• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
TBH I still think I somehow got the worse of that Moore trade. Altuve has been a fucking dumpster fire for me. Would have been better off keeping Nick Franklin :/

TBH I still think I somehow got the worse of that Moore trade. Altuve has been a fucking dumpster fire for me. Would have been better off keeping Nick Franklin :/

It's funny, because Altuve was amazing for you last season after you got him, but this season he's putting up almost the exact stat line he had when I traded him to you.

Franklin has been shit, BTW - you're not missing much. That deal is all about Adames for me. He's been great at AA.

I grant you, it's the only trade I've made that wasn't a giant fuck-up on my end. I could really use Moran right now.

Every starting OF of mine is now injured. Quentin out for 5 weeks. Fuck!!!! At least we got the division lead again after sweeping the Marlins

Chris Archer having an amazing season 10-1! Better make the all star team!

Aaron Hicks is available if you're interested.

My owner won't let me spend a single penny on these international FAs.

Can we just sim 10 years into the future when he's probably not the owner anymore? :(

I'm in the same boat buddy, smh. Not a penny to spare, but I'm optimistic overall. Just have to wait out some bad contracts and keep hoping the young guys meet their potential. We'll see.

TheCrow

Holy shit, Adam Eaton is made of glass. Out for the rest of the season. Guess it's time to tank, abandon ship!
anuxi_tech.gif

eznark

Banned
Ryan Rua........why????

Just let me know when you're all set, Xia

Noooooooooo I moved up a post in power rankings. LERN 2 TEHNK

eznark

Banned
Had a couple people DM me about it so just an FYI. If you are working a trade with Arizona, Houston, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, San Diego or Toronto know that each is significantly under water re: their annual budget and will have to shed millions (up to $9m for worst offender) in salary to make any deals work. If you are one of those teams and are trying to trade without factoring in your financial situation, stop it. You are wasting the other persons time and my time.

Colorado, Oakland and Philly are all just about even right now so they can't take on any salary.

I figured after my owner wouldn't let me bid on any international FAs that my only choices in this game are drafting and trading away expensive guys

Sooooo anyone want Giancarlo stanton in 2 years? start your offers now...

Rommel

So out of curiosity, if i was to trade with someone who was over budget also, would we need to match contracts exactly or would there be a bit of wiggle room?

Rommel

I love the fact I have a projected profit of 21.6 million and have a great record but I can't go to my owner asking for the 10 mil back he axed from my budget over the off season.

Oh well I should see a sizeable increase next year.

eznark

Banned
So out of curiosity, if i was to trade with someone who was over budget also, would we need to match contracts exactly or would there be a bit of wiggle room?

wut

You'd each need to free up money and be net positive at the end of the deal. For you that means shedding $5m before any deal, then making sure the trade is net black on your end. I looked at your salaries and I don't see any way of you trading for anyone on any real salary.

It's sort of incredible that you were able to go $5m in the red with a $43m payroll. Almost as incredible as being the best team in baseball with a $43m payroll.

I love the fact I have a projected profit of 21.6 million and have a great record but I can't go to my owner asking for the 10 mil back he axed from my budget over the off season.
He axed $10m from the budget because you lost $15m last year. Your salaries go up almost 50%. I'm interested to see what your owner does.

I can't believe I spent the whole year starting a guy who should be in longish relief. I didn't even realize it till I saw "Why the fuck is a guy with 35 stamina starting?"

He somehow won games, but I've replaced him again with Brad Hand, who had a 7 IP 4 hit 0 ER performance against the Nats. I needed those last two wins!

And now AJ Ramos has turned into a trash reliever :(

Question, though---I've got a SP in triple A who I think I'm ready to call up to be a 5th starter. he's never played in the majors at all, so if I call him up, this counts as a major league year right? I'd have to wait until September for it to not count?
Just a little confused cause there was that kris bryant situation where they waited like 2 weeks to call him up so they could gain another year of club control, I think

eznark

Banned
Reminder that this will be the last sim to sign your drafted players. If you want to make an offer, do so now.

Also, I'm going to 7 day sims tonight and they will continue until rosters expand in September.

Rommel

Kind of what I figured.

Interesting to see that all the cash I traded for to bring myself back into balance didn't affect my "budget". Had over 16 million in cash at the end of last year to offset that loss.

Funny story is he took what was left at the end of the year instead of adding any cash lol. Cash I have now is from revenue sharing. Very interested to see how it plays out. I'm pretty much crushing all his expectations.

ryseing

Ryan Rua........why????

Just let me know when you're all set, Xia

Noooooooooo I moved up a post in power rankings. LERN 2 TEHNK

Part of my young core + buying out his arbitration means I get to spend less on the back end.

In a bit of a sophomore slump but if he repeats his freshman year he'll be worth every penny, and he's already almost equaled his HR total from last year.

Plus my only viable LF prospect is 3+ years away.

Got my 71 rated IFA. YESSS

eznark

Banned
Part of my young core + buying out his arbitration means I get to spend less on the back end.

In a bit of a sophomore slump but if he repeats his freshman year he'll be worth every penny.

Plus my only viable LF prospect is 3+ years away.

Got my 71 rated IFA. YESSS

$5m per win seems expensive, but the way this league is going there won't be any free agents left so I guess even middling guys will be worth $10.5m in 2020. Might be a prescient signing!

ryseing

$5m per win seems expensive, but the way this league is going there won't be any free agents left so I guess even middling guys will be worth $10.5m in 2020. Might be a prescient signing!

What is the average $/win in this league? I think it would be an interesting study.

Looking at my existing contracts, I'm paying around $6 mil/win to my stars that are on their big contracts (Choo, Fielder). $5 mil/win doesn't seem completely ridiculous.

Add in the risk of not being able to find a starting LF before my prospects mature and the contract seems reasonable to me.

brentech

Kind of what I figured.

Interesting to see that all the cash I traded for to bring myself back into balance didn't affect my "budget". Had over 16 million in cash at the end of last year to offset that loss.

Funny story is he took what was left at the end of the year instead of adding any cash lol. Cash I have now is from revenue sharing. Very interested to see how it plays out. I'm pretty much crushing all his expectations.

You traded away value contracts. You really thought he'd provide the same or more money when you play sub .500 ball and drop your attendance by 300k on the year?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Had to reformat my entire PC because Windows fucked up. I assume the directions on the league website is still the easiest way to set everything up right?

Top Bottom