before but I'm right up on the edge for my 40 man now and I can't get him off of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Where should he be?

Well he's been on the A's 25 man roster for like a year now. He's showing up on my 40 man list but I can't get rid of him, game tells me hes on the active roster and has to be demoted first but thats obviously not possible. I'm not actually paying him and there was a period of time where he wasn't on my 40 man after I traded him but he showed up back on later. Its pretty bizarre. There used to be 2 Jake Odorizzis but Brent deleted the one that doesn't actually exist.

If you guys can't fix it its not a huge deal because I have a couple bums I'd be looking to just cut loose anyway, just dunno if its an easy fix or whatever.

eznark

Banned
Well he's been on the A's 25 man roster for like a year now. He's showing up on my 40 man list but I can't get rid of him, game tells me hes on the active roster and has to be demoted first but thats obviously not possible. I'm not actually paying him and there was a period of time where he wasn't on my 40 man after I traded him but he showed up back on later. Its pretty bizarre. There used to be 2 Jake Odorizzis but Brent deleted the one that doesn't actually exist.

Well it's obviously not fair for him to be on your 40 man. I'll take a look today.

brentech

A steam update just got pushed out. Everyone not using steam will need to update in order for their game to sync up with the league files.

- DL notification fixed if a human is controlling all teams
- Crash fixed for very early historical leagues (related to coach contracts)
- Fixed MLB quickstart DSL team affiliations (Red Sox 2 & Mariners 2, need to create new game for fix to apply)
- Tweaked player position AI when generating depth charts
- Fixed "Force start" issues in minor leagues
- Fixed suspension days count
Here are the improvements / fixes compared to version 16.6.30:
- Added option to force DH in All-Star game
- Modified All-Star player in-game usage
- Fixed disabling player popups not sticking in options
- Fixed incorrectly notifying to activate a player during off-season while not on DL
- Fixed incorrect stats in team leaderboards
- Fixed incorrect wildcard calculations when division leaders tied
- Fixed duplicate field in team_history_financials export
- Fixed case where "strict" rotation mode would still skip starters on occasion
- Fixed case where locked positions persisted after manager "takes control" of them
- Added ability to remove players from specific shortlists
- Improved offseason processing time
- Fixed several minor bugs + text issues

If you guys can't fix it its not a huge deal because I have a couple bums I'd be looking to just cut loose anyway, just dunno if its an easy fix or whatever.

Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye. Never thought a dude would clone himself just to avoid going to Oakland, but hey, weirder things have happened.

Real life Marlins traded Latos and Morse away....first thing I did was look up in OOTP what prospects we got back lol

when I find out who the fuck they are!

Top Bottom