• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

And we all mocked Rommel.

You mad mad genius.

I feel like the Astros this year. I had a plan for the long term and took a lot of steps towards it but was expecting .500 ish ball for a couple years.

Little did I know Corbin was the monster he is and all my SO would come together like it did. Add some rating bumps and I'm at where I'm now. Honestly I think signing Rollins helped a lot. My bench coach and teammates rave about his leadership.

Also, teams in playoff runs who need pitchers and have prospects - Matt Moore is still on the table. I've had discussions with at least one contender, but I'm sure there's another guy out there who would like an upgrade* - I don't necessarily want to deal him to the first guy who answered the call without seeing what the market has in store.

*Sorry Marlins, you don't have the prospects.
I would be interested but I'm sorry your scout sucks. My minor league system owns. Someone else will receive a star of the future!

ryseing

I feel like the Astros this year. I had a plan for the long term and took a lot of steps towards it but was expecting .500 ish ball for a couple years.

Little did I know Corbin was the monster he is and all my SO would come together like it did. Add some rating bumps and I'm at where I'm now. Honestly I think signing Rollins helped a lot. My bench coach and teammates rave about his leadership.

I'm just happy none of the guys I've given you have blown up yet :p

Contending teams who need veteran bats, make me an offer. Rua/Gallo/Odor/Brinson are not gonna happen, but anyone else is up for grabs. Willing to do salary relief in exchange for a better prospect.

I would be interested but I'm sorry your scout sucks. My minor league system owns. Someone else will receive a star of the future!

The only young pitcher you have that my scout likes is Fernandez. I can't imagine a universe where he's on the table.

edit: I guess Conley and Alvarez are ok too, but they're too old.

Rommel

I'm just happy none of the guys I've given you have blown up yet :p

Contending teams who need veteran bats, make me an offer. Rua/Gallo/Odor/Brinson are not gonna happen, but anyone else is up for grabs. Willing to do salary relief in exchange for a better prospect.

Well Profar has already put up 1.2 WAR... Not sure what your definition of blowing up is though

The only young pitcher you have that my scout likes is Fernandez. I can't imagine a universe where he's on the table.

edit: I guess Conley and Alvarez are ok too, but they're too old.

Yeah I'm keeping those guys, I thought you might want one of my positional minor league players which I've got plenty of

Pitching prospects, not so much...

OOTP is a riddle wrapped in dogshit and I love it so much!

Lol, that's how I feel.

Hey ez and brent, I have a request. I'm going to be gone for a bit (7/31- 8/8), and I'm going to have absolutely zero internet access. (
I'm going to be deep in the woods.
) Anyway, I'm a bit concerned about my team while I'm gone. I don't trust handing everything over to my ass. gm, and I'm concerned that I could get in a rough spot with injuries potentially. What I would like is if I could give one of you guys a simple set of instructions to just keep my team functioning without the possibility of putting guys on waivers that I want to keep.

What I would like is to make certain that I don't let go of anyone who is currently on my 25 and 40 man rosters. I just want to have enough guys on the big league roster culled from the 40-man in case of injuries, without waiving anyone. That's basically it. Maybe it will be a non-issue anyway, but that will be quite a few sims, and I don't know what may unfold. I'm comfortable letting my manager make any necessary adjustments to lineups etc. since I've really got no choice.

I would ask my wife to handle it, but it would take centuries to rebuild after the damage had been done. :p

eznark

Banned
I'm so confused by Wade Davis

I said all along I wasn't ripping him off. And Rommel, my scout has him at an 80 as well.
Wong is like a full win better than Mike fucking Trout at this point, after a middling year. No one expected this.

brentech

So scared for Cody Anderson's second big league start (upcoming game). And it just has to be against the White Sox who are chasing me.

eznark

Banned
About that contract.

We're going to have to start looking SIGNIFICANTLY harder at these pre-arb deals. Bradley sold his last two years of arbitration for about $.40 on the dollar despite 25 exceptional major league starts. A starting pitcher with his numbers is looking at $10m in free agency and he doesn't even crack $4m until year 5 of this deal. It's ludicrous.

There have been a ton of these deals in this league, some borderline, some fine, some a complete joke like this one. I'll talk to Brent about it but I'm leaning to no pre-arb extensions. The game can't handle it and apparently neither can we.

Only real way to handle Rommelgate is to pull a Faye Vincent and suspend him for a year from baseball operations.

Then Kolten Wong can buy him a sweet bath robe in a year saying "THE BOSS IS BACK" and he can roll back into town like Steinbrenner.

