• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

ryseing

He gave up a top prospect for 3 months of Logan Morrison in a year he isn't in contention.....

...DeShields was like my fifth best CF prospect, can't play defense, and was responsible for my OF defensive rating being in the toilet. CF is the most important defensive OF position. Meanwhile, my current CF just got named Rookie of the Month.

Plus getting Morrison allows me to move Rua back to LF (he was playing first because Fielder's too slow), platoon Gallo because Gallo can't hit lefties, and hopefully I'll be able to sign Morrison to a long term deal. There is a method to my madness believe it or not.

We're 7-12 in one run games, and should be just above .500. We're not out of contention yet. Top flight starter wasn't going to happen so why not take a chance on a bat I can get for a prospect I hate?

So it says Delino DeShields Jr got traded but he's still on the Round Rock Express.

It looks like he actually played a game for my AAA team though.

Yeah, he's still showing up on RR.

eznark

Banned
What's weirder is it says he played a game for SEA of the PCL, but all my guys in AAA have their stats recorded as for TAC.

It's not a super huge deal since I wasn't planning on having him on the major league roster immediately anyhow.

Yeah, not doing to do a special upload for him. But it's weird. And that Odorizzi shit is fucking BAFFLING. I'll try to remember to post in the OOTP forums.

brentech

7 day vance going now!

Crow at work like:

skYOFwB.gif

This is me every other update...

*Checks standings and record*
"FUCK this piece of shit game why do I waste my time :("

Oh, but GEEZ, washington got sent back to the slums

brentech

Indians got nuked. 4 injuries this sim. SP, 2 OF, 1B/DH

That leaves me down 2 SPs. And 3 OFers overall. (1st base and one of the OF is injury pending, so hoping they're just day to day)

I put on auto control for my minor leagues just to see what the AI would do and holy shit have they moved my minor leagues around a lot

Rommel

Indians got nuked. 4 injuries this sim. SP, 2 OF, 1B/DH

That leaves me down 2 SPs. And 3 OFers overall. (1st base and one of the OF is injury pending, so hoping they're just day to day)

Just load up with 12 relievers. Who needs starters...

Speaking of starters I have Chase Anderson in AAA who would make for a decent warm body who is available.

brentech

Luckily I still have 2-3 more guys I feel I can throw into my starting rotation and get something out of them.
Charles Brewer getting the call up.

Then Mitch Brown and Josh Tomlin can get a try if Brewer falls flat.

Sanjuro

Probably should have fired Farrell. Randomly he decided to move Koji from the closing spot, despite being one of the top closers in the game.

Great!

Pretty good advance! Back in 1st and shutout the Nationals 3 games in a row including both games of a double header!

Holy shit Mark Reynolds with 5 home runs this week!

But Markakis is now injured 3-4 weeks. 5th injury to my OF. Nothing but rookies out there now but at least they're good defensively!

Can't argue with the winning results of the week, but hey, Bob Melvin, do me a favor and don't bat Eric Sogard in the cleanup spot 4 games in a row ever again, k?

brentech

Holy shit Mark Reynolds with 5 home runs this week!

But Markakis is now injured 3-4 weeks. 5th injury to my OF. Nothing but rookies out there now but at least they're good defensively!
he earns his home runs via blooper, no? Like, takes a hit ball to the chest = home run. Falls running to a base = home run. Etc.

Cardinals going to file suit over the lemon they got in Ynoa?!?

He must have been damaged during shipment. Sue the USPS. :p

If a player get pegged with a low def rating at a new position does it improve over time?

Yeah, as ez said. I've got an excellent defender I wanted to be able to play the hot corner in addition to 2B/SS, but he had no rating. He's gone from a 20 to a 40 in a couple of months @ 3rd. I hope he keeps rising.

DeShields is still playing for Round Rock.

I did a purge a while ago. Looked again after the draft and had a bunch more that signed from nowhere.

There was a sim error or something right after the draft and a bunch of guys you cut were uncut and put on your low minors. That happened to me anyhow.

Weird, it now appears that Delino DeShields also played a game for Tacoma. Bizarre.

Just noticed Brendan Rogers failed to sign AGAIN. Dude has been the #1 pick and the #3 pick and has yet to sign.

Dazmon Cameron another guy who has been drafted in the first and twice failed to sign.

eznark

Banned
Weird, it now appears that Delino DeShields also played a game for Tacoma. Bizarre.

Just noticed Brendan Rogers failed to sign AGAIN. Dude has been the #1 pick and the #3 pick and has yet to sign.

Dazmon Cameron another guy who has been drafted in the first and twice failed to sign.

Will try and fix.

So, I talked to another commish and he has run into the 40 man bug. Unfortunately, Tampa...you are fucked as long as Odo is in the league.

Top Bottom