• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Will try and fix.

So, I talked to another commish and he has run into the 40 man bug. Unfortunately, Tampa...you are fucked as long as Odo is in the league.

Last season another one of those bugs fixed itself when we hit Spring training. Player was on one roster, but showed up on someone's 40 man. Disappeared from the 40 man once spring training started.

Xw22ahs.gif

do you guys have 90 players on your lower A rosters or you guys trimmed the rosters down?

I keep around 30ish guys at most because injuries happen but if you put much more than that then guys don't get playing time.

I have age/performance cut offs for the minors. If a guy is like 23 and sucks in A ball then I cut him.

I also check the minor league system report to see who is ready to be promoted or not.

I also check the minor league system report to see who is ready to be promoted or not.

Christ, I didn't know this existed. I've needed this!

Also, is there such thing as a "power hitter"? Because I'm going through rosters and I see pull and spray and normal...well, Loria is a little upset that I haven't acquired a power hitter.

It'd be nice if he gave me some goddamn money to do so!

Pyrogeek

Also, is there such thing as a "power hitter"? Because I'm going through rosters and I see pull and spray and normal...well, Loria is a little upset that I haven't acquired a power hitter.

The spray / pull hitting types refer to the direction they tend to hit the ball compared to their facing, not their contact or power tendencies.

Right, what would count as a power hitter then?

I'm sticking Dee Gordon in the lineup against RHP at shortstop ... please god let this not be a bad decision.

Click on your team name->Player Info->Minor League System Report. It'll show if a player is overmatched, probably over matched, probably ready for promotion, ready for promotion. Also if you're ever going through your roster and notice the green and red arrows the mean roughly the same thing (green means a guy should probably be promoted, red means demoted).

I've seen guys putting up decent/good stats who were "probably over matched" and vice versa, so use it more as a guideline than gospel.

That Mike Zunino line from July 7: 3-4-3-7 2HR 2BB. Have a day why don't you.

So what would happen if... I traded Odorizzi back to Tampa?? Let's do it, Rays. Let's make this happen.

He's 10-36 with 4 homers and 4 doubles in July, as well as 4 walks. A nice bounce back from June where he went 12-82 with 4 doubles and 1 homer.

Also Dustin Ackley had a bases loaded triple in that game, lulz.

Rommel

Two of my starters hate my manager and won't even discuss signing. Will that ever change over time or would I need a new manager altogether?

brentech

Michael Brantely also out for 3 months on that injury, but it happened a while ago. He'll be back if I make the play offs.

GOING TO UPDATE THIS SIM. EXPORT YOUR CHANGES IF YOU MADE SOME. No progression, but our trade wasn't put in.

brentech

JEAN SEGURA PLAYER OF THE WEEK! WHAT A GREAT MOVE
I saw that. I want to know how he did on defense. Presumably, not terrible.

Just an FYI acheron, since I can see it while making the trade, looks like the AGM thinks it's a decent deal as he said he has to think about it.

Will be uploading this change in just a couple minutes.

eznark

Banned
I saw that. I want to know how he did on defense. Presumably, not terrible.

Just an FYI acheron, since I can see it while making the trade, looks like the AGM thinks it's a decent deal as he said he has to think about it.

Will be uploading this change in just a couple minutes.

He is getting awful range numbers but it isn't hurting him too badly. Plus, I don't really care. I want to lose!

That sucks. Makes me feel less bummed about the ynoa deal

Hey, for what it's worth shaska, I'm feeling no schadenfreude over the deal. I hope his injury doesn't turn out to be problematic long-term and he still ends up being an ace for you eventually. The timing was a hell of a thing though.

Pyrogeek

Actually, something is messed up with the latest save. My player roster is full of players from other teams and times, some as earl as 1906.

brentech

I'm seeing a lot of other team's players on my Disabled List. I'll leave them be for now.

Actually, something is messed up with the latest save. My player roster is full of players from other teams and times, some as earl as 1906.

Sure you're not looking at another league?
Just checked your DL and it's all Washington players, albeit, not a single MLB injury.
I don't see anyone on your roster from another team...or time.

Pyrogeek

No it isn't

Something is broken on my end, then. When I load my save then download the league file, I'll select the Washington Nationals but have completely different players. I even fell back to an older save and downloaded the latest league file again.

brentech

I don't let that shit hold up the league. If you want full control over your minor league systems, then do the work.
If it prevents the advance, I say fuck you, take control of their team, 'Ask AI to set up complete minor league system', take control of my team and advance the league.

dac15_cool.gif

So Weaver is out for the year with Tommy John. This is the last year of his contract. Any reason not to DFA him? I don't know if I can or not, but I'm just CURIOUS (seriously fuck him).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't let that shit hold up the league. If you want full control over your minor league systems, then do the work.
If it prevents the advance, I say fuck you, take control of their team, 'Ask AI to set up complete minor league system', take control of my team and advance the league.

dac15_cool.gif

I actually let the AI do a full minor league pass this time around in my last update, which is why I'm confused on what happened, lol.

Another 30-40 min and I should be home.

Top Bottom