I offered Shelby Miller an extension. I pretty much gave him arbitration estimates for 2 years and then gave him 12-16 mil the rest of the contract. Would that be ok? It's pretty much what he was asking for. I can take a pic of my offer if you need it.

Rommel

About that contract.

We're going to have to start looking SIGNIFICANTLY harder at these pre-arb deals. Bradley sold his last two years of arbitration for about $.40 on the dollar despite 25 exceptional major league starts. A starting pitcher with his numbers is looking at $10m in free agency and he doesn't even crack $4m until year 5 of this deal. It's ludicrous.

There have been a ton of these deals in this league, some borderline, some fine, some a complete joke like this one. I'll talk to Brent about it but I'm leaning to no pre-arb extensions. The game can't handle it and apparently neither can we.

In the same regard it is a huge risk locking up a player like that on a long term basis. Bradley is a prime example. He's now out 11-12 months with a torn labrum. In my effort to control costs for a small market team I have to take chances like this. But I agree it might make more sense to put a time limit on deals. IE more than 2 years of service time before you can offer an extension. That way they've had sufficient time to establish market value/production.

eznark

Banned
Did you give him that 10 year deal he wantrs?

Paying under market value for all the prime years of a pitcher. Such risk, Rommel. It's a garbage deal.

Rommel

Paying under market value for all the prime years of a pitcher. Such risk, Rommel. It's a garbage deal.

I was actually surprised that he took it honestly. I did pay more upfront in his pre-arb years getting him some money upfront.

But I agree in putting a limit on pre-arb deals might make sense until they have 2 years of service time... aka the year before they hit arbitration.

Me? Yeah. I didn't change anything other than taking 100,000 from his first year and some from the second year and adding it to the rest of the contract to get to the 13 mil average over 10 years he wanted. Here's what I offered:

Kid7Zsj.jpg

TheCrow

So scared for Cody Anderson's second big league start (upcoming game). And it just has to be against the White Sox who are chasing me.
I'm just glad my bullpen survived a couple games without a starting pitcher. Now Latos is down and he was doing so well for me too. Luckily my other starters are set to start since I probably won't be around to update tomorrow. Should be a close series.

Wong is like a full win better than Mike fucking Trout at this point, after a middling year. No one expected this.
My scout had him high potential and I came close to not making the deal. What put me over the top was my owner wanting an upgrade at 1B. Did I think Wong would be this good? Obviously not. But the way I and Rommel got treated after the trade was a bit ridiculous. And now when the trade has not only proven equal, but actually fallen Arizona's way, people still can't seem to accept it.

eznark

Banned
Molina injured!

No wins!

All the players I care about got better in my PDR!

Perfect update.

Arizona has no money to sign IFA's so hopefully the market won't be broken again!

Rommel

Molina injured!

No wins!

All the players I care about got better in my PDR!

Perfect update.

Arizona has no money to sign IFA's so hopefully the market won't be broken again!

According to my scout there are only 5 guys worth signing this go around. One sleeper and the rest you can see by their demands.

Had some pretty big jumps in my prospects I just signed. Interesting to see that happen so fast. Luken Baker is tearing up rookie ball. .381/.435/.857 (small sample size)

Yup that damn labrum again... geez...

Every starting OF of mine is now injured. Quentin out for 5 weeks. Fuck!!!! At least we got the division lead again after sweeping the Marlins

Chris Archer having an amazing season 10-1! Better make the all star team!

My number 1 pick had his potential power increase from 65 to 70 and his eye rating from 60 to 65.

An 18 year old catcher with plus power and plus eye, oh man.

Don't remind me <_<.

Going into this game I knew IRL Angels had some bloated contracts but I never knew it would be this bad. I can't wait until next year when a bunch of it gets dumped.

My owner won't let me spend a single penny on these international FAs.

Can we just sim 10 years into the future when he's probably not the owner anymore? :(

Alright, I'm back. I need some starting pitching. Have a plethora of outfielders.

Are you interested in Matt Moore?

I'm having a Matt Moore firesale. Still haven't heard from everyone. I know people can use him.

The offers are coming in though. Don't be left holding your dick, when you could be holding a precious starting pitcher!

Are you interested in Matt Moore?

I'm having a Matt Moore firesale. Still haven't heard from everyone. I know people can use him.

The offers are coming in though. Don't be left holding your dick, when you could be holding a precious starting pitcher!

6.16 ERA, 1.49 WHIP Matt Moore? And at $3.6m? LOlololOLolOLLLLOoollolol

Forget a fire sale. That guy's arm is literally on fire.

Top Bottom